RC poster

MMP&2400 motor-what gearing?

For those of you running the Mamba Max Pro and 2400 motor, what gears do you recommend?
    I have 3S and 2s batteries. We [my son and I] plan to use the 3s batteries, but that may change after seeing how much power the 3s and Castle combo has.

We haven't raced the slash 4x4... at least not yet. We may get into that later.
    We have two new ERBEs and a Summit, which gives us a lot of flexibility. I like to use the slash on the road, parking lots and a little bit of grass in the front yard.

With that in mind, any ideas what gears I should try?

RC Qualifier
    start with 15\54 on 3s. check temps to make sure you are good. Gear up or down as needed. I run 3 and 4s with that combo and 16\54 seems to be good for me. Any higher and i get hot too quik.
    Good luck, have fun. Get a 4s and really see what that motor can do!!

RC Qualifier
    I gear 19/54 on my un-taped pro-line masher 2000 tires (balloon a lot), 3s lipos, running on all kind of terrains (from grasses that's taller than the truck to parking lot, pavement, or anywhere) without any issues.
    it gets a little hot on thick and high grasses, I put the motor fan in, but unlike the controlled fan on the esc, this fan is on all the time, which is annoying so I took it off.

RC Champion
    I run stock size tire's with 3s and 4s geared 18/52 and have no heat issue's at all.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Competitor
    I am running 19/50 on 2S and my temps sit around 150 here in northern Alberta.

sent from my Galaxy SII using Tapatalk 2.0

On my Ultimate I run 19/54 with a heatsink with a fan on the motor. It never get above warm even on 80+ degree days. I don't have my slipper really tight either. It wheelies too much and gets a little warmer on 3s.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    im running 20/54 on 4s with a fan on the motor and stock tires , it runs about 160 in the notrtheast . this truck is a blast to drive

RC Qualifier
    I finally ran mine the other day and the ambient temp was around 87F and sunny. At the end of the run my temps were around 130F - 140F on the motor w/ a castle 2650 fan and the ESC was around the ambient temp, maybe 90F - 95F (didn't take the temp gun). Geared 20/54 on 3s 5200 25c w/ 1/8 buggy wheels/tires.