Thread: LVC Question

RC Qualifier

LVC Question

When I drive my rusty until the LVC cuts off the power (won't move) I can not turn off the VXL-3s ESC. The only way I can turn it off is unplug the battery...Is this supposed to happen this way?

Before the LVC cuts power, I can use the power button as I please to turn it on & off.

Thanks I am newer to LiPo & the LVC.

From the manual:
    Slow Blinking Red (with Low-Voltage Detection on): The VXL-3s has entered Low-Voltage Protection. When the battery voltage begins to reach the minimum recommended discharge voltage threshold for LiPo battery packs, the VXL-3s will limit the power output to 50% throttle. When the battery voltage attempts to fall below the minimum threshold, the VXL-3s will shut down all motor output. The LED on the speed control will slowly blink red, indicating a low-voltage shutdown. The VXL-3s will stay in this mode until a fully charged battery is connected.

So what you exprience is normal
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Petertje60. I did read that in the manual and I understand that the shutdown is normal, but was wondering more about the on/off button not working. Seems like I should be able to turn the esc off at least (because my esc fan keeps running). As long as unplugging it doesn't hurt it...I'm cool with that.

RC Qualifier
    I wish my friend knew this 3 months ago... He drug his 3s up the driveway with his 4x4 Stampede because he was so mad about it being slow...
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

RC Racer
    Mine does the same thing.

You should be able to turn the ESC off with the button even with the LVC being triggered and the light blinking red. Press the button for 1 or two seconds then release and it should turn off. Either way, turning it off manually or unplugging the battery will end in the same result, turning off the ESC. Unplugging it without manually turning it off will not damage anything.

Quote Originally Posted by CarGuy7a View Post
    You should be able to turn the ESC off with the button even with the LVC being triggered and the light blinking red. Press the button for 1 or two seconds then release and it should turn off. Either way, turning it off manually or unplugging the battery will end in the same result, turning off the ESC. Unplugging it without manually turning it off will not damage anything.
    I never knew that it should be able to be turned off. Never worked on my 2 VXL-3s ones and neither on my VXL-3m. +1 on unplugging the battery is harmless.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks! I'll roll with that. Now if I could just get my storage charge to take less than 3 hours, life would be good!

Quote Originally Posted by 68rocks View Post
    Thanks! I'll roll with that. Now if I could just get my storage charge to take less than 3 hours, life would be good!
    Lol. Invest in a real good charger

I've had 5 or 6 different VXL's from the original with bullets soldered directly to the board to the newest verision and none of them would turn off with the switch once the LVD kicked.

No biggie either way. When the LVD icks, it's time to unplug the battery and put a fresh one in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
    I've had 5 or 6 different VXL's from the original with bullets soldered directly to the board to the newest verision and none of them would turn off with the switch once the LVD kicked.

No biggie either way. When the LVD icks, it's time to unplug the battery and put a fresh one in anyway.
    That's odd. Both my VXL 3s and 3m can be turned off with the red light blinking. Who knows maybe both of mine are defective

That's odd. Both my VXL 3s and 3m can be turned off with the red light blinking. Who knows maybe both of mine are defective
    Maybe it can be shutdown at stage 1 and not on stage 2...