Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2.0 View Post
    Yes lol. Thats what my friend sent me. It works but I wonder if the switch can cause browning out on my servo. When I turn it kills power to my motor.
    You can try a glitch buster. It's pretty common to need one with that servo. I also had one that was still acting up even with the cap. Had to send it back to Horizon. They said it was working normal, but drawing way more amps than it should for some reason. Had a new one at my door within a few days.

Oh and I also had an issue with one in my RC8Be. Had a screw head that was interfering. It was basically straining the servo as if the EPA wasn't set right and was killing the power to the esc. Is yours having issues as soon as you start to turn, or when it's at full turn?

BTW. What happened to the stock battery hold down?
    Last edited by harry697; 08-15-2012 at 09:54 PM.

RC Champion
    im almost positive i have a black one and id suggest you get one, keep the grey cooties away
    FieroMan121|SPC LiPo powered|Vintage TRX collector

Quote Originally Posted by 3trxvintage View Post
    Looks good with the Rustler VXL body. By any chance are you able to remove the rustler stickers or are they permanent? Also sent you a PM.
    I actually put the Rustler VXL stickers on to fool people at the track :P.

Quote Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
    You can try a glitch buster. It's pretty common to need one with that servo. I also had one that was still acting up even with the cap. Had to send it back to Horizon. They said it was working normal, but drawing way more amps than it should for some reason. Had a new one at my door within a few days.

Oh and I also had an issue with one in my RC8Be. Had a screw head that was interfering. It was basically straining the servo as if the EPA wasn't set right and was killing the power to the esc. Is yours having issues as soon as you start to turn, or when it's at full turn?

BTW. What happened to the stock battery hold down?
    I never had issues with my Tekin RS Pro or XL-5 ESC. I did have issues with the VXL ESC. So I might need a cap. I have the stock battery holder, it's in the SRT box . I rather lose the grep rustler battery strap.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-19-2012 at 08:11 AM. Reason: post merge
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Champion
    i forgot how easy it is to lose them. everything i race is velcro or for my srt, a lost lxt hinge strap

its tough being me sometimes

im all for screwing with other racers. especially them onroad guys here in florida. if you told them gullible was written on the ceiling (at an outdoor track) they'd look up. we screwed with this one guy who runs down in miami and covered all our 1/10th nitros when he showed up. that got him so p.o.'d lol

rambling aside, has it seen track time yet?

also, im thinking of going to ss screws, ive almost never touched any stainless screws with the odd exception here and there, what do you think? the calcium the guys are putting down on the oval is rusting the bejesus out of all my gear and even though i know its not going to lose me any races it just drives me up a wall (pun intended) seeing all that nasty rust on my cars.
    Last edited by SRTracer121; 08-19-2012 at 01:13 AM.
    FieroMan121|SPC LiPo powered|Vintage TRX collector

No track time yet and probably not for awhile. But I love SS screws. I put them on all my RC. Never had any issues.

Hey guys. Sorry it's been awhile since I posted. Been having issues with my GF(now Ex) and financial but hopefully in a few months I will start dedicating time to all my SRT. I'll like to apologize to all of you on the vintage forums if I have come across as rude, immature, selfish or even annoying with my threads or posts. Thank-you Daniel, Harry, 3Trxvintage and SRTracer. All your knowledge is so valuable without it I don't know if I even get as far as I did with my SRT or even hunting down parts for it. Can't wait to get the one I have rolling with a new Tekin system and get to other 2 built. Hopefully add the new Traxxas Rally to the collection too .