Thread: Help!!!!

RC Qualifier

Help!!!!

I have a merv vxl it steers good but when u try to go forward or reverse it hums. any ideas? it is running factory system.

Check for binding... does it roll easy??

If that isn't it... the stock servo is known to cause weird electrical problems.... even if it is "working"
    Unplug and see if you get throttle control back.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    thanks jimmie im charging the battery to make shore that isn't it. the motor feels smooth though.ill post back with more info. thanks again

RC Qualifier
    k i checked the motor I got it to run a little and it sounded a little rough. when I got the car i didn't get the screws for the motor and i am wondering if the ones i used was too long and maybe damaged something. what do you think jimmie???

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Probably not unless they were pretty long and the motor would be hard to turn over

RC Qualifier
    I took the motor apart and where 2 of the screw holes are the wire was puffed out a little. so I used a round piece of plastic and tried to work it back down. well it runs now but sometimes you have to help it out. once it starts it will run taking the throttle up and down or steady speed. but if you stop it sometimes it will start sometimes it want. it sounds like it may be rubbing a little. any suggestions? has anybody else ever put too long of a screw in one?