Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RC Racer
    Everything is looking very awesome so far. I like how the nitro sport rear graphite tower mounted up. I just received mine in the mail the other day and will begin my SRT project soon.

Thanks guys. Glad to see I get the vintage forum approval. I really love how that Maxtec matches the blue eagle transmission. On the SRT I have the ball diff that came with the truck...was in excellent shape just needed a clean up. I bought a brand new delrin top gear and aluminum idler. To keep the rotation mass down I will be using the peg style slipper. It handle the power of a 7700 in my old rustler it should be fine on the track. Hopefully I get this new job so I will be getting a Tekin RS Pro and a 7.5t and big bore stock(I love the charcoal black and gold shafts) Rd titanium suspension mounts, aluminum C-blocks and rear hubs, and titanium hingepins and turnbuckles. I know how you guys feel about aluminum but on our very small and tight offraod track it will add alot of strength. You guys can post pictures of your SRT it you like.
    Powered by Tekin. Go Tekin or go home.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Very very nice! I really like that motor sitting on the blue motor mount! I'll send you pics or a video of the clear gear cover tonight, tried to that on the wekend, but was too short... PS: payment and info sent for the orange motor, thank you so so much!

200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Racer
    I think the "charcoal black and gold shaft" big bores do look nice as well. At first I was not sure about them but after seeing pictures of them on Steven Slaydens rustler project I bought them.

I got speedpede09 /SRT in today....what a nice truck. Even came with the Proline rears nib and new fronts but they're open. The manual is frozen in time...excellent condition. What's funny it in the manual they are working on a all white SRT...Daniel...how did your truck get in there lol.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hahaha... My truck still has 3 black parts, I'm afraid... And, I'm going to request something about that SRT manual...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2.0 View Post
    I got speedpede09 /SRT in today....what a nice truck. Even came with the Proline rears nib and new fronts but they're open. The manual is frozen in time...excellent condition. What's funny it in the manual they are working on a all white SRT...Daniel...how did your truck get in there lol.
    Sounds good, look forward to seeing some pictures.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
    Lookin' good! I was just about to check with you and see if the tower showed up safely.

One thing I noticed that is gonna cause you a self-induced face palm with the SRT is trying to get the camber links attached to the bulkhead, especially the right side. I've done it too many times myself and most likely will do it again. Every once in awhile, I actually remember to install the camber links and/or ball studs before assembling the bulk and trans.

same here. been there, done that. still do it too. if i have to play with geometry i mount it all up without the gearbox.
    FieroMan121|SPC LiPo powered|Vintage TRX collector

Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    Hahaha... My truck still has 3 black parts, I'm afraid... And, I'm going to request something about that SRT manual...
    No problem. Just let me know what you want a picture of

I'll post some pictures later.

RC Champion
    Thanks guys. Glad to see I get the vintage forum approval. I really love how that Maxtec matches the blue eagle transmission. On the SRT I have the ball diff that came with the truck...was in excellent shape just needed a clean up. I bought a brand new delrin top gear and aluminum idler. To keep the rotation mass down I will be using the peg style slipper. It handle the power of a 7700 in my old rustler it should be fine on the track. Hopefully I get this new job so I will be getting a Tekin RS Pro and a 7.5t and big bore stock(I love the charcoal black and gold shafts) Rd titanium suspension mounts, aluminum C-blocks and rear hubs, and titanium hingepins and turnbuckles. I know how you guys feel about aluminum but on our very small and tight offraod track it will add alot of strength. You guys can post pictures of your SRT it you like.
    what track? bashers? imo dont run a 7.5t. i wouldnt run anything higher than a 10.5. and any boost you put in will be able to give you the rpm's you "need". anything more than a boosted 10.5 on florida clay tracks is just wasted wheel spin.

the stock plastic nitro rusty knuckles have never given me problems. maybe rear bearing carriers and hex's and maybe an aluminum front bulkhead to keep good weight bias.
    Last edited by SRTracer121; 06-18-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Srt. I ran a boosted 7.5 at badgers in a t4.1....very insane but no wheel spin. I was getting almost 2 hours on a single battery. I focus boost at very low rpms for spool up. Some mod trucks are running 6.5t out there.

RC Champion
    hmmm. well you offroad guys are funny so i cant argue

Quote Originally Posted by SRTracer121 View Post

the stock plastic nitro rusty knuckles have never given me problems. maybe rear bearing carriers and hex's and maybe an aluminum front bulkhead to keep good weight bias.
    The stock front caster blocks were the only thing that consistently gave me trouble. Switched to a set of RD Racing 30 degree aluminum blocks and the truck was bullet proof. Only aluminum part I ran that wasn't a stock piece.

