RC Champion

Ever do something you thought twice about and regret doing it!

Well my buddy just fixed my slash for me and we were wanting to test her new tires out. I didn't loctite my mip wheel nuts on yet. But I went to a field behind my house and started to run when my front sank down and then a wheel went flying past me. Thats when I realized I should actually go with my better judgement...

MIP wheel wheel nuts 9$
    US shipping 8$

All for just 1 wheel nut...

Any other stories?
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Champion
    I put my mips together for the first time when i bought them. Had no idea about loctite, and plus the set screws werent on the flat parts of the pins. All the pins went flying, and one chewed up my aluminum hub carrier, still use it(ill get a pic of it). I had to spend 30 bucks worth of new pins and buy some loctite. TIP, loctite anything metal on metal!!!!!!!!!
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Enthusiast
    So you need to loctite the wheel nuts? Glad I found this out, getting my slash soon and wouldnt have known.

RC Competitor
    Yep I had the exact same occurence as TraxxasFTW
    Dknuckles and TrenJen, you shouldn't have to loctite the wheel nuts! Not sure about the MIP ones (as I still use my stock PE wheel nuts) but the majority have a plastic insert that is designed to retain the wheel nuts without glue. Loctite would kill this plastic part no doubt! I'm not sure of the technical name for it, but have a look and you'll see.
    I've never tightened my wheel nuts past a snug fit and never had a problem!

RC Champion
    What I didn't loctite was the hex adapter nut. The piece that goes on the outside of the rim and gets screwed on. The reg locknuts that came with the axles won't screw down the shaft inside the rear hex adapter piece...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Qualifier
    I learned the hard way too.

Now i use red loctite on MIP, and BLUE loctite on EVERY screw on the truck (yes, that's right, even metal to plastic), and do a quick check one them frequently.

RC Champion
    When I was testing the MMM/2650 combo , I was mailny running 3s ans 4s, thought we'll lets go for broke and put 2 3s batts in series 6s , was on the street in front of house, long straight. The truck was flying fast, had the kids and neighbours watching. by the time I realized that the front tires were ballooning to "Pizza cutters" I also realized me new tires were destroyed.

My 5yr old looks at them, all 4 completly torn apart and in front of all " Dad are those your new tires" , yup they were LOL
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4