Thread: lipo batteries

RC Racer

Question lipo batteries

i want to switch to lipo but first i need to know... i want to get a 3s, so what batteries are better spc or traxxas? better as in which is more reliable not to go bad.

RC Qualifier
    Both are good batteries. SPC is a lot less $$$, can probably buy 2 SPC for the price of 1 Traxxas. The great thing is, with that lower cost of the SPC the performance doesn't suffer. Besides cost, I don't know what the advantage of one over the other would be.

RC Qualifier
    If I where you and had to do it all over again I would start with 2s first. I bought and still have 2 spc 3s packs great but, you are going to rip apart your rusler have heat problems and so on. If money is no problem and you have a aluminum tranny case already this will help you out a lot with some gearing changes for heat. As for traxxas packs they cost twice as much and have a longer warranty I believe.
    rusler vxl, rusler xl-5, jato 3.3, losi 5ive T

RC Qualifier
    I'll probably get shot down for saying this but, some other high quality brands out there are ******** and gens ace. They both are cheaper than SPC, but the performance does not suffer. Highly recommend to check them out!

Sorry guys this vs that threads are not allowed.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power