Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    The Race Prep next to the MVP for comparison. (I might be linking the same pictures again but I want this to be a comparison to the MVP).

And a Bonus. Brand New hanging on my wall.

Let me put it this way. The last stock motor Trinity made was the mystery stock. It had a quad rotor arm just like the Outlaw. During the testing racers stated it had the same power of the CO27 but ran cooler and smoother and can handle taller gearing while being slightly more efficient and having stronger brakes. Sadly trinity discontinued the motor fast b/c of brushless technology. Funny how Race Prep ideas made it to Trinity's motors 10 to 13 years later? Was Race Prep truly ahead of their times. I think so. Such a amazing little motor. I feel it deserves it place in a SRT...another amazing product that was short lived.
    Last edited by Emaxx2.0; 07-16-2012 at 03:01 AM.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Champion
    man what a trip seeing them!

you absolutely should put the race prep in there!

also a trip seeing a g&c label. wont ever shop there myself (im part of the oval crew that boycott them) but ive seen plenty of them labels over the years.

oh and i just bought a new dyno and hudy pro lathe fyi
    FieroMan121|SPC LiPo powered|Vintage TRX collector

Wait a min. So you're part of Uncle Mike and Dans Nixon crew? Funny about the arm. I bought it off eBay a couple months ago. It came.from Fort Meyers and was shipped from I guess one of the Nixon's daughter and I didn't realize it was purchase front g&c. The track died since everyone left.
    Last edited by Emaxx2.0; 07-16-2012 at 08:33 AM.

RC Champion
    TEAM 34!

the nixon boys converted me to oval.

yeah, hang out with all the old g&c guys that still race. imho they killed themselves. most of their revenue was the oval racers and when they decided to stop running nitro what did they think would happen? but i digress, this is NOT the place for this type of crap.

that arm is probably from Willy's old stash. that guy had some serious rc stuff. i got to see it all when dan and mike bought him out. it was mind boggling.
    Last edited by SRTracer121; 07-16-2012 at 10:15 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Very nice pictures! And, history! I have to get one of those motors to test it on a truck...
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    Very nice pictures! And, history! I have to get one of those motors to test it on a truck...
    Goodluck with that. These motors are probably harder to find the a Wildcat NIB. Not many were made b/c they were Outlaws and only the Oval guys ran them.

RC Champion
    ive got a few 36 motors laying around most just junk trinity motors that have had the snot run out of them.

keep us posted boss.

Really? I know I want to find someone to rewrap my MVP arm. I want to keep it a 27t but I want to quality of a hand wound mod and have the winding welded to the comm not just connected withthe tap folded over.. Going to get a krytonite can and use a Ti standup endbell. Outlaws are amazing fun and powerful but with that much timing laydown brushes will only increase resistance and amp draw and this equal heat very fast.

RC Champion
    i think tom @ spc still has the gear to do it. i never ever touched the windings on my motors

....I especially never cut windings out of stock cans to cheat either, that would be down right wrong

Quote Originally Posted by SRTracer121 View Post
    i think tom @ spc still has the gear to do it. i never ever touched the windings on my motors

....I especially never cut windings out of stock cans to cheat either, that would be down right wrong
    No Never...who would ever do such a thing

Well I finished my SRT. This is going to be my race truck. The Ball Diff is super smooth and look how the stainless steel screws look on this truck.

MVP looking beautiful

Best Servo you can get...JRZ9100S and ball bearing in the bellcrank.

Modded the front a bit for increase steering...The JRZ9100S will have zero issues handling and holding this steering. Not sure if this will help increase the steering but meh worth a shot. I had to cut the arm so the wheel and tire didn't rub the arm.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Very very nice!

RC Champion
    agreed.

need aluminum output yolks asap.

RC Racer
    Awesome job, I like how everything turned out.

RC Racer
    agreed.

need aluminum output yolks asap.
    Maybe some Lunsford turnbuckles as well, simply because they are much easier to adjust compared to the stock turnbuckles.

RC Champion
    no, he needs the technacraft turnbuckles with the hole in the middle.

oh and dubro rod ends...

and ceramic diff balls...

and the a&l slipper or losi hydradrive (either will do)...

dont ya love spending someone elses money

RC Racer
    no, he needs the technacraft turnbuckles with the hole in the middle.

oh and dubro rod ends...

and ceramic diff balls...

and the a&l slipper or losi hydradrive (either will do)...

dont ya love spending someone elses money
    Funny… I guess if we are going all out the Fibre-Lyte carbon fiber chassis should also be included.

RC Champion
    or atleast the traxxas graphite lower chassis and g10 upper chassis

What I need is a Tekin RS and 7.5t first

RC Champion
    no, you need an rs pro with a trinity d3 mod

I meant rs pro....waiting for the rsx to come out. No takes on the d3....Im not going to support team Trinity after they constantly bashed brushless and then release their own. Plus Tekin has been the only system that has given flawless preformance and no issues...better then castle and novak.

Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2.0 View Post
    Plus Tekin has been the only system that has given flawless preformance and no issues...better then castle and novak.

I'm guessing you never owned an RX8 before 2011.

RC Champion

Quote Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
    I'm guessing you never owned an RX8 before 2011.
    Compare to the countless issues castle as had with the MMM and bec on the MMP I say Tekin did pretty good.

