RC Qualifier

EZ Peak Plus and a "clone"?

I was browsing items from my lhs website and I noticed under chargers there was another that looks identical to the EZ peak just a different color and lower wattage.

EZ Peak

"Clone"

I guess they are made in the same plant.

Just my random thing to point out today...
    ERBE, Sl4sh MT, P4de, 1/16 Grave Digger 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Looks like it, for the few bucks more I would just pick up the traxxas one though?
    rusler vxl, rusler xl-5, jato 3.3, losi 5ive T

RC Qualifier
    I already have the traxxas one . Just thought it was weird to see the other one.
    ERBE, Sl4sh MT, P4de, 1/16 Grave Digger 4x4

RC Champion
    $5 extra for Traxxas support and service sounds like a good deal to me.
    Revo.27TX/Jato.18/Maxx523/Maxx3.3/GMAXX/Rusty/ERBE

There are an awful lot of different boards and or components that can fit inside that housing.
    If you want to see family members, not clones, there are many on the imaxrc and skyrc websites.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    That's interesting. The Traxxas charger seems to be a hybrid of two on the SkyRC site. One will do 6A like the Traxxas, but only50W, while the other will go up to 10A but has an 80W limit like the Traxxas. I sure wish the Traxxas charger would do 10A, the 6A rating is what stops me from getting it. I want to be able to charge my Traxxas 7600mAh packs at 1C.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

RC Racer
    I actually have the IMEX clone of the Traxxas EZ-Peak Plus. Its a GREAT charger. Does everything I need it to do. Fully selectable AMPS .1A to 6A via (+) button and (-) button. The major difference is that the IMEX is only a 60W max output - so DUAL charging Lipos that are over 30W is not possible. The Traxxas is 80W max - which gives you a wider scope of batteries you can charge.
    Mayor VXL
    ERevo|XO-1|Summit 1/8th

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR VXL View Post
    I actually have the IMEX clone of the Traxxas EZ-Peak Plus. Its a GREAT charger. Does everything I need it to do. Fully selectable AMPS .1A to 6A via (+) button and (-) button. The major difference is that the IMEX is only a 60W max output - so DUAL charging Lipos that are over 30W is not possible. The Traxxas is 80W max - which gives you a wider scope of batteries you can charge.
    Your expectations must be much different than mine to call a 6A/60W charger "great."

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Your expectations must be much different than mine to call a 6A/60W charger "great."
    If Im running 2S an the wattage supports all my Lipos (4000s, 5000s, and an 8000) - why wouldnt it be great? If you need to run higher wattage due to 3s - then your needs may be more than mine - but all the same, my charger is great.
    Mayor VXL
    ERevo|XO-1|Summit 1/8th

Well, it's not always all about numbers. But since you brought it up...your charger can't manage a 1C charge for the 8000 and is working at 100% for the 6000s. This is not exactly an optimal condition for any machine, electronic or otherwise. Me, I'd call a charger that can charge any pair of RC batteries on the planet at more than 1C "great." Can you regenerative discharge your LiPo packs to the tune of 1000W?

Now what else can the charger do? Can it report the state of the cells at any point in the charge? Can it indicate if there is a problem with your pack? Can you connect it to a PC to easy change memory slots, update firmware, graph every charge and save those graphs for review indefinitely? Can you change the DC/DC converter frequency to adjust for different pack sizes and charge rates? (Heck, until a short time ago I didn't even know what that was or if it was possible to change it!) Is the accuracy of the voltage reading certified? Is it accurate to 6 millivolts or less? Do you know what every setting is set and can you change each?

Forget the amp/volts/watts. A 6A/50W charger can be very useful. But until you try something a bit more powerful and capable, perhaps the superlatives are unearned. Again, my definition of "great" is different.

RC Racer
    Chief - I like my charger - what is it to you? Just because Im not a marathon runner, doesnt mean I cant run, or just because you dont drive a Porshe doesnt mean you dont like cars...

My charger is great - Thanks!
    Mayor VXL
    ERevo|XO-1|Summit 1/8th

Nothing, and believe it or not, other people can read these posts and it might make them THINK about what they want out of a charger. Whatever charger they choose, they deserve to be happy with it and they should know some of the pros and cons.

I'm glad you like your charger. I like mine too. But my post above was not about either of us.
    -Chief