Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bashproof Merv

RC Champion
    Sweet a sidewinder. I want to put this in my truck!
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sbeardy14 View Post
    Finally came!!
    Now we just need you to take your phone.. press record.. install and squeeze the trigger.. upload.. so I can see.. lol.. Looks awesome man!
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

RC Competitor
    You got it!

Easy part is done! Do I need to cut the wires on the motor or ESC to shorten them? Or can I cut both?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sbeardy14 View Post
    You got it!

Easy part is done! Do I need to cut the wires on the motor or ESC to shorten them? Or can I cut both?
    We had that question yesterday in another thread (coulndt find the link atm): Yes, per Castle support, you can cut both, the Motor and ESC wires. Just make sure you cut all three phases evenly.

RC Champion
    I cut mine relatively evenly, but staggered to keep it clean: (no issues with this setup at all, but you wouldn't want to cut them where there are INCHES in differences)

RC Competitor
    That looks great! Did you put your switch in the empty servo spot? What is that sleeve that you put over those wires to completely cover them? Very clean and nice!!

RC Competitor
    What is the bar that you have over your shocks?

RC Competitor
    New shocks!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nice! Will take a few tricks to make them easier to install but great shocks!

RC Competitor
    50, what did you put in the bottom cups? It says to put the stock ones in there but they are way to small.

RC poster
    WOW! A new set of Exos?! Those are the holy grail of merv shocks. I have a set of SAK-48 but they didn't come with the awesome little mounts those should have. Where'd you score those?

Also about the HR steering assembly - I ran one of those but ended up stripping many servo gears - the servo saver function on those don't work well due to too much stickage between surfaces of the arms and housing even when loosened & greased up. I kept the red HR post installed fullforce bearings then what i did was to break down HR assembly and apply the two tiny washers on a stock steering assembly then capped it with the aluminum HR cap with the logo. I tried other combinations like using the aluminum arms but that would have just chewed up the plastic.

Really liking your build. Cheers!