RC Qualifier

Lowering the MERV- Onroad Driving

I'm looking for a somewhat easy way to lower my MERV for speedruns and quick onroad bashing sessions. Just some ideas... I was thinking about switching out the knuckles for shorter knuckles or switching the pushrods out for something shorter.

I don't really know what I'm officially going to do yet, but I'm looking for something that would not be too expensive or take too long to trade off one part of the truck for another. I'm an offroad basher mainly, but I do enjoy lowering my trucks on occasion to do some speedruns. I'm open to hear what you guys have done in the past. I'd love to hear any ideas. Thanks!

KWE

Sent from my Living Room using my Dell Laptop

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Two words:
    Zip Ties

Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    As in zip tie the rockers together

RC Qualifier
    Mine's got small limiters in the shocks and my GPM adjustable titanium push rods are adjust to be the shortest as possible in the front, and slightly longer (than the front) for the rear pushrods. Foam tires make the car so much better than any other mod for on-road driving. The car becomes so controllable and just loses traction instead of trying to flip. I use custom foams made by gone banana from rctech.net. They're mounted on HPI Mesh (HPI2196) and started at about 3.3" diameter, but now they've worn down to 2.9". Buying 4 new wheels, shipping them to gone banana, then paying him for mounting/return shipping will cost you a tick less than $50 total. Mine lasted several months and they're my favorite tires

RC Racer
    Yes zip tie the rockers in it works really good just don't leave it there to long your shocks might start to get smaller by being compressed

RC Qualifier
    I've tried the zip tie thing... it did work pretty well and it was very cheap. The only thing I didn't like is that I have to adjust the camber(especially in the rear) when I run with the zip ties.

RC Qualifier
    ^^ the camber changes whenever you change the ride height, short of swapping out for smaller wheels. Having to adjust cannot be avoided.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by CobraWasHere View Post
    Having to adjust cannot be avoided.
    In that case, I will just stick to using the good ol' zip tie method. Adjusting the camber doesn't take that long anyways.

RC Qualifier
    I used really thin metal wire and twisted it to set the height exactly how I wanted, I found it worked a LOT better than zip ties cause it has more give but still holds tight. If that makes sense.

* "If it ain't broke, your doin it wrong" *

RC Qualifier
    fix, run, break, repeat