About ready to quit...

Well, don't get me wrong, but I DO love my slayer, I'm JUST FREAKING SICK AND TIRED OF THE THROTTLE STICKING AND HAVING THE IDLE GO NUTS!!! I WANT TO THROW IT OFF A CLIFF SOMTIMES!!
    I've rebuild both front and rear diffs, rebuild the transmission TWICE, taken the engine apart and replaced/cleaned everything 3 times, replaced the carb body and then rebuilt it, checked all of the fuel lines, adjusted the idle, hsn, and lsn screws A MILLION DIFFERNT TIMES, changed brands of fuel, rebuilt the EZ start, replaced the glow plug 4 times, and I've checked every drive shaft, bearing, and part of the supesion just to be sure. I've put sealant on all of the carb parts, ez start, fuel tank and lines, and engine backplate to seal up any air leaks. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT BUT IT"S DRIVNG ME NUTS!!!! When I start it up, the throttle won't stick untill I've done 3-4 wot passes, then it will stick at a quartar or half throttle and contine to "drive" untill I hit the brakes, and when I'm holding the brake on the idle will go up and down rapidly about 2000-6000 rpm every second or so. Then when I let go of the brake it will start to creep forward again. It only does it some times because after I do a REALLY long wot pass or turn it off and restart it while everything is still warm it won't do it untill I do another wot pass or turn it off agian. I KNOW FOR SURE it's not the idle speed screw, because it runs/stops/idles just fine when I first start it up. I've only ran half a gallon of fuel through it, so I know nothing is worn out or somthing like that. I'm also about 90% sure it's no the throttle/brake servo becuase it will shut/open the throttle with out any glictches or bugs. PLEASE HELP ME SOLVE THIS PROBLEM!!! I"VE SAID THIS PROBLEM IN OTHER THREADS AND NO ONE REALLY HELPED ME! (I did have SOME help, but not much) PLEASE HELP ME FIX IT!! I'M ABOUT READY TO CRY BECAUSE I SAVED UP FOR 8+ MONTHS FOR IT AND IT"S JUST GIVING ME PROBLEMS!!! I REALLY ENJOY NITROS, BUT THIS IS PATHETIC!!! WHY IS NOTHING FIXING IT!?!
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 05-18-2012 at 09:24 PM.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

[IMG][/IMG]
    I this photo it looks like the carb. is not at the right angle this is my slayer and you can see the right angle of the carb.

In this photo it looks like the LSN is to far in maybe it'sjust the angle of the photo.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Enthusiast
    It looks like the idle gap is too wide and the LSN is in too far. If i take my Slayer which is tuned properly where as it takes 3 seconds for the engine to die when i pinch the fuel line, and start to lean out the LSN, the RPM's will take off where as it seems that the throttle is opening. These engines need to run really rich at idle so they wont bog when you pin the throttle, thats why it takes 3 seconds for the engine to die when you shutoff the fuel. There is that much fuel loaded up in the crankcase. Its not the best running condition, but thats how 2 strokes have to run. If you lean out the LSN, the air fuel ratio becomes more "correct", the engine will run smoother and faster and cleaner, but it run away from you. It is possible that after your wot runs, you have cleaned out the crankcase enough to get it in this lean condition. try to determine if it actually a mechanical condition by measuring your idle gap before and while it appears to be stuck open, it there is no change, set your idle gap to .7mm and tour LSN to flush, tweak it untill it stays running good enough, then tune your HSN, and then tune the LSN until it take 3 seconds for the engine to die using the pinch test. Make sure to make a few WOT passes to clean out any loaded up fuel.

