RC poster

End play question

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much driveshaft endplay I should have ? another question I have is where are you guys setting your trim ? also just an update that I put the ex props on my iv and reversed the props from left to right and right to left and reversed motor wires like I saw on the forums here and wow what a difference it really makes a difference in speed.

RC Champion
    If I remember correctly, not much as it greatly effects the gear mesh. You want a little so nothing binds. mine just has a slight amount of wiggle. I checked mine by turning the prop. If it spins freely without going in and out more than about 1/2 to 1mm you should be good. If one prop is harder to turn than the other, check your end play.
    My trim is based on what batteries I am running and also the water surface. You want the front of the boat out of the water but not so much that the boat bounces up and down... There is a very small adjustment needed to hit the right trim. I run trim tabs which make it easier and much quicker to adjust.. just turn a screw and thats it.. sure beats the original method. Reverse rotation.. One of the first upgrades to the boat. I run Carbon Graupner props in reverse rotation.. The boat is faster and turns much better as well..
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC poster
    where can I get those adjustable trim tabs ? cause the original way is a pain in the but

thanks
    Mike

RC Champion
    I got mine at offshore electrics, but you have to be careful. there is very little room on the transom for anything larger than about 1 inch across and 1/2 inch high.. I had to do some cutting and shaping to fit mine. they are currently off the boat while it gets a new paint job and new turn fins..
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3