Thread: esc problem

RC Competitor

esc problem

hi yet another esc problem i have the newer castle model but iv only run on 2s lipo now bought some 3s lipo but it will only run at half throttle if i pull trigger in for full throttle it cuts out (the compassaters get very hot) but if i put the 2s back in no problems think i need to buy the seaking esc and throw the castle esc in the bin

RC Qualifier
    The seaking 180 is a good esc for the money. Also if you install the seaking you are now set for a bigger motor in the future if you choose.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    wow, i hope this is not something i would expect when i get my 3s lipo.
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxas mad 76 View Post
    hi yet another esc problem i have the newer castle model but iv only run on 2s lipo now bought some 3s lipo but it will only run at half throttle if i pull trigger in for full throttle it cuts out (the compassaters get very hot) but if i put the 2s back in no problems think i need to buy the seaking esc and throw the castle esc in the bin
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Champion
    Yes it is something you can expect when you run on 6s.... The capacitors will get hot and the tops of them will puff....The system (ESC) cannot withstand the excessive current draw of 6s when you run wide open for any length of time, unless you stay with the plastic prop...even then it will only be time before component failure. I know it says on the box you can run 6s.... it just doesn't say for how long.

Just saying that if you want it to last when using 6s, you cannot do wide open runs for more than a few minutes.

If you really want it to last, stay with 4s to 5s or........ as SJS said "the Seaking 180 is a good ESC for the money".
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis