RC Racer

STRC hinge pin set for Stampede - pins don't fit?!

Hi all, I bought a Stampede hinge pin set from Ebay and have tried to fit them, but they don't fit!

This is the set:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3208906363...84.m1439.l2649

The long ones are way too long for the Bulkhead, so I used the next smallest, which are still a little long, but are ok.

I then moved onto the king pins and couldn't fit any of them as the smallest were about 2 or 3 mm too short and the next one up was too wide to fit into the aluminium traxxas carrier?

I gave up and just installed the screw in type but was a little concerned as this weekend that pin fell out and ruined my bash session (no tools! lol)

They are the nut type by the way. The end result is that I only fitted the bulkhead pins

cheers
    tev
    Last edited by tevez032; 05-08-2012 at 05:00 AM.

Weird. I use the same set on my Bandit, which uses the same length pins. Sadly the king pins are not in the set.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    The largest ones are for the inner rear arms (to the transmission case). The 2nd largest hold the front arms to the bulkhead and are long because they assume you'll have a fiberglass tie bar (which you don't need). Just use small washers to take up the slack if it bothers you.

The other 2 sets are to hold the castor blocks to the outside of the front arms and the rear carriers to the outside of the rear arms. There is NO pin included to hold the front carrier into the castor block. You have to use stock pins for that.

Basically, the STRC pin kit is designed for the inner and outer ends of the A-arms... that is all.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

I have 3 sets of STRC hing pins. They fit just fine User Error = Replace user. lol. jK. But ya, the longest ones go in the rear inner, 2nd longest, front inner, 3rd longest, rear outter, smallest, front outter... (and use a 2.5mm lock nut)

But trust, me, they fit and fit well. Sometimes u gotta ease em in.. Also... Try ur bulkhead seperatly from ur arm, and ul see. Any further help, take it to a hobby shop and they can help u in person also.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I haven't had an problems with the fitment of them. Like said be sure to put tem n the right places. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Well, they didn't come with any instructions! I assumed the smallest would be the king pins and it went downhill from there lol.

Thanks all for the info, I didn't even think of the rear as I was fitting my new Alu bulkhead.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by tevez032 View Post
    Well, they didn't come with any instructions!
    Instructions???? Do we ever read those??? Duuuuuuuude we are guys. Build first, instructions way way way later. Only after about 100+ trys does it ever get down needing them. LOL j/k
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Well.. I knew by asking on here all would be revealed sooner or later.

I've threadlocked the king pins, so hopefully no more dropping out this weekend. I've used Google Maps to scout my town for potential bash spots, so I'll be taking the SC10 and Stampede out (with the kids of course) on a car trip come treasure hunt!

NICE! sounds great... Ya i Used to have an issue with a rear pin on the left side always backing out. It was way annoying. now ive been running the STRC pins, and dont even use threadlock on them, and they have NEVER backed out.

Btw.. I dont know if ur running the Protrac, but make sure there is no binding. Usually only happens with the new Protrac stuff.

Awesome about ur bash spot! Im excited for ya.. Driving home today, I took a seperate route, and found a hidden little green area with BMX trails and some kids hitting jumps. I got SUPER excited, and even expressed so outloud! lol.... I cant wait to go hit them. Im way excited. But good luck! Sounds like a lot of fun, and good for u!

Btw. I managed to bend one strc pin, on a massive hard impact, and i didnt even notice until I pulled the front end apart. It was still working and everything. They are SUPER strong, and even recommended by Proline themselves. They are awesome.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Racer
    Thanks. You don't realise what bash spots there are around until Googles aerial view helps you out. Lots of them are hidden from the road behind trees etc.

I do run the protrac, but everything seems to be moving okay, it was only the confusion with the king pins that was troubling me...