Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    How fast were u going when u crashed? Is the motor and esc ok?
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Qualifier
    Only 78 mph and the motor and ESC look fine but I have to test them out after I get new batteries/verify they are still safe to use. This is the first time a wreck will cost more than $50.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Qualifier
    Maybe some of you guys doing these high speed runs should look into getting the tekno battery trays. I have one on my Xo1 and it looks like it could hold up to some abuse.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Qualifier
    I have spent enough money on this car already so I won't fix it for at least six months. If anyone wants to buy it PM me offers. I am going to sell it dirt cheap all the way down to the battery charger.
    Last edited by bringit; 04-07-2013 at 09:31 PM.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Qualifier
    The crash from camera 1 of 3

http://youtu.be/3RicYGEsRnc
    Last edited by bringit; 04-08-2013 at 01:09 AM.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Qualifier
    The crash and aftermath of the wreck from camera 2. The worst part about today is I just found that AWESOME road!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well, I am done with high speed RC cars. I knew I should have sold it when I saw Stench's wreck. I will get a Rally 1/10 later on and just bash around. I posted the car and all all parts for sale in the for sale section.

http://youtu.be/FHMv1_BYDUE

http://youtu.be/SrNw5dEUh4s

It was kind of fun having the XO-1, but I wish I had of left it stock. Chasing cars in traffic at 50 mph was the best thing to do with the XO-1.
    Last edited by bringit; 04-08-2013 at 03:41 AM.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Qualifier
    That sucks dude. Just put it down for a few days. Then fix it. Sometimes you just have to take a break.
    The Annihilator....fastest XO-1 on planet Earth.

RC Qualifier
    It is getting sold locally in two hours for $500
    XO-1 #4...

RC Qualifier
    Well, I am finally XO-1-less. Traded a guy locally for a regular LCG Slash 4x4. We will see how much more I run that compared to the XO-1.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    wow, sorry for your lost man. on the other hand best of luck with your new to you LCG slash 4x4, your gonna love it
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Qualifier
    As they say when riding motorcycles, it's not if you are going to wreck, it's when.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Champion
    I think the wind had a major part in that wreck. Looks and sounds super windy.
    Jeremy

RC Champion
    I feel ya Bringit, I'm thinking about selling mine before I blow it up again.

RC Qualifier
    Yes, the wind is what did it. I got into the throttle, tires broke loose and the wind took it.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Qualifier
    Yikes... I'm sorry to see that video. What did you have going on with the rear wing? I'll drop you an email sometime tomorrow... I've been really busy at the shop since we spoke last.
    E Revo brushless, XO-1, Nitro 4 tec 3.3, HPI RS4

RC Qualifier
    I used the rear ghetto cardboard wing in order to keep the car straight plus it protected the engine and the ESC whenever the car wrecked. Ghetto but highly functional. I could adjust the flat part of the wing also. Cool I will wait to hear from you.

The guy that bought it tested the batteries out today and they still work so he is pretty stoked that he made the offer he did. He is going to have me record videos of the car once it is back together so that epic road I found will be put to good use.

The Slash I traded for is in the for sale section so too bad none of you XO-1 guys made any offers on the parts you could have got a smokin' deal.
    Last edited by bringit; 04-10-2013 at 12:11 AM.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Champion
    The bad thing about that wing is it will act like a sail with that strong of wind. Only wing I would use us the stock one or a drag car type wing. Sucks it happened but hopefully it will be back out soon.
    Jeremy

RC Racer
    Dude that sucks with the crash and that it got you to sell it. But your lucky the wind didn't take it and sweep it 6 feet into the air. This happened to me once and was lucky it came back down when it did. Otherwise I would of been replacing neighbors siding on his house. Good luck with your new endeavours.

RC Qualifier
    I might get an XO-1 down the road, but I think I would be better off bashing around with a Slash. Hopefully one way or another I can get a Slash 4x4 Ultimate within a few months. I can't afford to waste another spring and summer waiting on parts etc and I sure can't afford to pay for wrecks like the last one.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Competitor
    WoW, that looked bad, BTW what kind of radio is that?

RC Qualifier
    man when sell that slash get a ofna dirt oval , you get make onroad car , lcg SCT, 1/8 rallycar , and even 1/8 buggy . all by changing tires and bodies and its 10 times stronger then anything traxxas makes and u cant beat and brand new roller for $180
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Qualifier
    The truth is I want something that is faster, more parts available, and cheaper to repair than the XO-1. What cars can run 140mph for $1000?
    XO-1 #4...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bringit View Post
    The truth is I want something that is faster, more parts available, and cheaper to repair than the XO-1. What cars can run 140mph for $1000?
    None.

Get a slash ultimate and put a MMM system in it.
    Jeremy

RC Qualifier
    I don't think there is going to be anything cheaper to repair then the XO-1 considering all the parts that are on ebay. Maybe pick yourself up a DM-1 or Gtp2e. Those two would probably be less likely to break then a Xo-1 because they are true 1/8th scale. I just picked up a DM-1 myself. Or you could pick up a high quality 1/8th scaled buggy and mod it to be a on road car.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    None.

Get a slash ultimate and put a MMM system in it.
    An Ultimate or a Platinum? I already have a Radio rx/tx and I can get cheaper batteries.

I took the Slash out today and man oh man in a large parking lot it is way slower than the XO-1! It needs to be upgraded stat!
    Last edited by bringit; 04-14-2013 at 02:53 PM.
    XO-1 #4...

An Ultimate or a Platinum? I already have a Radio rx/tx and I can get cheaper batteries.

I took the Slash out today and man oh man in a large parking lot it is way slower than the XO-1! It needs to be upgraded stat!
    once you've reached your XO-1 at a very high speed run, its very easy to compare how other rc car runs wether its slow or fast lol. OGlalerat manage to run his LCG MMM/2200 slash 4x4 at 100mph with DP8 body, XO-1 wheels/tires, 6s and geared it Mod1 29t/34t i think.

i'm not trying to break a spped record but if my Rally GT8 can reach below 100mph...i'm good

Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 04-14-2013 at 03:54 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I really liked how fast my XO-1 was at 50 mph. I just want to be able to run 30 minute intervals at 50 mph with the Slash so I can chase cars up and down the road for fun or drive it in traffic.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Champion

Ultimate. Comes with the new shocks and LCG chassis.
    Jeremy

RC Qualifier
    get a gtp , throw the mamba 2200 with XL2 ESC , get the rcmonster spur gear hook up 8S , you be at 140mph pretty sure itll be under $1000 , i seen the XL2 esc under $200 on ebay ,
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Champion
    Do you want on or off road?
    Jeremy

RC Qualifier
    I want a rougher road on road traffic chasing car
    XO-1 #4...

RC Champion
    I want a rougher road on road traffic chasing car
    Slash 4x4 converted to on road with the scalpel body.
    Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    Slash 4x4 converted to on road with the scalpel body.
    i agree, that thing looks wicked!!

RC Qualifier
    The holy grail of the Kershaw Designs setup just showed up - the 38T solid steel pinion gear. I am going to frame this thing.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Champion
    What size bore is that pinion?
    Jeremy

RC Qualifier
    It appears to be for an 8mm shaft, but a sleeve is included. Pretty much what I was going to find on my own when I was actively looking for a replacement gear. It's missing the set screw though so I am waiting Kershaw to send the specs on it.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Champion
    Missing the set screw? Man, they like to send incomplete items it seems.
    Jeremy

RC Qualifier
    Well, the off road truck stuff isn't for me. Just bought an XO-1 roller so I am going to slowly build up another. Not sure what type of build I am going to do this time around.
    XO-1 #4...

RC poster
    Well, the off road truck stuff isn't for me. Just bought an XO-1 roller so I am going to slowly build up another. Not sure what type of build I am going to do this time around.
    stock, leave it stock and take as much of the slop as possible, other than that the car is amazing as it is.
    traxxas 4 life

RC Champion
    Should have just rebuilt your last one huh?
    Jeremy