Compare to the countless issues castle as had with the MMM and bec on the MMP I say Tekin did pretty good.
    Maybe, but Castle definitely fixed their MMM long before Tekin straightened out the RX8. That's the whole reason I ever bought a MMM in the first place. Such an inferior esc compared to the Tekin, but our local Tekin-sponsored fast guy was thermaling every lap while us slow pokes drove around his dead buggy. I actually saw his car shut down at least 12 times during a 6-minute race. Tekin would keep fixing or giving him new esc's, but none of them were any better than the previous. Now that they got all the bugs worked out, Tekin is the only way to go for 1/8 electric.

Bad news. I might have to let all this SRT stuff go. Everything all 3 chassis new transmission EVERYTHING I have bought. Ill throw in the race prep too and servo too. Looking for $350. Need the cash by Friday.
    Last edited by Emaxx2.0; 07-18-2012 at 02:13 AM.

RC Racer
    Bad news. I might have to let all this SRT stuff go. Everything all 3 chassis new transmission EVERYTHING I have bought. Ill throw in the race prep too and servo too. Looking for $350. Need the cash by Friday.
    Sad to here this, PM sent.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I'm so sorry to hear that... Please, get me a Xerox copy of the manual and instruction sheets before you let it go, please!

RC Champion
    what the heck?! what happened (opened ended statement)?! whatever happened im real sorry to hear that you gotta let this go, seemed like this was right in the spirit of the srt.

Farther talk with my GF and slept on the decision lastnight she doesn't want me selling it so I will not be selling the SRT just yet(unless everything gets worst). I'll find other things to sell first. I wouldn't have any issues selling a fully deck out Rustler or E-Maxx or any other RC but thinking about the SRT brought some tears. This truck is truly amazing in it's own right. Now I have to build her a SRT after we get the situation under control.
    Last edited by Emaxx2.0; 07-19-2012 at 06:37 AM.

Well I put electronics in it. The soldering job done on the Tekin was very bad. Well I cleaned it up. Trying to figure out how to program it. It shutters very bad when turning I guess the servo draws so much power. But the ESC is rated for 6volts 5amps. The MVP with the Reedy Firehawk arm sound at home in this truck. I love how quiet the truck is with the delrin top and aluminum idler. I had a VXL body lying around so i put it on her. I say it looks better on the SRT then the Rustler. lo.l

Race the SRT in my driveway. Incredible truck. The Steering mod did exactly what I want...increase the steering. Turns just as sharp as a T4(maybe even sharper) and tracks straight. Now I notice this truck is extremely quiet for a Traxxas truck. I still having glitching problems when turn. That JR servo might be too much for the ESC. The MVP is a rocket even with 19/87 gearing and the motor guard and plate draws alot of heat away from the motor. This is everything I wanted in a RC.

SRT...you have a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
    Maybe, but Castle definitely fixed their MMM long before Tekin straightened out the RX8. That's the whole reason I ever bought a MMM in the first place. Such an inferior esc compared to the Tekin, but our local Tekin-sponsored fast guy was thermaling every lap while us slow pokes drove around his dead buggy. I actually saw his car shut down at least 12 times during a 6-minute race. Tekin would keep fixing or giving him new esc's, but none of them were any better than the previous. Now that they got all the bugs worked out, Tekin is the only way to go for 1/8 electric.
    How did I miss this. I know the Tekin had issues with the RX8 but the MMM was out years before it and was still giving alot more user major issues and even catching fire. You can't really blame Castle or Tekin b/c 1/8 6s ESC brushless ESC really didn't exist at a affordable price(I'm not counting Novak bc that is rated at 4s and were very expensive). Both seem to have the bugs taken care off. But my RS Pro was the only ESC that never gave me issues and ran cooler, longer and faster while running any motor you can throw at it. Ran a T4 with a 7700 and 87/20 gearing and motor after a whole battery pack was 165 in this Florida heat. Tekin has always been know for having the best electronics but sadly people will not give them the chance bc of price. Yet everytime I go to the race I see countless Castle, Novaks and LRP thermal with less powerful setups then my Tekin and Idk if they do know what they're doing but I'm the only one that runs Tekin. I will gladly pay $250 for a combo but only have to buy it once

Race the SRT in my driveway. Incredible truck. The Steering mod did exactly what I want...increase the steering. Turns just as sharp as a T4(maybe even sharper) and tracks straight. Now I notice this truck is extremely quiet for a Traxxas truck. I still having glitching problems when turn. That JR servo might be too much for the ESC. The MVP is a rocket even with 19/87 gearing and the motor guard and plate draws alot of heat away from the motor. This is everything I wanted in a RC.

SRT...you have a PM.
    I would like to add. I'm having a issue with heat. The MVP gets extremely hot(I smoked 1 arm already) in about 2 to 5mins. There is no binding I am using a 2s lipo and 87/18. Could it be the ESc isn't set up correctly?

Well got more pictures. I think it looks really good with the VXL body .

Yes the electronics are on the wrong side lol. I did this b/c the servo wire was too short to reach and it did shorten the wiring needed to the ESC to the motor.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yes, very nice! I'm glad you were able to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    Yes, very nice! I'm glad you were able to keep it.

Thanks man. I love this truck and the steering is so insane. I drift it in my 1 car garage at night at near full speed lol. Still having heat issues with the MVP but I bet when I go with Brushless it shouldn't be a issues. Now if I switch to the VXL spur setup will I still beable to use the gear cover?

Is that a Novak on/off switch with an LRP ESC?

"Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    Is that a Novak on/off switch with an LRP ESC?

Yes lol. Thats what my friend sent me. It works but I wonder if the switch can cause browning out on my servo. When I turn it kills power to my motor.

RC Racer
    Looks good with the Rustler VXL body. By any chance are you able to remove the rustler stickers or are they permanent? Also sent you a PM.