RC Competitor

Different bodies

I have not found any really good alternate bodies for the xo-1. the only ones that are remotely close from my research is the FG modelsport touring car they are a 400mm wheelbase and right at 300mm wide they consider them 1/5 scale though. Now I am not 100% on this it may be from an older model, but they still offer parts for the older models. Some of you have suggested the 1/7 ofna body has anyone actually tried this body yet? I found the specs for it and it seems to be short wheelbase on it is 365mm and width is 290mm from what I have found. Does anyone else have any other suggestions or first hand knowledge of what fits with some or little or no modification?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter2998 View Post
    I have not found any really good alternate bodies for the xo-1. the only ones that are remotely close from my research is the FG modelsport touring car they are a 400mm wheelbase and right at 300mm wide they consider them 1/5 scale though. Now I am not 100% on this it may be from an older model, but they still offer parts for the older models. Some of you have suggested the 1/7 ofna body has anyone actually tried this body yet? I found the specs for it and it seems to be short wheelbase on it is 365mm and width is 290mm from what I have found. Does anyone else have any other suggestions or first hand knowledge of what fits with some or little or no modification?
    I seen a kyosho body at my LHS yesterday was a corvette body looked cool , will prob go back later this week see if they will take it out of the bag and see if itll fit their display model xo-1 .. Didnt wanna thro $70+ on it if it wont line up .. well see

The blue ofna lambo body has been tried and tested . Even upto 85mph with no wing on the body

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92lOdXWgnpw
    Last edited by BennyG6; 05-09-2012 at 11:03 AM.
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Racer
    fg makes a short wheelbase porsche that may be worth looking at

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bazookamaxx View Post
    fg makes a short wheelbase porsche that may be worth looking at
    Id love a porsche body .. Do you think it could handle 100MPH ?
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyG6 View Post
    I seen a kyosho body at my LHS yesterday was a corvette body looked cool , will prob go back later this week see if they will take it out of the bag and see if itll fit their display model xo-1 .. Didnt wanna thro $70+ on it if it wont line up .. well see
    I own the kyosho-corvette-body- just tried it: to short by quite an amount, it wont cover the front-bumper and the rear diffuser- I think no way to make a fit.
    Last edited by lcaa; 05-09-2012 at 11:58 AM.

RC Competitor
    Im looking for more of a LeMans style body or DTM with something like the Austin Martin DB9 or corvette or that link with the porsche. Im not really a fan of the lambo but it does look really good.