RC poster

what are the steps to do after you sink your boat

i searched and didnt find anything. what do you have to do after you sink your boat? just let it dry out and oil everything or what???

RC Qualifier
    If you completely swamped it:
    1. open receiver box to see if receiver got wet, if it did put it in a bag of rice 24-48 hrs to dry it out.
    2. ESC is water resistant not water proof so put it in the bag of rice as well
    3. Oil the motor bearings. If you suspect the motor filled with water remove the end cap, drain it and soak it down with WD40 before reassembly.
    4. Servo is generally pretty water tight but not a bad idea to pop the top off and check for water and dry it out if necessary.

Hog

RC Qualifier
    I have had my servo get wet before. I have found that the water gets in where the wires enter. I now seal the wires up with silicone sealant. I also seal the wires up with sealant at the receiver box.

RC Enthusiast
    Every time I sink my boat, I always have to buy a new servo and receiver. I have never had one survive yet. I have bought a new receiver box as well to try and help but no luck.

However if you are luck enough, then follow the steps above and re-grease the flex shaft.
    Big Block T-Maxx
    RC10GT
    Savage XL
    Spartan

RC Racer
    Hog , you write " 3. Oil the motor bearings. If you suspect the motor filled with water remove the end cap, drain it and soak it down with WD40 before reassembly. " , do you mean you spray wd40 on the rotor and .... inside the motor ?
    Don t Go Fast if you are out of Control !!!!

RC Qualifier
    Yes, wd40 will help displace the water and a bit left inside won't hurt anything.
    Hog

RC Racer
    thank s for your help ! I did it to my motor and the liquid wd40 that go out on the stator was an ulgy brown color !! I ll do that more often in the future !!
    Don t Go Fast if you are out of Control !!!!