The only reason I want those in aluminum b/c my rc10T4.1 actory Team had all the aluminum goodness and I want some blue aluminium goodness on my SRT? Anyways it's picture time with E-Maxx2.0 starting a Traxxas SRT lol.

The BOX!!!!

Inside the box

Comparing the old Nitro Sport body the the SRT body.

Last edited by cooleocool; 06-20-2012 at 06:39 AM. Reason: post merge

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Very nice!!! Can you post a pic of the rear tire pattern? Those are Proline too, right?

Yes the TRX are proline

Last edited by Emaxx2.0; 06-19-2012 at 11:38 AM.

RC Racer
    Very cool thanks for the pictures. I love box art pics! I will have to post some box art pictures of my LS-II when I get a chance. I think I will use the vintage nitro sport body on my SRT as well. It is actually very similar to the SRT body.

Very similar. Only problem is Traxxas cuts out the rear for the engine...so you'll have to find a different way to mount it. But rear wing is the same as the SRT. I just ran the SRT in my yard with a 27t stock. The electronics need to be upgraded now!!! The motor felt weak but it still has torque to pop a wheelie from a dead stop. The slipper was locked too. The motor got hot but you can feel it the motor plate and gaurd pulling alot of heat from the motor. The truck did have very sharp turning but a super slow servo. Anyways I cannot imagine this truck with a Tekin RS Pro and the right setup...going to be even more sick then a T4.1.

RC Racer
    I could look at the SRT box art for hours and never get sick of it lol. I think it is one of the best looking truck bodies ever produced. My favorite picture is the side shot of the SRT It looks like the SRT on the box has a black motor plate is that correct? I might have mine powder-coated black in the next few weeks. So now that you have a few SRT's what are your plans for them? One racer and a shelf queen?

I agree. The SRT box is wonderfully to look at. Imagine how many people threw the box in the trash . Right now I have 3 SRT. The one I have now is my little yard basher. Nothing crazy just going back and forth in the drive way and running it in the garage at night LOL. The one I showed just as the chassis is going to be my racer. Going to replace the fiberglass to.carbon fiber when I get the money. And the 3rd is a shelf queen. Only problem is I need a white battery box . I am hunting down a tcp to shelf. I'm not a buggy guys but the older style buggies are soo much nicer looking then the ones today. Today they just to short and wide.

RC Champion
    Please do not offer to buy non-Traxxas items; doing so is against the forum rules.

i llove the way that truck looks, you did good on that buy man
    Last edited by cooleocool; 06-20-2012 at 06:44 AM.

RC Racer
    I agree. The SRT box is wonderfully to look at. Imagine how many people threw the box in the trash . Right now I have 3 SRT. The one I have now is my little yard basher. Nothing crazy just going back and forth in the drive way and running it in the garage at night LOL. The one I showed just as the chassis is going to be my racer. Going to replace the fiberglass to.carbon fiber when I get the money. And the 3rd is a shelf queen. Only problem is I need a white battery box . I am hunting down a tcp to shelf. I'm not a buggy guys but the older style buggies are soo much nicer looking then the ones today. Today they just to short and wide.
    I agree vintage buggies are very nice. I need to finish off my TCP project. Right now I have too many projects going on and not enough time . In a way I kinda feel bad I ruined the out of the box look of my TCP but when it is finished it should look very good. I got the inspiration to do an all black TCP from the following link.
    http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...raxxas_TCP.jpg

Anyways there is a almost complete TRX-3 on Ebay right now!!! It looks a little dirty but you can always whiten the parts and it should look like new.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-trax...item27c825c318

I hope you win it. I am not going to bid because i just burned a huge hole in my wallet with my LS-II purchase
    Last edited by 3trxvintage; 06-19-2012 at 08:54 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I don't like the orange tint on that TRX-3, if you want a shelf queen you will have to replace all the white parts...

RC Champion
    i might be bidding on that trx3 so yall back the frig off before i kill one of yall and bury you in the glades.

did i say that out loud?

anywayyyyyy

your all black buggy is sweet. who cares if it isnt factory correct. i only have 1 factory correct car in my collection.
    Last edited by SRTracer121; 06-19-2012 at 10:30 PM.

I posted this above in a post I edited, but I feel as though it needs repeating:

Please do not offer to buy [or sell] non-Traxxas items; doing so is against the forum rules.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Champion
    *pouts*

sorry bout that i guess i got ahead of myself.

Sorry cooleocool. Anyone have a white battery box? I need it for my shelf queen. BTW Daniel my mail is empty. So resend that pm