RC Racer

Castle MMM Opinions

So I've found a couple pretty sweet deals on the mamba monster setup and i was just wondering what you guys' opinions are of it. The good and the bad. Thanks in advance -Garrett
    Slash 4X4
    8ight-T 2.0 (E-Coversion)

RC Champion
    You will absolutely love it. Keep in mind that the 2400 is a great choice as well and it's much cheaper. My friends have the 2200 in thier slash's and I'm putting one in currently. It's overkill for sure, but great if you plan on running 6s. On another note, with the 2200 or 2650 you will most certainly need to make some upgrades to your current rig...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Racer
    I think u should get the mamba monster set up, As soon as i get my funds up imma gettin a Mamba Monster 2650....

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    My current 4x4 Slash build consists of the MMM 2650 combo. I can't wait to finish it so i can run it. I also have the MMP 2400 in my 4x4 Stampede and its a beast. You wont go wrong with any of the combos, just be prepared to beef up the truck LOL.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    I was looking towards the 2200. I have MIP's comming for the rear, what else drivetrain wise am i looking at. I was thinking the revo slipper rebuild, and i ordered the tekno big bone center shaft also, what else am looking at drivetrain wise for upgrades?
    Slash 4X4

RC Qualifier
    Aluminum motor mount and bearing adapter. I run the king headz and they work great. You will probably want alum hexes too if you dont already have them.

RC Qualifier
    Let us know how the tekno center shaft does. I just broke the front hub of my stocker and ordered the strc replacement hub.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by GL4787 View Post
    I was looking towards the 2200. I have MIP's comming for the rear, what else drivetrain wise am i looking at. I was thinking the revo slipper rebuild, and i ordered the tekno big bone center shaft also, what else am looking at drivetrain wise for upgrades?
    the 2650 is a better fit (literally and figuratively) than the 2200 unless you plan to run 4s or above all the time.....for 2s and 3s setups the 2650 is much easier to gear for and really all you need unless your wanting top speeds above 55 mph or so.
    I run mine on 2s most of the time with stock gearing and am happy with the speed...on 3s the last 1/3 of throttle becomes almost uncontrollable due to my mashers turning into dinner plates.
    Last edited by candy76man; 05-15-2012 at 08:34 PM.
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by GL4787 View Post
    I ordered one for my build to. Seen they finally came back in stock.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I got a nice deal on a 2650 motor and decided to try that with a Mamba Max Pro and was surprised how well it does. Ran it on both 3S and 4S and it stays way more cool than I expected.
    I think the MMP/2400 is a more cost efficient choice. If costs isnt the most important factor, the MMM/2650 is the best combo IMO.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Qualifier
    Been running the 2200kv motor 24/54 on 4s for 7 months now. No complaints. Did run the 2650 at one time.

RC Champion
    Would recommend MMM/2650 for 2s and 3s , and the MMM/2200 for 4s and up.

2200 on 2s was glitchy and you need alot of gear to get back to stk speed, also the extra battery weight for 4s or 6s puts the truck off balance, the weight was nice for pavement speed runs.
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by akesj1 View Post
    Would recommend MMM/2650 for 2s and 3s , and the MMM/2200 for 4s and up.

2200 on 2s was glitchy and you need alot of gear to get back to stk speed, also the extra battery weight for 4s or 6s puts the truck off balance, the weight was nice for pavement speed runs.
    I am hoping for some extreme air when jumping on 4s-6s.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Racer
    Well, I've got a MMM 2650 combo coming. MIP's are in front and rear, Tekno big bone is in, King Headz mount ordered, GPM aluminum hexes in, Set of Pro-Line Snipers will be here tomorrow, what's the next weak link in my truck?

P.S.- Got a Hitec 645mg servo in it, not sure if i'm impressed.
    Slash 4X4