RC Qualifier

Need to go brushless!

Is the mamba system the best combo for the revo or is there something better or more affordable? Let me know guys with your pros and cons...haven't let me down yet!
    RustlerVXL&Nitro
    Jato 3.3
    Spartan
    Slash 4x4

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Ive been running the XErun 2200kv system. IMO its a very good system for the money. The ESC is 150amp rated and the motor, while not quite as capable as the Neu/Castle motors, seems to be great. It would need to be geared just slightly lower than a castle setup to keep temps in check but honestly, on 4S, this thing is way faster than ill ever need it to be so I don't think any more is necessary.

Im also running a ********* 150amp ESC but don't have enough time on it to truly give proper feedback or opinion. the first run went great. But a mistake on my part with some wire routing ended the run before I could get more than one set of packs through it. So for now ill just reserve my judgment. For $200 the XErun stuff seems very very good.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    But how does that compare to the mamba? since it is only like 50 more via power up
    RustlerVXL&Nitro
    Jato 3.3
    Spartan
    Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Because with the titans right now it seems very sluggish.
    RustlerVXL&Nitro
    Jato 3.3
    Spartan
    Slash 4x4

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I don't have my MMM 2200kv motor yet, so I can't honestly tell you how it compares. Right now Hobbypartz has a %10 off coupon for anything on the whole site. So you'd be looking at $180. I would say just by the seat of my pants, the XErun system has slightly less power and can handle slightly less gearing... but is a quality system and will be an absolutely unbelievable upgrade VS your brushed system. I went from the 775 setup to the XErun setup and it was insane. Just watch the videos on my build thread. The first ones are of the brushed system, the last one is the brushless setup. Pretty massive difference.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Honestly, if its only $50 I would go with the Castle Mamba Monster. I bought a used E-Revo with MMM and I am quite happy with it. And I havent even ran a full pack thru it yet, only what the Lipos were shipped with. And another thing, GET LIPOS.

RC Qualifier
    I've got one lipo right now. After I get my paycheck and take care of some bills imma snatch another one
    RustlerVXL&Nitro
    Jato 3.3
    Spartan
    Slash 4x4

RC Racer
    I did the power up myself and wish I would of just bought a brushless e-revo to begin with. What a HUGE difference! Deff get lipos. I heard using NIMH batteries with the MMM is not a good idea or recommended.

RC Qualifier
    I wold also suggest you look into mamba systems on ebay, the sellers are always parting out new RC's, you might not need to get rid of your old electronics. I'm running an EZ-run 80A system, it only runs up to 4s lipo but I'm happy with it, the gearing is a little conservative but it still does about 40MPH (I have a radar gun I will get at it) and it's not getting too hot. I never would have paid for the system but it came in a used RC I bought, now I think it's worth the money if you aren't looking for revo-destroying horsepower, the full system is $135
    I like turtles.

You will be having so much fun going brushless...just keep it away from water or water proof the ESC.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    Hobbywing sc8 2700kv combo. $150
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

RC Qualifier
    +1 on the SC8 combo and if you get the right combo it's already waterproof .

My ********* 150 amp ESC quit working after two runs on 4s. Bad design, IMO, and the reviews seem to agree. The matching ********* 2560kv 6 pole motor is Fantastic!!! Been running the SC8 and ********* motor for over a year and no problems. Smoothest ESC I have ever owned.