Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg PA
    Posts
    176

    What The Faster You Ran Ur Slash 4x4

    What the faster ur slash 4x4 is runnin ? Anybody can answer bout there slash 4x4.

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Posts
    295
    I don't quite understand your question, but I'm running 14/50 gearing right now, and just gunning it off the ground it sounds just more high pitched from higher top end. With a lipo it has GREAT low end compared to 12/54 I had before.

    With NiMH though, it bogs and the battery gets hot as heck.
    SSC SLASH 4X4

  3. #3
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lilydale, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    2,845
    Mine does 80 mph without a body on it, running 4s lipo

    Cheers
    Slash Platinum
    Xerun 150 / Tenshock SC401 3500kv

  4. #4
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg PA
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by crusey View Post
    Mine does 80 mph without a body on it, running 4s lipo

    Cheers
    80 is fast, what kinda tires ?

  5. #5
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg PA
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by indy34096 View Post
    I don't quite understand your question, but I'm running 14/50 gearing right now, and just gunning it off the ground it sounds just more high pitched from higher top end. With a lipo it has GREAT low end compared to 12/54 I had before.

    With NiMH though, it bogs and the battery gets hot as heck.
    if im right urs prob dose 40 or 45mph.

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    310
    not sure my top speed but i run a mamba monster with stock motor gear that comes with the mamba and a 52t spur on 6s with stampede tires lol

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    627
    I run mine right at around 50mph but I'm not interested in doing speed runs. I just keep everything running warm.

  8. #8
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    El Sobrante, Ca
    Posts
    8,124
    On GPS my first truck ran 79.79 mph. My second truck ran 50.21 mph.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

  9. #9
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    692
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    On GPS my first truck ran 79.79 mph. My second truck ran 50.21 mph.
    you did 79mph with the 2400 in there ? what gearing
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

  10. #10
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. vxlrocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Manassas, Va
    Posts
    6,748
    i run the 2400 on 4s geared 18/54 on pede' talons...i'm guessing i'm right around 60? i have known a couple to clip over 90 on GRP tires and a 2650 or 2200 on 6S though. there's a few videos on youtube showing it.
    (2)RC8TEs, RC8.2E (2)slash 4x4 2650 pede 3800

  11. #11
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg PA
    Posts
    176
    so i just ran my slash 4x4 on the xo-1 tires....it said 72mph.....im running 19/50 4.5 550 motor 2 5300mah 65c 2c LiPo....im happy wit that speed. imma soon change my setup into a MM2650 on the 2 2s lipo's n 22/44 gears.
    Last edited by sbinqnz; 05-25-2012 at 12:10 PM.

  12. #12
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    delaware
    Posts
    937
    what is the best any one has run with a short course body on the truck best i could get was 64 body on

  13. #13
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    692
    Quote Originally Posted by sbinqnz View Post
    so i just ran my slash 4x4 on the xo-1 tires....it said 72mph.....im running 19/50 4.5 550 motor 2 5300mah 65c 2c LiPo....im happy wit that speed. imma soon change my setup into a MM2650 on the 2 2s lipo's n 22/44 gears.
    thats pretty good , i ran xo-1 tires with my 2200 setup 18/52 and it wouldnt go over 65mph threw the 1/8 slicks on and hit almost 70mph , i thought it would go faster with the bigger xo-1 wheels or figured it would be geared higher then with 1/8 tires on
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

  14. #14
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    El Sobrante, Ca
    Posts
    8,124
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyG6 View Post
    you did 79mph with the 2400 in there ? what gearing
    It is geared 22/50. It was ran with a Venom 4s lipo fresh off the charger. It was ran with no body on it and taped Dynamite Robber tires in the parking lot of Golden Gate Fields in berkeley, California.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

  15. #15
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    692
    what would be the lowest spur can put with a 22 pinion gear ?
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

  16. #16
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg PA
    Posts
    176
    benny u can put a 44 spur gear ...22/44 is like 20/50

  17. #17
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    692
    Quote Originally Posted by sbinqnz View Post
    benny u can put a 44 spur gear ...22/44 is like 20/50
    thanks will pick one up and test it out
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

  18. #18
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    El Sobrante, Ca
    Posts
    8,124
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyG6 View Post
    thanks will pick one up and test it out
    Let us know how that works for you! I might have to try that myself. I will have to put the fan back on the motor if I am going to gear it for that kind of speed
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •