RC poster

Unhappy tqi transmitter interference problems/jerky throttle

Just got a new tqi 2.4ghz transmitter with 5 channel telemetry reciever combo. I've calibrated and linked to my castle creations SV2 esc wit no problems. Steering and throttle respond correctly. However when I set the car down on the pavement and hit the throttle the car seems to jerk toward then lose connection/power for a fraction of a second and then jerk forward again and again. After a few seconds of this behavior the car will respond normally even if I increase speed and distance,however, as soon as I realease throttle back to neutral/brake the problem starts happening again. Any ideas?

RC Champion
    Recalibrate the TX to the RX, max throttle, etc..

RC poster
    What exactly should I be calibrating? What settings or parameters? Fwrd, neutral, and reverse seem to be properly calibrated. But from a stand still and at low speeds the throttle is still very glichey. I can grab a fist full of throttle and it edges forward almost nonreponsive then out of nowhere shoots forward so qwick it does a back flip. Lol.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Standstill to low speeds is where you are going to experience cogging.... this is because it is not a sensored system; the ESC does not know the exact positioning of the rotor in the motor.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    Have you got the speed control set for high speed timing?
    Changing it may help?

RC poster
    My motor timing is set to "low". I called Castle creations today and they said the battery I'm using doesn't have a high enough discharge rate and that is what is causing the "cogging" or so they call it. I'm running a Venom 7-cell 8.4 volt 3000mah nimh. I never had this problem with the old sidewinder sct and I used the same battery .