RC Qualifier

Telemetry MPH vs GPS/Radar Gun

How many of you guys have tested the Traxxas link mph data vs a GPS or radar gun? I understand the link factors in wheel revolution to calculate speed which can give false peak speed readings due to traction. How many of you have successfully hit 100+ that was verified via gps/radar gun? What length of straight aways were needed to hit 100?

RC Qualifier
    Not sure how much length you need for the 100 just yet .. But I know the gps and telemetry are off by 2-3 mph in the 80+ mph range . Hopefully this weekend well have a comparison of both
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Qualifier
    I think it really matters how long you can keep the hammer down. Eventually the car will catch up with the tires and the telemetry should jive pretty well. Spikes in the telemetry should be ignored. I guess keeping the trigger pulled for any decent period of time at 100 mph is the hard part. You start running out of road pretty quick.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyV View Post
    How many of you guys have tested the Traxxas link mph data vs a GPS or radar gun? I understand the link factors in wheel revolution to calculate speed which can give false peak speed readings due to traction. How many of you have successfully hit 100+ that was verified via gps/radar gun? What length of straight aways were needed to hit 100?
    I've hit 102mph verified by GPS but I had lots of room to do it. My speed sensor malfunctions around 45mph so I haven't had chance to compare yet. Maybe test my radar gun one of these times but I know it gives inconsistant results. Heres a vid of my 3rd speedrun with the gps onboard.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYwbp4ySsbw
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC Racer
    Doesn't the traxxas speed sensor measure by GPS? I thought it was a gps sensor
    Slash, Ken Block Fiesta
    Slash 4x4
    Summit

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilcrawler View Post
    Doesn't the traxxas speed sensor measure by GPS? I thought it was a gps sensor
    You can get a GPS module from traxxas that will work with the telemetry. Out of the box there is a sensor that counts revolutions of the spur gear. So you can have both displayed on Ipod if you wish. It's my rev counting sensor thats hooped.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC Qualifier
    I did 102 mph GPS confirmed in less than 1/4 mile
    XO-1 #4...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bringit View Post
    I did 102 mph GPS confirmed in less than 1/4 mile
    man thats quick
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by judgegixxer View Post
    You can get a GPS module from traxxas that will work with the telemetry. Out of the box there is a sensor that counts revolutions of the spur gear. So you can have both displayed on Ipod if you wish. It's my rev counting sensor thats hooped.
    Ah Thanks that was what I was thinking of
    Slash, Ken Block Fiesta
    Slash 4x4
    Summit

RC Champion
    Here's a video I made awhile back.

Jeremy

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    Here's a video I made awhile back.

a question

how come you have replaced the traxxas lipo, lipo with what they have replaced?
    you have a better performance with these new lipo?

thanks

RC Champion
    I already had 3s lipos that I wanted to use that have a higher C rating. So, I sold the Traxxas lipos.
    Jeremy

RC Qualifier
    I run the ******* ********'s on my E-revo... they're great. I've got 3s 4000 mAh 30c as well as the 3s 5000 65c's. I was planning on using these on my XO-1 as well whenever the stock traxxas ones are charging.

I'm assuming you're running the stock gearing for 50mph? How come Traxxas doesn't have the GPS module (6551) listed on their site?