RC Racer
    I had a problem with my slayer pro that drove me crazy, it would pull hard out of the hole then slowly lose power down the straighway. Finally I figured out that the throtle servo worked perfect when I checked it , but something was lose inside and engine vibration caused the above problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    PLEASE HELP ME SOLVE THIS PROBLEM!!! I"VE SAID THIS PROBLEM IN OTHER THREADS AND NO ONE REALLY HELPED ME! (I did have SOME help, but not much) PLEASE HELP ME FIX IT!! I'M ABOUT READY TO CRY BECAUSE I SAVED UP FOR 8+ MONTHS FOR IT AND IT"S JUST GIVING ME PROBLEMS!!! I REALLY ENJOY NITROS, BUT THIS IS PATHETIC!!! WHY IS NOTHING FIXING IT!?!
    What you may need to do is step away from the truck for a little while. We all feel this way sometimes. Or hit a punching bag for about a half hour.
    New threads regarding the same problem are not going to make it go away and clutter the forum.....
    The other thread you have had some of the best people (ahem ) here post to help resolve the problem. I could answer, but it would be the same as before and fallonguy has reinforced it.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by tommyg42 View Post
    I had a problem with my slayer pro that drove me crazy, it would pull hard out of the hole then slowly lose power down the straighway. Finally I figured out that the throtle servo worked perfect when I checked it , but something was lose inside and engine vibration caused the above problem.

That's another thing that would cause the problem you're having. Some of us don't use the stock servos and we forget that does happen the engine vibration can caused the servo to cut out and when it's not running it doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    What you may need to do is step away from the truck for a little while. We all feel this way sometimes.
    No doubt to that. I was at the point within two seconds of just dumping this truck in the G can. I let it sit on the shelf for a week or so and finally resolved that the motor was worn out (one of a few problems) so I threw on a new mill and broke it in and this truck is a blast now.

Sometimes the best thing to do is deal with it another day when you have a calmer out look on things. I've done this many times work on it for hours finding a problem and getting to the point of saying the heck with it altogether, only to mess with it another day and find it within minutes. It just takes time to figure this stuff out. You just can't pick up a nitro and expect it to work flawlessly every time there's alot of little tweaks that need to be made in order for it to work. I had to find this out myself.

Ok, thanks for the help guys, it means alot to me. On what mrwaug said, do I need to just richen the lsn needle and adjust the idle speed screw? And yes, I willl take a few days "off" from my slayer... So that I can look at prices of getting a losi 3.4 carb and a ingety 3 shoe clutch! LOL PS Will the losi 3.4 carb work well in my slayer without having to reallly mod anthing? And what is a good upgrade for getting a better clutch? (I'm geeting these things thorugh rcplanet.com so buku doesn't exist there... )
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Will the losi 3.4 carb work well in my slayer without having to reallly mod anthing? )
    You will notice that with the Losi carb alignment is key, in order to prevent the throttle from binding or sticking. Took me a few tries to get it right.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    -JuRRd

A lot of people don't like integy. There has been more reports of broken parts and parts that don't line up right than good parts from them. I personally run the M2C Racing clutch and it works great. It's a 3 alum shoe setup also. If you go with the M2C, I would recommend getting the installation tool as well. It makes putting the springs in soo much easier.

RC Champion
    Dude, stay away from intecrap at all costs.
    Try richening your lsn as said above me.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

Here's a guide for the revo carburetor angle (which is the same as the slayer)it also for the 2.5 but the 3.3 is also the same way.
    traxxas carburetor angle

RC Champion
    I saw your thread title and it made me smile, remembering you just bought your first nitro propelled RC.
    Not that I attain satisfaction from seeing you having problems with your rig at all, I just remember my first nitro powered truck. I wanted to take a sledge hammer to it sometimes, eventually (2 and a half years down the road haha) I finally figured it all out. So just stick with it, it can get difficult but stay with the game man, it'll be worth it.
    And yes man, I worked hard for my first RC too, so I hear you.
    Matthew 7:7

RC Racer
    Go Electric~! GO Electric!

Quote Originally Posted by steveski4 View Post
    Go Electric~! GO Electric!
    For some,,,, That's not what they want out of their hobby.

Nitro tuning has a learning curve,,, once you are past that things are just as easy as electric... And nothing beats the sound of a Nitro IMHO....

It's ALL PERSONAL PREFERENCE and your answer is not exactly helping but causing a this Vs. That thread.

Offer valuable advice and ease off the opinion giving, telling someone who has a problem with their Nitro RC is not helping in this situation, so let's get back to helping this person and end the This Vs That unless you would like some points.

+1 fallonguy. If that carb angle is not right you will have issues.... I usually test my linkages removed from the servo horn to check for binding by hand....

Wolfslash,,,, I think you are getting close hang in there, patience and taking things in small steps is key...

Also knowing who to listen to and who not to helps....
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 05-22-2012 at 11:34 AM.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous