Thread: xo-1 crashes

RC poster

xo-1 crashes

I'm in the market for this car but kind of hesitant to pull the trigger, because I seem to see alot of crashes with this car, Is it the cars' setup that is cause these crashes or is it the driver?

RC Qualifier
    if you shootin for 100mph .. chances are you will crash but I have yet to any issues that I didnt have on my rustler slash or any rc's . I know Ive replaced more parts on my slash and rustler . I would say most crashes you see are people tryin to get to high speed and are either not using throttle control or mis steering and maybe where they are running is best suitable conditions . Waitin on my 2nd one as a roller to mess around with one for hi speed one for whatever
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Enthusiast
    From what ive seen, its mostly driver error.
    The wrong road, too fast in the allotted space. Not paying attention to the cars reactions.....just general nonsense.

I have seen a controlled driver in a racing situation, and the car rocks.
    User Gt500 makes the car look easy to drive, he also knows when not to race it.

I personally do not have an xo1, but i do have a tamiya tt01 powered by the traxxas velineon brushless system and a 3c lipo that does 62 mph, and its a handfull to drive if i dont pay attention to the car. And the fact that xo1 beats it by 40mph and can be controlled is quite the benchmark.

If you get an xo1, learn to drive the car before you just yank the throttle.

RC Qualifier
    I've had my XO-1 up to top speed all three times I drove it so far including the maiden voyage. Have not crashed it yet and it has 20.8 on odometer. It's set up perfectly out of the box. The key is to have a good running surface thats long enough. Seems most people are too anxious to see it do 100 and don't really think before they blast it down thier street. Or they just pick stupid spots. My XO-1n handles better at 100 than my slash does at 75. If you get one, the first thing you should do is tame down the steering before you go for a speed record.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC Qualifier
    just got done changing rear A arms and was about to test everything then I look around and whoops didnt even see this ..
    LOLOL

RC Qualifier
    Nice spoon. When did Traxxas start making diningware?

For 100 mph you need a wide road that is at least 1000 ft long. I crashed mine because I was either trying to run on a narrow stretch of road or running it in 50 mph winds. I'm just impatient.
    XO-1+Wind=(XO-1+Curb)x2=Me-XO-1=Me+Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    LoL ,, I crashed mine cuz a I took my eyes off for a split second after this guard sneaks up behind me tells me he loved watching me run but his boss said its a liability SMH and decides to say Hey !! as im taking my finger off full throttle .. darn these parts wont be in for couple days ..

Just picked up this badboy this evening so I dont feel so bad I guess lol

RC Qualifier
    Oh boy, here we go with the XL-2 now. You too huh? LOL! You should be able to salvage that brace with a bench vice.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene C View Post
    Oh boy, here we go with the XL-2 now. You too huh? LOL! You should be able to salvage that brace with a bench vice.
    LoL i just got done mangling back together .. eh the XL2 I couldnt resist brand new with 2 6S lipos $200 who would pass up a deal like that lol didnt even want the lipos the guy just gave them to me ahhaha

RC Qualifier
    That's cool, i wouldn't pass that deal up either.

RC Qualifier
    Would there happen to be video of that brace being morphed into a Cobra? Don't worry when I screw up you guys will be first to ride along thru the crash......unless I squash the cam & car.....maybe the SD card would survive.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyG6 View Post
    LoL i just got done mangling back together .. eh the XL2 I couldnt resist brand new with 2 6S lipos $200 who would pass up a deal like that lol didnt even want the lipos the guy just gave them to me ahhaha
    That would put smile on any face. I presume the xo1esc has another rc to call home?
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC Qualifier
    I wish there was a Vid .. after it hit the concrete island flew straight up in air about 10 feet .. just found out my input shaft snapped thought it was just tip of differential was ok with it cuz i have spares but now have to order.. thats 2 days now set me back . btw ebay seller : bobtheacguy ships parts faster then anyone Ive ever seen .
    The Xo-1 Esc is staying in its place , a roller is on the way should be here tomorrow or day after , kinda mad guy shipped it parcel post across the country but can really complain as I picked it up for couple hundred bucks with tires ... Debating taking the 1717 out and running it 8S but still not hip to these electronics on what will work and what will go POOF ..

RC Champion
    The tires and arms wiggle all over with slop and the bumper can't bump anything without breaking.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BL-Bob View Post
    The tires and arms wiggle all over with slop and the bumper can't bump anything without breaking.
    When freshly unwrapped mine had none or very minimal slop. 13km of 70-100mph without balancing the wheels introduced slop. Slop/lash has not increased on the last run of 8km because wheels were balanced. All those pivot points chew themselves like pistons with no lubricant when they vibrate. Circumference of the wheels is roughly 7inches. 1mile is 5280feet which is 63360inches. Multiply that by 100 so you have 6336000inches in 100miles. Divide 6336000inches by 7 inches gives you 905143wheel revolutions in 100miles dist. Divide that by 60minutes to give you 15086rpm. So at 100 all the hingepins rotate (twist) back and forth in the carriers 15000 times in a minute just from the wheel vibes alone not to mention whatever extra comes from road surface. The more out of balance they are the stonger the vibes and friction introduced to the parts. Who knows how many people take the time to balance thier wheels but it's way worth it.

The bumper does probably suck but its functionally is compromised to give the car decent looks and make it aerodynamic.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash