RC Qualifier

How to charge a lipo on a lipo charger????

Whats the difference between a fast charge and a balance charge? i first put my lipo on fast charge and it only charged 4000 out of 6000mah on my lipo, so i then put it on the balance charge for 2000mah, is that what im supposed to do? i plugged the both of the cables in that were on the lipo when i charged it to, is that what im supposed to do? im new to lipo so please help lol

RC Champion
    fast charge charges, I think to 90% Capacity. Does not balance I never use that setting. It's in my manual somewhere. Not as accurate too.
    Balance charge equally charges all the lipo cells to 100%, This method should be used all the time if your new to lipo.
    Remember no more than 1A for every 1000mah to charge. so 6000 would be 6A.
    Last edited by trax de max; 05-20-2012 at 04:18 PM.
    Guide books aren't part of the packaging.

RC Qualifier
    You want to use the balancer always on lipos and from the start. Read the manual if in doubt. Also use fire proof bag. No kidding here. Things go wrong when you are not ready.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC Qualifier
    Okay, yea i charge it on normal charge i dont always balance it, is that bad? plus my charger only goes up to 5 amps?
    Rustler Vxl,Slash 2WD,Slash 4X4,SPC Lipos

RC Champion
    about 90% of people balance every time, the people that don't maybe balance weekly, or every other charge. I'm one of the 90% keeps the lipos happy.
    If you don't balance charge you run the risk of the cells being so far out, it causes problems.
    Guide books aren't part of the packaging.

RC Qualifier
    I guess my question is, why WOULDN'T you charge using the balancer? You run the risk of seriously damaging your battery and you dont get a full charge...makes no sense to me.

Also, a good rule of thumb is to stay at 4A for charging most Lipos. I have an 8000mAh Lipo for my Slash 4x4 - but I still charge it at 4A - keeps the battery well charged, and Im not cooking the battery at 6A. No reason the charge at the higher amps to just save time. Overall you are just killing your battery - so the time you save will be wasted on the money you have to spend buying a new battery down the road.

Just my .02 cents (and I expect change)...
    Mayor VXL
    ERevo|XO-1|Summit 1/8th