RC Competitor

Question Best and NEEDed Jato 3.3 upgrades!

I've been looking at these forums for a few days now and have seen nothing on the upgrades Jato truly needs. I've heard that aluminum shock towers are a must and I've already come to the conclusion that the anacondas should never even smell the fumes from the nitro.. I run Dirt Hawgs and nothing else. I know aluminum front arms are a no go due to the obvious fact that if the aluminum arms are connected to an aluminum chassis... welll.... Picture hitting a tree with those things connected.. So anyone who knows what theyre doing, please feel free to give your upgrade advise =) Pictures are cool too, but I'm not looking for shelf queens, as mine is not and never will be.

RC Qualifier
    Hot-racing dual brakes was a must for me.
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC Competitor
    i agree with the dual brakes, also a nice pipe is a good upgrade in my opinion the ths racing pipe is awesome. maybe get a 5 cell flat pack for the middle compartment to center the weight a good set of tires and i think you set.
    Jato 2.5 w/ 3.3
    T-maxx 4907
    1/16 E-Revo VXL

RC Qualifier
    It depends on what your looking for. The best upgrades you can do is change the pipe, carb,airfilter and clutch
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato8283 View Post
    I've been looking at these forums for a few days now and have seen nothing on the upgrades Jato truly needs. I've heard that aluminum shock towers are a must and I've already come to the conclusion that the anacondas should never even smell the fumes from the nitro.. I run Dirt Hawgs and nothing else. I know aluminum front arms are a no go due to the obvious fact that if the aluminum arms are connected to an aluminum chassis... welll.... Picture hitting a tree with those things connected.. So anyone who knows what theyre doing, please feel free to give your upgrade advise =) Pictures are cool too, but I'm not looking for shelf queens, as mine is not and never will be.

RC Qualifier
    Dirt hawgs are a good start. Upgrade CVD's. Stock ones strip quick from too much torque. I also prefer 58T Spur with 20T clutch bell. More bottom end and wheelies all day. Also put roll cage on mine. Added more weight but I'm a basher not a racer. Saved my car more than once. Depends on what you want to do with it.

RC Enthusiast
    RPM a arms all the way around, RPM front bumper(saved me the other day when i hit a sign post lol). I run badlands strictly offroad, trenchers on/offroad and foams for strictly onroad. for the stock pipe if u dont want to buy a new one, you can drill the stinger out to .25 in which is what i did. I run 20/40 revo gearing.

RC Competitor
    Awesome feedback guys! Thank you. Started replacing with some RPM parts.. But I hear that a few aluminum upgrades are good. I know not to upgrade the front a-arms with aluminum, but is there anything that is a must for this upgrade?