Angry Aarrrggghhh!!!! Need another new carb!!!

Well, after I found a crack in my carb, I went and got another one. So today when I started to reasemble my carb TWO threads in it striped out. It striped out both of the plugs by the hsn. I didn't even get it tight so I KNOW I didn't over tighten them. I'm SO MAD RIGHT KNOW!!! I JUST WASTED 14 BUCKS!!!! GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! I'm not saying traxxas carbs are not good, I'm just saying I've gotten some bad ones. Is there any other carbs (possible from other makes?) that will fit in a trx 3.3 (without cutting or moding them in anyway) that is NOT COMPSITE OR PLASTIC that I can get? I'm really tired of composite carbs, and I just want my next carb to last (And to be the last carb I buy) and to have good quality threads, performance, etc. Please help me get another carb besides the stock ones I DO NOT want to waste another carb! THANKS!
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 05-10-2012 at 11:19 PM.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

Read up on the carb thread further down the page or on page two. Composite carbs are good so that they do not heat up and cause vapor lock. Aluminum carbs have a composite/plastic spacer between it and the block so that this does not happen.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Aluminum carbs have a composite/plastic spacer between it and the block so that this does not happen.
    Some aluminum carbs do not use the plastic sleeve but there isn't many. The OFNA Force .26 carb doesn't use one at least the one I have didn't come with one nor does the Force .26's exploded engine views show one even being used. It ran ok in my 3.3 but the LSN was a pain in the rear to get to. I never did have it vapor lock on me though.

The plugs on the stock 3.3 carb do strip out easily you have to be very careful with them. If you can get the plugs to stay in and have the o ring properly seated, you can seal around it with some black RTV silicone or worst case JB weld around the plugs. Just let it fully cure up before you run it.

The best two options for an alum carb in the 3.3 engine would be the RB TM523 carb (title of the thread Double G is referring to) or the OS 11K carb.
    Last edited by CarGuy7a; 05-12-2012 at 01:34 AM.

Thanks, I'll look into getting the ONFA Force carb. The RB TM523 is just too much money for me right know. After I did some research, I found the swap to the Losi 3.4 carb for the same cost as a new traxxas carb. Does anyone know if that carb is anyty beeter or worth getting?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    I found the swap to the Losi 3.4 carb for the same cost as a new traxxas carb. Does anyone know if that carb is anyty beeter or worth getting?
    See my latest update in that thread.
    I do have a spare 3.3 carb that I completely cleaned with new o-rings throughout that you can buy if you want.
    The Super Derecho

From experience. The Force .26 carb is really not an ideal carb for the 3.3 as far as ease of use goes. The angle of the motor makes getting to the LSN a complete pain as the LSN is located towards the inside of the truck rather than the outside like the stock carb. It can be done but it's just not worth the hassle of messing with it.

The OS 11k is a cheaper option to the RB carb.

RC Qualifier
    Can u make 1 good carb out of the 2 bad ones? Can u glue the plugs back in?

I guess I'll try and glue the pugs back in. I just don't want to plug up a fuel passage or somthing...

RC Qualifier
    Buy the Losi carb and be done its 38 bucks and its a composit carb. Its nite and day difference over the stock carb and you will emidate difference in idle and performance
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    I guess I'll try and glue the pugs back in. I just don't want to plug up a fuel passage or somthing...

Quote Originally Posted by slayer17 View Post
    Buy the Losi carb and be done its 38 bucks and its a composit carb. Its nite and day difference over the stock carb and you will emidate difference in idle and performance
    Just remember,,, It's composit,,, you have to be extremely careful with any of the threaded parts if you ever are dealing with that.... ...
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...