RC Qualifier

Steering servo Mini erevo

Well yesterday was not a Traxxas friendly day couldn't do the break in on the t-maxx that was botched :-/ So I decided to run the Mini Revo and this is probably the 4th time I have ever used it. I have hardly used it never "Bashed" with it or anything. I was playing with it for awhile and I turn the wheels and attempted to drive straight and the whole truck died on me flashes green and red fast I went on google typed in the problem and from my understanding is with these mini traxxas servos that it's always been a problem from what I read online so I did what they mentioned online and unplugged the steering servo and bam I was back in business but without a steering servo. Is this covered somehow under the traxxas warranty? because I have seen some discussions about this online. Another thing too is on 2 of the axles I noticed fluid residue on both sides what do I do about that? Thanks for your time guys and gals.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If its not too old should be covered with a warranty. But in the long run upgrade I run a hitec 5085mg works great! Sounds like your diff fluid leaked out. You can still drive like that but tell Traxxas they will send some fluid too

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    If its not too old should be covered with a warranty. But in the long run upgrade I run a hitec 5085mg works great! Sounds like your diff fluid leaked out. You can still drive like that but tell Traxxas they will send some fluid too
    Awesome bro you're a lifesaver and if my truck is somehow passed warrenty i'll get that servo but I may end up buying that servo you mentioned incase the Traxxas one they send me dies. Is that normal for the diff fluid to leak out? Thanks again

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yep sooner or later they leak out. Good to change the oil every once in a while anyway.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    Yep sooner or later they leak out. Good to change the oil every once in a while anyway.
    Awesome thanks for your help I will call Traxxas tomorrow and let them know everything and i'll order that Servo as well. Enjoy your evening.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Cool. You too

RC Qualifier
    I gave up on the stock servos and bought a Turigy 390MG). Couldn't be happier.

RC poster
    I was haveing same prob I even tried double stock servos and they would tear gears so I bought a hitec hs-85mg+ its 99percent all metal and cost me 29.95.Its not water prove but I dont run my rc cars in water anyways.Ive raced mine with 1/10 slash 4x4,s and rustlers with no servo probs after I changed to the hiteck. Its a little wierd to get it in the chassi but can be done with no mods or cut wires.You will have to reverse steering on your controller takes 3 sec with instructions in the bottom.If you buy a hiteck make sure to use the one i noted as others will not work right from what I have seen.other than that my M.E.R.V is a beast and a great addition to my rc collection.

RC Qualifier
    I'll have to checkout these different servos

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2