RC poster

traxxas scaler/crawler

traxxas has made outstanding and extremely tough rc cars for years,they have thought of almost everything possible for them,now when are they going to announce a crawler/scaler similar to an axial scx10? i think if they would bring out a scaler it would be amazing on the trails! c'mon traxxas help us out on this and tell us all that you will bring us a traxxas scaler. .

RC Enthusiast
    I agree with Summit Runner. Recently I came across a local club (Maritime Scale RC in Nova Scotia, Canada) that is focused on crawlers and scale rigs. It turns out that the scene is pretty huge here already (as it is in many, many places across the world).

Not surprisingly, the scx10 is one of the most popular vehicles.

I realize that Traxxas is not known for its scale vehicles, per se, but man, they should really get into this area! There is no way you can tell me that the market wouldn't welcome a Traxxas scaler!!!

RC Qualifier
    YES YES i am in the market for a scaler right now and would buy one right now and have 2 friends that would follow!!!
    I had 2 axials, wasnt impressed with the quality but tamiya is nice....but traxxas would be awesome!
    waiting for Traxxas to make something new!

RC Champion
    Chances are it wont ever happen. Crawlers are definitely out due to the class restrictions. They could make something different but the chance of it selling well is slim to none. They could get away with a scaler but even those need to follow a few guidelines if they want to compete at an event. I could see them making a 4wd buggy like the Axial EXO. If they made one it would probably be based off of the Slash 4x4. It would be cool to see something new though. As in less than 30% of the parts coming from existing models new.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

RC Enthusiast
    I realize that Traxxas is definitely all about using common parts throughout different models (which doesn't matter to me, since it ensures that spare parts are plentiful and cheap). But at the same time, it's not like they couldn't use ANY of their existing parts in a scaler, and they DO bring out (truly) new models from time to time. I can't imagine that their funny car was just thrown together 100% from an existing parts list...

When I registered my Slash and Summit, I filled out the Traxxas questionnaire, and one of the questions was "What new vehicles would you like to see Traxxas make?" (or words to that effect). So they are looking for new ideas - and scalers would be a great idea!!!

What do you think, Traxxas fans?

RC Enthusiast
    I love my Axial rigs...but a few months back it got real hard to get parts...with everyone out of stock. When the parts came
    up for sale again, I stocked up a bit...who wants a truck that you can't get parts for?

So with all the Traxxas support, a scale/trail truck should be a hit....would be nice to have spare parts for both your basher
    and scaler in one box !!!!!!

Gotta watch those fellas from Halifax !!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by GraciousOne View Post
    I realize that Traxxas is definitely all about using common parts throughout different models (which doesn't matter to me, since it ensures that spare parts are plentiful and cheap). But at the same time, it's not like they couldn't use ANY of their existing parts in a scaler, and they DO bring out (truly) new models from time to time. I can't imagine that their funny car was just thrown together 100% from an existing parts list...

When I registered my Slash and Summit, I filled out the Traxxas questionnaire, and one of the questions was "What new vehicles would you like to see Traxxas make?" (or words to that effect). So they are looking for new ideas - and scalers would be a great idea!!!

What do you think, Traxxas fans?
    When I registered my 1/16 Slash on-line I didn't see any question on "what would you like to see?", I guess they simplified the registeraton form.
    Isaiah 30:21
    1/16 Slash 4x4 Mike Jenkins Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Restlessrustler View Post
    YES YES i am in the market for a scaler right now and would buy one right now and have 2 friends that would follow!!!
    I had 2 axials, wasnt impressed with the quality but tamiya is nice....but traxxas would be awesome!
    Strange, Axial has had some production issues with their XR10, but their AX10 based rigs are rock solid. As expensive as Tamiya rigs are, I have only seen a couple that have actually been driven, most end up as shelf queens.

As far as Traxxas making a scaler, they might. I didn't think Traxxas would take on a niche market like scalers or go back to a solid axel, but their line of drag racers proved me wrong.

For now, about the only way you'll get a Traxxas scaler is to build your own...

Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC poster

Slash Based Scaler/Crawler

Hi,

Based on a Slash 1/16 with a Nissan Titan Hardbody.

I built some thing - and it even did an Event against 90 Axials

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-s...ml#post4248815

Hope this helps

Cheers
    Daniel

RC Champion
    Thats the essence of true scaling man, using whatever is around to get the job done.