RC Qualifier

chassis dyeing help!!! :D

ok so tomarrow im ordering all these blue rpm parts and stuff for my slash 4x4 and im going to be useing rit dye for the chassis but i keep seeing everyone useing black would it be possible to do a blue on the chassis instead of black? or is black just the easyiest i under stand the lighter the color the better it will show but just curious as to what a blue one would look like lol

RC Champion
    I've only seen a deep purple. I don't think you could get the color to match the blue on the arm's. I did black and it look's awesome. Most say to use just half the bag of dye but I used it all and the black is awesome, really dark. I've heard of people trying to lightly sand the chassis then spraying it white. Then dying the chassis. Not sure how well it would work, but....
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier
    yeah i dont know about the sanding and painting part haha not much of a choice but black then i guess haha but i guess that will add a pop to the blue and aluminum parts sofar im going to order all blue rpm parts then the chrome and blue motor mount's and shock towers going with tekno axels so there black neways haha

RC Champion
    you know you can get RPM tower's and arm's in green, black, blue, red, orange, purple, white and yellow? Just goto ebay and search rpm part's. I have a little build I'm doing right now and have some special color's with it. Will post it up later this week.

RC Qualifier
    uh oh awsome thanks!!!

RC Qualifier
    if i could find all green rpm parts numbers i would be in heaven LOL i can find the a arms but not the shock towers or shock cups and spacers or bumpers n skid plates

RC Qualifier
    Search the stampede 4x4 forum. Someone not too long ago dyed their chassis blue.

RC Champion
    there is a guy on ebay screen name "projectskatetime" he get's white RPM part's and dye's them. Sell's them for 1 buck more that stock color's. Just hit him with a message and see if he will do it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT View Post
    there is a guy on ebay screen name "projectskatetime" he get's white RPM part's and dye's them. Sell's them for 1 buck more that stock color's. Just hit him with a message and see if he will do it for you.
    "projectstaketime" aka Python Hobbies.

Quote Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT View Post
    you know you can get RPM tower's and arm's in green, black, blue, red, orange, purple, white and yellow? Just goto ebay and search rpm part's. I have a little build I'm doing right now and have some special color's with it. Will post it up later this week.
    Towers: molded in black or white. Other colors are dyed by the seller, not the manufacturer.
    Arms: molded in green, black, blue, or white. Other colors are dyed by the seller, not the manufacturer.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    being since the chassis is a gray all ready whin u try to dye it a darker it only gets darker so yes it will dye blue but it will be darker then the rpm a arms like a dark navy blue dont look very good thats y u see alot of blk chassis on here chack out the spede 4x4 fourm some 1 in there did it i just did mine in blk and rims use the liquid rite dye and heat your wtr to a boil
    slayer slash revo 3.3

RC Champion
    We did blue and its a darker blue than RPM parts, left it in for 30min.

[IMG][/IMG]
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

RC Champion
    Red

[IMG][/IMG]
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

RC Champion
    Black
    [IMG][/IMG]
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

RC Qualifier
    the blue doesnt look to bad good job

The RPM blue can be dyed to match the Traxxas gray-dyed-blue.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Can you dye it green? I think I'll use fluorescent green so it doesn't turn out too dark...

RC Enthusiast
    doesnt rit dye make a white wash? you could match the blue rpm stuff i'd think if you bleach the gray out a little.