RC Qualifier

How to stop spinning the prop nut

I have just purchased a new prop (sharpened and balanced as I'm a n00b at it) and I want to know if there is anything I can do to stop the bullet prop but from spinning off. Will a rubber O ring between the prop and but just enough pressure between the two to work? I really don't want to go and do 50 bucks next time I have a run.
    Slash 4x4
    Spartan
    Stampede
    Rustler x 3

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    try putting a drop of red treadlock, and let it dry for few hours. hopes that help.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Qualifier
    I use blue locktite and let it dry over night just to be sure. You could also us a nut or a locknut between the prop and the bullet nut. I just ordered an aeromarine version that is setup that way, supposed to be a solid setup.

On one of my first runs with Lipos I lost my bullet nut and and an octura x442 that I balanced and sharpened myself which took me a long time! I failed to locktite it and learned my lesson. I then decided to go back to the stock locknut with blue locktite which hasnt failed yet. It doesnt look as pretty, but it works!
    Last edited by jetnfast; 05-09-2012 at 07:15 AM.

RC Racer
    I used the stock nut, lock tite, and the bullit nut has a double nut. Hasn't come off yet.

RC Qualifier
    Remember red lock tite is supposed to be permanent. Blue is removable. I use the blue with a nut and then the bullet nut.

RC Qualifier
    Same for me.

I use blue loctite on the prop nut which is a nylon insert lock nut, and If running a bullet nut I loctite it as well and it doubles as a jamb nut.

hog

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    i use blue and red with my rc trucks, but with red, its how you use it and still be able to take things out.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Qualifier
    At least the consensus is to use some type of locktite, either blue or red!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jetnfast View Post
    At least the consensus is to use some type of locktite, either blue or red!
    And let the loctite dry on the shaft before installing the jam nut, the one with the nylon insert then the bullet nut.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis