Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    because then i dont have a local bashing buddy who also has vintage rc stuff.
    FieroMan121|SPC LiPo powered|Vintage TRX collector

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hahaha, good one!
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

Daniel. I'm hesitant b/c buying b/c it's lexan. The lexan gear cover that use to come with a rc10t3 did a terrible job at keeping dirt out of the gears. And plus you clean house everywhere on the vintage traxxas stuff lol.

SRT. I'll bash with you no problem man. Just let me know when and where.
    Powered by Tekin. Go Tekin or go home.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2.0 View Post

SRT. I'll bash with you no problem man. Just let me know when and where.

i need to find the time off first. i started working at publix (a supermarket chain down here) a few weeks ago in seafood and they have me working so many hours i dont but barely have time to sleep and do laundry (and maybe have a few red solo cup drinks from time to time).

Well my Transmission came in Saturday.

I'm pretty happy. Haven't built it yet but I'm not to sure I want to now.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Great! Was expensive, right? Around $90? And, can you reply to my question about it on my thread?

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...hat-s-included

And, can you scan or take a good picture of the instruction sheets?

Thanks!

Daniel.

Yup it was $90 and I guess you saw this on ebay before me. But I figured these are very hard to find and it cost $90 back in the day so I bought it. I haven't open it yet and Daniel I have no problem sending you a scan. This fits the Blue eagle, Rad2, Hawk2 and the SRT. It has the blue motor plate, all white plastic and clear gear cover. This look like it's the entire transmission, ball biff, U-joints, and turnbuckles.
    Last edited by Emaxx2.0; 05-28-2012 at 06:07 PM.

Well hunted a brand new gear cover #1987 for 4bucks...LOL its in the mail. SRT should be here tomorrow.

RC Champion
    goods to hear man. was just about to post up that i have off saturday ad wanted to know if you wanted to meet up at the track.

Saturday? What time man?

My truck is here. Boy it is in bad shape. It really needs a cleaning. One upperdeck is broken rust everywhere. How do I even clean these chassis and whiten it up?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 06-02-2012 at 04:04 PM. Reason: post merge

RC Racer
    After years of racing my SRT was in awful condition as well. I was able to restore it and it came out very nice, pictures can be found here http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=22541

I would recommend the Lunsford turnbuckle set for the nitro rustler, if the steel turnbuckles are too rusted. This set is a perfect fit for the SRT. I used it on mine. Look forward to seeing the restoration.

Thanks. My gear cover came in today and it's so sad how the quality of Traxxas vehciles have dropped over the year. This SRT is simply amazing and I feel still surpasses the Losi's and Associated's.

BTW the tires are new and unglued

Polished the classis on one
    Before

After

The gear cover fits nicely and completely seals the motor mount. I can't think of a Rc that seals like that. My T4.1 doesn't and the Rustler's doesn't even with the RPM gear cover.

I ordered a #2527 battery hold down plate and #2744 Flange nut. I'm in the process of getting a new #2389 and #2390 from Europe. They looking for the part

Now on the shocks. Are they the same as the new Big Bores and what springs will fit on them?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 06-06-2012 at 03:34 PM. Reason: post merge

RC Racer
    The polished chassis looks good! As far as the shocks go, the new big bores are the same size as the older big bores the only difference is in the color. The older big bores have more of an aluminum light grey color. The newer big bores have more of a dark grey, almost black color to them. The newer big bores also come with the gold titanium colored shock shafts. Any springs for the nitro rustler, rustler or bandit should fit the new and old big bores.

Instead of being rude to Daniel and making his thread off topic can a Mod move 3Trx and mine post over to this one?

Also I have a friend that works on fiberglass that knows how to polish out scratches. Now I do want the new big bore shocks. I'm going to be building the #1920 transmission tonight

RC Racer
    From now on we will talk all things SRT in this thread. I need to restore my SRT chassis as well. I think I will wet sand the bottom and then clear coat it. Finally I will polish it like you did. What type of polish did you use? I also need to figure out how to whiten my chassis and remove all the dirt from the edges. If Harry makes it to this thread he might have some tips on fiberglass and graphite chassis restoration. I think he has done this before.

I just bought the new big bores they actually look good in the darker almost black color. You can see them in my TCP makeover thread. There is also a guy on rc10talk.com who does awesome powder-coat work for a great price. I am sending him my SRT rear motor mount soon. To see his work check out the TCP motor plate he restored in my TCP thread.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2.0 View Post
    Instead of being rude to Daniel and making his thread off topic can a Mod move 3Trx and mine post over to this one?
    What did I missed?

RC Champion
    who does powder coat work on 10talk? was thinking of getting the chassis on my gt powder coated.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    What did I missed?
    Hey Daniel, if you refer to you inquiry about new TCP rims thread, you will see that myself and Emaxx2.0 got involved in a very off the topic conversation about the SRT. We just wanted to move the conversation to this thread where the conversation could be more on topic.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SRTracer121 View Post
    who does powder coat work on 10talk? was thinking of getting the chassis on my gt powder coated.
    LTO_Dave is his username, Check out my "TCP makeover' thread to check out his work.

LOL 3trx all I did for polish was use Mothers metal polish and a buffing cone on a drill. Then finish it off with Mother's car wax.

And is to possible for someone to make a rear motor guard and can everything be anodize?
    Last edited by Emaxx2.0; 06-12-2012 at 12:06 AM.

RC Racer
    [QUOTE And is to possible for someone to make a rear motor guard and can everything be anodize?[/QUOTE]

It is possible just don’t know who would have the tools and recourses to be able to do so. A far as anodizing I think almost everything that is metal or aluminum can be anodized.

Ok. Hopefully it shouldn't cost a SRT to anodized lol. Why does it feel like I'm missing something on this truck?

Edit. Oh yea. So the Nitro Rustler Lunsford Titanium turnbuckle will fit on this truck? The ball ends do you use? Also is there titanium hinge and king pins?
    Last edited by Emaxx2.0; 06-12-2012 at 12:27 AM.