RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Team Bluegroove bodies, what happened to them?

Hey Guys,

I was going to buy a few bodies from them and they are no longer available on eBay, also their website is down... Does anyone know what happened to them?

If someone bought a body from them, could you please send me a PM with their email address and/or phone?

Thanks!

Daniel.
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Champion
    Yeah strange?

Well, as far as their eBay page says, "This seller is currently away, and is not processing orders at this time. You can add this item to your watch list to purchase later."

Website reads "This domain name expired on 09/19/2011 and is pending renewal or deletion"

So hopefully they might be out of town, vacation, etc. and just not taking any orders? Their feedback posts on the bay are current of all the month of Sept. and one that was just posted today. As far as the website, could be a $$$ thing?

I have bought bodies/parts from them in the past, but have no real contact info on them.

I messaged them via ebay, Will post if I here something, and do the same if you do. I was planning on ordering a body also.

Dave
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Got a reply...

Dear danielhr77,

Hello yes we will have all our bodies available when we reopen our ebay store. We are closed to work on some new releases. We should be in production in about a week and a half.

Thanks TBG
    I need many bodies from them, and I'm looking forward to see if they release more Traxxas bodies...

RC Champion
    Very cool, thanks for the info. Curious of what new releases they will have? Some other Trx stuff would be nice.

RC Champion
    shweet! thanks for keeping us informed, not a huge fan of the bodies but they are all we got in some cases.

id like to pick up a vw bus body and build a car under it
    FieroMan121|SPC LiPo powered|Vintage TRX collector

RC Racer
    I emailed them a few months ago about tcp and srt bodies. They said these bodies were on thier list to make, but they still need to source the originals for thier molds.

RC Racer
    i was told by them that they are considering making reproduction decals also if they do that they will like hotcakes

It's so cool that a company is out there making these for a relatively small market. I am looking forward to what they come out with in the future. If I didn't already have a NIP Sledge Hammer body, I would have already ordered a re-make from them.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I guess the main problem for them is to get a decent body to start from... Maybe a used one in good conditions will work too... Would love to see The Cat or Hawk bodies...

It's a shame that they've gotten a bad rep with some people. Maybe they don't fit quite as nicely or have as much definition in the body lines as an OEM body, but think about it; What else are you gonna do? Search the internet for months or possibly years hoping one shows up and you can afford to win the auction?

Considering that they are offering an acceptable, or in some cases, very nice reproduction at a respectable price, I think they are doing a great job. The only body I've bought from them so far is for the TRX-1 and have no complaints about the quality or fit (especially considering how hard an original is to find, not to mention how expensive). I plan to buy a few of their Nitro Hawk bodies soon and any other vintage Traxxas shell they decide to make.

One legitimate bad thing that I've heard about TBG is that they used another company's reproduction body to make their own reproduction. It's wrong in a few ways actually. But my biggest concern would be whether or not they knew that the body they used was a repro and not an original. Let's face it, it's hard enough to find some of these old discontinued bodies in mint condition, let alone know it's origin.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I agree... I'm also restoring a vintage Kyosho USA-1 Nitro Crusher and I was going to buy a body from them, but I was able to get an original one NIB for less money... Decals will also be a plus if they decide to make them... There's a very good company in the UK that creates reproduction decals, it's on eBay (search it and it's the last entry) and I got the USA-1 decals from them... But, they don't have any decals from Traxxas... Maybe we should tell them to start making them..

Hawk body! Way to go!!!

The link to an on-line retailer has been removed. Please review Rule 11 of the Traxxas On-Line Community Rules, which prohibits the posting of links to on-line retailers.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 11-12-2011 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Rule 11 & merge

RC Champion
    Very cool! I may just order one and see how it add's up next to my original one. Oh yeah BTW bought another Hawk

I dont know if its just the pics or me but looks like its got a weird body line or crease up on the front fender.

I know this is a repop and imperfections are expected. And the line will mostly be gone after trimming the wheel well. $40 shipped isnt crazy, but man I recently sold a NOS 1911 for $50

Either way very cool to see TBG is looking out for us vintage nuts.
    Last edited by dave00bear; 11-12-2011 at 10:32 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I JUST finished paying for a TBG Sledgehammer body... Ill post up how it looks when i get it. It cost me $45 shipped... which isn't great but like you guys have said, its a tiny market they sell to so higher prices are to be expected. I have the chrome parts to bolt onto it and I'm curious to see how it all comes together when its done.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC poster
    any word on these guys lately?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    They come and go... But they are still out there...

RC Qualifier
    no new hits on body places ?
    press the any key... where is the any key....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So far, TBG is the only place...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I just found a guy selling completely re-produced Sledehammer decals on e-bay. Not scanned copies, but fully professionally re-produced versions. Which is awesome. I did also notice TBG is back up with more bodies... so obviously they aren't gone.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I got the "Kyosho USA-1 Monster Truck Nitro Crusher Decal Sticker" from them like 6 months ago... They are in the UK and the decals are awesome, buy from them without any doubts!

Does he sell SRT bodies and decal? About to finally pick one up.