RC Qualifier

Question on rear hub carrier

I finally broke a rear carrier on my slash so it is time to upgrade to alum. I mainly bash/speed run, so what would you guys suggest I get, 1 degree, .5 degree or just regular? What brand should I go with or are they all decent?

RC Champion
    RPM plastic ones you have to work extremely hard to break them, and if you do they replace them. Also much lighter than alum. which can bend and then junked.

RC Enthusiast
    +1 on the RPM carriers. If you bash, you may want to stay away from aluminum. The plastic RPM uses is really resilient and really hard to break.

RC Champion
    We mainly bash and heavy jumping, broke quite a few till upgraded all to platimium stk allum from Traxxas , have 1 set from STRC and no issues either

Big Al
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

I have STRC and Traxxas on my two trucks. I switched the sides on my Traxxas set. It was wearing my rear tires weird. Since I am not a racer I don't need the added stability that the toe in offers. I was breaking too many rear hub carrierson my first truck until I went aluminum. Mine have been on for more than two years! Well worth the investment. Friends of mine have broken many sets of rpms. My aluminum are still perfect!
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the info guys...went with rpm for now since my lhs didn't have any alum in stock. Think I will still order some soon though.

As long as you are up and running. Worry about aluminum when and if the rpm parts fIle you

RC Qualifier
    Ha up and running until I just broke the front part of the center drive shaft.

Part #6888 or 6888x? Was it plastic or metal? I have the metal piece on both of my trucks. One has been on there for more that two years! STRC makes the part out of aluminum. I have heard good things about it. It's a simple replacement.

RC Qualifier
    It came as the base 4x4 so I am assuming it is plastic. I will pull it apart when I get time to check. Ya I saw the STRC one I might go with. Is the 6888x the metal one? I will have to call my lhs and see if they carry it. It seems they don't have a lot in stock as of late.

Even on the base 4x4s only the very first trucks came with 6888. The switch was made pretty quickly to 6888X.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Ahh thanks for the info. After I thought about it, I remember it being metal last time I had it apart.

Well, they break too every once in a while.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Ya and I'm not easy on the throttle doh.

You might need to loosen your slipper a little bit. It might be too tight and putting too much pressure on the part. You might want to try the aluminum part by STRC. It is billet aluminum. So it wont have any weak points like cast parts do.

RC Qualifier
    Ya I ordered the STRC one. The slipper is actually somewhat loose. It won't pull wheelies at the drop of the hat anyways, sorta have to work for it. It probably happened when I was running it in the grass and a bit aggressive on the throttle.

When you get it and run it for awhile, do a review on it to let everyone know how it is working for you

RC Qualifier
    Ya I will do for sure. Hopefully that and the king heads bearing adapter will be here this week and I can try it this weekend. I don't get a lot of play time right now with a 5 month old kiddo hehe.

RC Qualifier
    The strc hub should be in tomorrow and the bearing adapter should be here thursday or friday. I also got my rc solutions rollcage. Hopefully I will be able to install it all and run it this weekend.

RC Qualifier
    Well I took apart the slash tonight and low and behold the front hub was the 6888. I just purchased this truck in dec so it must have been on the shelf a long time. As soon as I have time to run it a bit I will let everyone know how the STRC hub holds up.

I had a feeling it was the plastic 6888! I have had the 6888x on my first truck for more than a year without any problems.

RC Qualifier
    Got my first bash session with the new parts in and they seen to hold up great. I do need to tighten up the slipper just a bit but the hub seen to do just fine. I did get my motor up to almost 160 before I checked it. I don't really like going above 150 but it wasn't too far above that. The esc was running about 110-115 so I may need to change some gearing a bit. I was doing speed runs and running in the grass without stopping much so I would say it did great. I am currently running 2.8 trenchers so that contributed I'm sure. I'm geared 20/50 right now. I think I will pick up a 25 for the speed runs.

RC Champion
    is that gearing on the stock motor?
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier
    No its a 2650/mmm

RC Competitor
    1.0 in front and 1.5 in the back