RC Racer

The "Unofficial" Traxxas Mini Conversion Guide!

Hey guys! I've been working on a spreadsheet that lists all of the parts needed to convert any Traxxas 1/16 vehicle into another. I'm sure it could be useful to others, so I cleaned it up and posted it on a Wordpress page. I apologize in advance for the terrible formatting on the page, it's a work in progress.

Here's a link, which contains basic instructions and a general disclaimer:
    http://nixzero.wordpress.com/traxxas...version-guide/

For the sake of convenience, here are direct shortcuts to the files:
    For older versions of Excel:
    http://nixzero.files.wordpress.com/2...mini_guide.xls
    For newer versions of Excel:
    http://nixzero.files.wordpress.com/2...ini_guide.xlsx

Once you open the file, simply use the tabs at the bottom of the screen to choose your current vehicle, then find the column for the vehicle you're converting to. Parts in black text you should already have, orange is optional, and red is required. I also used it to compile some basic info on shocks, telemetry parts, and 380/550 motor mounting.

I put a lot of work into making sure it was accurate, but entirely it's possible I overlooked something. If you find any mistakes, or if you have any questions, please let me know!

(Mods, please let me know if this belongs somewhere else or if the links are in violation of the rules!)
    Rusty, Pede, Bandit, E-MAXX 3906, MERV

RC Qualifier
    Great work -> you should try to do some PDF files too
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    WoW I wish I saw a month ago and saved me money in buying a roller.

RC Qualifier
    Anyone else having problems opening this?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    lol, i tried it earlier and i cant open the links either, i just did'nt say anything cause i thought its my comp.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Qualifier
    The last 2 links doesn't work so pull up the first one then there are two other links to open up the excel spread sheet.

RC Racer
    Sorry some of you guys are having trouble with the direct links, they worked on the 2 comps I have here, it might be a security setting or something, I'm not sure. Hopefully you can still access them though the Wordpress page?

I caught some very minor errors, I thought the Grave Digger had the Long Travel rockers from the Summit, and I also had a few instances where things were listed as required that could be considered optional. A lot of this is because I used Conditional Formatting to mark all the Required/Optional parts. This led to a few parts that were only re-colored being marked as required (KB Rally pushrods and toe-links, and the Grave Digger/Summit springs). I'll probably update the files soon with these minor changes, and I'll try to upload a PDF version then, but I'll give it a couple days just in case someone finds something major.

I should mention that I only marked something as optional if it didn't affect the way the vehicle functioned. I was very much a schtickler about looks, however. For example, I listed the driveshafts for the Summit as optional when converting from a Revo, but I labelled the bumpers as required, even though you could likely use the Revo bumper on a Summit. The same goes for wheels, bodies, and tires, I generally assumed that even though these parts are interchangeable, they are required to "fully" convert one stock vehicle into another.

Remember, I'm relying on this myself, and I want it to be as perfect as possible, so keep the feedback comin'!

RC Racer
    Have tried Firefox and IE to access these files and neither can. I get 404 file not found. Anyway to upload these again ?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by gdayskippy View Post
    Have tried Firefox and IE to access these files and neither can. I get 404 file not found. Anyway to upload these again ?
    Same problem here

RC Racer
    OK, they should be fixed now. I also simplified the list and uploaded it to the Wordpress site as a PDF and as an image.

I'll post the image here for convenience, but it will be hard to read.
    Last edited by nixzero; 06-15-2012 at 09:02 PM.

RC poster
    Awesome! Thanks for this!