RC poster

Pinout for Traxxas Receiver 3518?

Hi Everyone,

New to this site, just ordered a Traxxas 3509 transmitter and a 3518 receiver off Amazon. There wasn't any guide or manual and the only thing I could find online was the basic operations manual about the transmitter. Does anyone know the Pinout for the 3518 receiver, ie which channel corresponds to which control? I'd really appreciate any help- I'm trying to install it to a simple remote control system.

Thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Both part numbers come up empty with a part number search on Traxxas' site...

In any case...

Channel 5 - Rear locker (Summit) - Three position switch, third position
    Channel 4 - Front locker (Summit) - Three position switch, second position
    Channel 3 - Thumb switch - Transmission control; either high/low or forward/reverse depending on model
    Channel 2 - Trigger - Forward/reverse movement; either a servo or an ESC depending on model
    Channel 1 - Steering wheel - Steering servo(s)
    Channel 1 - Same as above (parallel port; eliminates need for Y harness)

Not every remote has all these options.
    Most are only 2 channel
    Some are 3 channel
    Even fewer are 4/5 channel
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    Thanks JN! Just a question though, what is the S for on the "+, -, S" polarity? Also since there's three pins, what should I use to connect to the servo motor?

+ for positive
    - for negative
    S for signal

Connecting positive and the negative directly to the motor will only make it spin... there will be no control. A processor is needed to tell the motor what to do.... hence the signal wire.

RC poster
    Hmmm, so do I need a kind of driver circuit to connect it to the motor? Or does it just go through the signal wire?

Have you ever pulled apart a servo?
    That should give you an idea of what you need to control a motor with a Tx/Rx.

RC poster
    So after talking with one of the customer service agents, it appears I was incorrect about the model number for the receiver. It's not 3518 but instead a 6518 receiver that I am trying to use.

Jimmie Neutron, I appreciate all of your help and thanks. However, as this is one of my first R/C projects of wiring a new remote to a device, I'm a bit unclear about what the procedure is. If S is signal, should all of the S pins for the different channels I'm using need to be connected to the antennae?

I would think so.... as they need to receive directions from the Tx as to what to tell the servo/ESC/device what to do.

What kind of project are you doing??

RC Racer
    I think you maybe need to read up on the basics, then come back with specfics.

Try seraching, here's a starter. (I don't think this break forum rules, please just delete if it does!)

http://www.rc-airplane-world.com/rad...trol-gear.html