RC Qualifier

Soldering my Traxxas connectors back on?

Yesterday i was running my kb and i went in to disconnect the batteries and i pulled on the connector from the esc too hard and i ripped the connector straight off the cord, I have no clue how to fix this, could my hobby shop do it or do i have to buy a solder and do it myself? if possible post some links on everything i will need asap!! thanks guys!!
    Rustler Vxl,Slash 2WD,Slash 4X4,SPC Lipos

RC Racer
    Hard to post links when we need more specific information. Where did it come apart at? And definatly try and.post a picture

RC Qualifier
    The black part of the cable is completely detached from the traxxas connector itself, can you help me out on how to post pics please? sorry im new to this lol
    Rustler Vxl,Slash 2WD,Slash 4X4,SPC Lipos

RC Racer
    If you have a soldering iron you might be able to get it soldered back on inside the connector. I have never had luck with those connectors reconnecting the once used. You might be better off going to the hobby shop and having them stick a new connector on. Connector should be about $3 and they shouldn't charge you more than $5 to solder it on. It only takes about a minute to put a connector on.

Ok, so I tested out something to see if I could do it. If you slide a little tiny screwdriver in under the metal part of the connector between that and the plastic, it lifts up just enough that you can push the metal part back out. Then you could solder the wire back on.

So, you'd still need to either buy a soldering iron or have someone solder it for you. Then next time, pull from the connector, and not the wires
    Last edited by cooleocool; 06-24-2012 at 08:21 AM. Reason: post merge