RC Enthusiast

Cool Melbourne/Aust Owners?

Hey Guys,

I recently got a Spartan, taken it out a few times and having lots of fun with it. Are there any Melbourne owners here wanna go boating on the weekends?

Leor

RC poster
    What part of Melb are you in.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm in Sydney.

RC poster
    No prizes for guessing where I am. Have had mine now for a couple of months. Going to try it out tomorrow with 2 brand new 3S 6600mah 65/130 c lipos.......reckon she'll scream!

RC poster
    Hi guys,

Sorry to hijack this thread, however I am currently reading up on the Spartan and am considering buying one. I too am in Australia and was wondering where you guys bought yours? If you ordered them from the US, where did you buy and what shipping were you charged?

Cheers guys.

RC poster
    I brought mine from my LHS $550

RC poster
    Gday all

Bought mine from lhs too. $599 (everything is more expensive in darwin!). Considering another as my 8 year old now wants to play with it as she reckons her little brushed boat is too slow! Next time I'll get the one that comes with LIPOS included as Nickel Metals are a waste of time. My current one is stock but another might be just what I need to play around with some mods...

Highroller you wont be disappointed go for it.

RC poster
    Just be careful with what mods you do we burnt out a esc in my sons boat this weekend in about 10 mins because we were trying to make it faster lol

RC poster
    hi milemayhem. Mmmm. All ears for the story.......please share. What mods did you do and how did things unfold? Ive ordered a metal prop / bearings for the strut / new rudder and water outlet for a dual waterline set up / alloy water jacket as well as those flash adjustable trim tabs also with the intention of boosting speed (without blowing anything up i hope!). Also a splash guard just because I could........

RC poster
    ran a 2650kv motor on 6s for a little to long we got a little carried away but I must say went like **** for the short period of time till the esc went up in a puff of smoke so ebay here we come.