RC poster

New 3.3 won't start

I just bought a brand new TRX 3.3 engine for my Revo. I installed it and got ready for the break in, but the thing won't run. I can get it to fire, but once I let off the EZ start, it dies.

I have tried heating the block up with a hair dryer, but still nothing. If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

RC Racer
    are you lsn and hsn set a factory? which is high speed 4 turns from closed and lsn is flush with iner ring of your card, sounds to me like your lsn is running to rich for the reason the ezstar allso acts as a plug egniter and if your lsn is to rich engine well die as soon as you take fire from the plug

RC Racer
    also when you pinch your fuel line it should be somewhat around 3-4-5 sec b4 engine quits

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like you are on the right track with the heating the block up. I would pull the plug and give it a squirt of wd-40 or after run oil as a new engine is going to have a tight pinch. This will help with getting it started, and may have to give it a little gas as well.
    rusler vxl, rusler xl-5, jato 3.3, losi 5ive T

You may have to bump up the idle screw a little.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Champion
    set your idle gap, small zip tie end is about the right size...close enough to start. then set the HSN and LSN to factory settings and go from there. Its going to be tight and may need a little patience for a little bit. Open your idle a bit and let it warm up with some really slow passes before you start the break in process.

make sure all your rubber connections are zip tied tight - good luck

RC Racer
    i had to bump up the idel screw... I also practically flod the engine with fuel and manually turn the flywheel a few times to get it to loosen up slightly. heating the engine should help with that too.

RC Racer
    +1 with the oil. had the same problem with my engine after putting the rod through the block.