RC Qualifier

Help with more steering to the left

Just like the title says my boat has more right hand steer than left it goes perfect to the right but I don't have very much to the left
    Yes Castle Creations is in KANSAS

RC Qualifier
    its caused by the rotation of the prop
    MINE ARE FASTER THAN GPS!!!

RC poster
    Can this be balanced out?

RC Competitor
    i just bought a new spartan and from the looks of things, the excessive right steering is caused by the offset of the rudder to the right of the hull centerline. this offset to the right changes the rotational axis to the right side of the boat instead of the center. it would be opposite with excessive left steering if the rudder was swapped and on the left side of the hull centerline, again the same thing because your rotational axis is offset to one side. if there were two rudders or the rudder was in the centerline, it should be the same turning radius for left and right. i've been looking at purchasing a second rudder, flipping it opposite of the original rudder, installing a dual arm on the servo and seeing how that would work.

RC Qualifier
    The offset rudder will have some influence but it is torque roll and prop walk caused by the rotation of the prop that are the main cause of the boat wanting to turn right, or, impedes its ability to turn left, if you prefer.

There is not too much you can do about it, apart from adjusting the steering linkage to give it a bit of left turn when everything is set to neutral.

The boat will turn fairly well either direction at speed, but it can be sluggish to the left at low speed.

Also check the rudder for debris if steering gets overly non-responsive, even a fairly small amount of weed hooked on the rudder can make a big difference.

Hog