Thread: XO-1 Gearing

RC Enthusiast

XO-1 Gearing

Today I installed the high speed gearing But I have a question.. Is it normal that the pinion gear is so close to the spring of the right rear shock? It's like a distance of 2-3 mm, not more.

Question number two: I dont know if it's a repost but I couldn't find an answer yet. I had the same problem with the stock gearing. When I pull the throttle, the car pulls to the right. Everything is trimmed ok. When I move slowly the car drives straight, but when I pull the throttle a little more or floor it it pulls to the right. Is that a traction problem??

RC Qualifier
    Thats a tracking problem. Has to do with adjusting camber. On my first one from the factory, i had to turn the right rear in a little. Let's just say it was not dialed in for high speed runs yet... out of the box. You may be experiencing the same thing. With a little eyeballing/testing/tweaking im sure you'll get it ironed out.

RC Enthusiast
    Noob question: when it pulls to the right.. Which side should I check first right or left? Or adjust all four sides?
    Do you also run the high speed gearing? How big is the distance from your pinion to the right rear shock spring?

RC Qualifier
    If it pullin to right you might be giving it too much throttle and it's losin control
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Qualifier
    Start with the rear first. You may not need to do anything to the front except adjust trim after the rear is dialed in. I am running the 34 pinion in one car and a 25 pinion in the other. May bring that 25 pinion down to a 23 or 20 here soon, just for bashing.

RC Qualifier
    Oh, one more thing. Change your rear dif oil to 50k. Theres already a thred on here about it. Night and day. Rear dosen't slip as much as stock out of the box.