Thread: Radio Issues

RC poster

Radio Issues

I have a 2nd generation Spartan that has been in the water once last summer. (it was a blast)
    Over the winter I installed my Airtronics radio (Sport) and a receiver (92524).

The problem is this: There is no throttle response, the ESC seems to be searching for a signal.

The rudder works fine.
    I have reversed the wires into the receiver and then both rudder & throttle work (thottle on the wheel & rudder on the trigger). I installed a second (new) receiver and same results. I have put the receiver in my Slash and it works fine.

Any suggestions or solutions before I mount the boat on top of the truck just to go for a boat ride

OH, BTW, Airtronics says it's an ESC problem and Castle Creations says it's a receiver problem.

RC Racer
    If your Esc green LED blink and beep, use your throttle trim until you get neutral position.
    Calibrate your Esc.

RC poster
    Hi: As soon as I plug in the battery it starts this cycle: flash both lights 9 times, rising green tone, flash both lights 9 times, falling red tone, and then repeat.
    It does not matter whether I hold the throttle on full or not, it doesn't matter if the transmitteer is on or off.

If I activate the steering (which works) then the ESC changes pattern to: flash both lights 12 times, flash green once, flash both lights 12 times, flash red once, and then repeat.
    I have adjusted trim and attempted to calibrate esc but to no avail.

RC Champion
    Just to rule out the speed control, have you tried putting the traxxas receiver back in the boat for testing to see if that will work?
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC poster
    I don't have a Traxxas radio. (sold last winter)