RC poster

Trencher tires mounting question

I am as green as it gets in the RC world, so bear with me. My question is will trenchers mounted on 2.8" desperados fit right on a stampede vxl brushless 4x4. Like just popping off/on lugnuts(if they're called lugnuts on a RC car)? Thanks in advance for any help.

Those will be a direct fit. Just take care you have the wheels with the right offset.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Racer
    are the trenchers directional or nondirectional ? & dub 12877 u need ether frt elec or rear nitro ether or just get the same all the way around
    slayer slash revo 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by hemiboy81 View Post
    are the trenchers directional or nondirectional ? & dub 12877 u need ether frt elec or rear nitro ether or just get the same all the way around
    They are directional, but I dont think there will be any difference you will notice.

RC Racer
    how do u tell there is no arrows and no instructions on what way thay mount on the rims ?
    slayer slash revo 3.3

RC Racer
    there is some yellow dots on 1 side of them but i think that is just a marke for the manufactureUOTE=hemiboy81;5170252]how do u tell there is no arrows and no instructions on what way thay mount on the rims ?[/QUOTE]
    slayer slash revo 3.3

RC Racer
    what way is right just went to pro lines web site dose not say if thay are directional or not and if thay are what way? on the stock tires there is arrows thay way thay go on. the trencher tires there is none look at the tread pattern and cant really tell ?
    slayer slash revo 3.3

RC Qualifier
    Doesn't matter for the tread pattern on the trenchers.

Hmm. I thought the yellow dot always had to be on the inside of the car and took a closer look to the thread a while ago and remember I noticed the tread wasnt 100% the same in both drections. But when I look at them now again, I have no idea what I noticed back then. There is no indication mark or whatsoever on the tire, so.... never mind..... lets conclude they have no direction.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    it doesnīt matter they donīt have any specific way to mount them, there is no direction on the thread.

Ok, I looked again. There is a tiny difference. I'm sure it will be nothing you will ever notice.

RC Qualifier
    Just noticed that myself because of you guys lol. 3 out of 4 of my trenchers are mounted the same way

RC Racer
    the yellow dot is the compond of the tire . and if u flip the tire over it s the same pattern .so imo its a nondiretionl tire
    slayer slash revo 3.3

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    the yellow dot is the compond of the tire . and if u flip the tire over it s the same pattern .so imo its a nondiretionl tire
    +2, agree 100%

I know about the color and compound, but someone told me that the dot always has to be on the inside. Maybe I should mail Proline why the tread isnt 100% the same in both directions. Maybe I lose 0.00001% grip when I mount them wrong. That would be a disaster.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I just got two set of trenchers on desperado, and they came preglued from factory, two had the dot to the inside, and two to the outside, so I guess it doesnīt really matters what direction they are mounted.

RC Qualifier
    There is a very minor difference in the tread if it is mounted one way or the other. It's such a minor difference it most likely has no effect on traction.
    If it was something more noticeable like a masher or street fighter, i'm sure you would notice a difference lol

Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    I just got two set of trenchers on desperado, and they came preglued from factory, two had the dot to the inside, and two to the outside, so I guess it doesnīt really matters what direction they are mounted.
    I noticed the same when I compared the place of the dot to the tiny tread difference.
    I actually mailed Proline, so I will let you guys know what their reply is
    Quote Originally Posted by Strykeviper View Post
    There is a very minor difference in the tread if it is mounted one way or the other. It's such a minor difference it most likely has no effect on traction.
    If it was something more noticeable like a masher or street fighter, i'm sure you would notice a difference lol
    To be clear: I am convinced that there is no difference that anyone will notice while driving, I'm just curious what the cause of the difference is. Must be something like a slip of the pen of the one who designed it.

I mailed Proline out of curiosity and got a fast reply.

The compound dot: the place of that doesnt have to do anything with the tire direction.
    The tread: it is visibly different, but is not considered as directional.

RC Racer
    thanks for following throught petertje 60 . yeah ive flip them every which way and notice very little difference.
    slayer slash revo 3.3

thanks for following throught petertje 60 . yeah ive flip them every which way and notice very little difference.
    The only thing that I check is that I put the two softer ones on front. Those became softer because I had them on the wrong wheels and boiled them off.