Thread: Not so good

RC Qualifier

Not so good

Today me and my buddy were racing on this new paved lot and I had the 29 tooth in there and TQI was readin 83mph gps 80 mph .. I dont think this was full throttle but never got the chance to as we setup head to head to race and as his was pullin off on me I think I gave it to much throttle and the car started veering towards me next thing you know it took my buddies ankles out from under him . I have the whole incedent on video but out of respect for him I cannot show it lol anyhow Im sure hes in bed crying to sleep . I honestly feel bad but boy is my car messed up .. As of right now I need new caster blocks , spleen shafts , turnbuckles, splitter mount , wind tunnels and some other small things .. Just hoping he doesnt wake up in too much pain .. Still cannot believe his ankles were strong enough to bend my caster block in half I couldnt even twist back to normal ..
    I coud really care less about the car as I could just go buy another one in the morning but still shocked at the damage , and luckily the lack of damage to him .thanks god

XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Qualifier
    Oh I have to look out for you lol, hope u get it fixed

RC Racer
    Thanks for putting some fear back into me with this car. I usually fly my car past within a few feet of my own ankles. Hope your friend is okay. That had to hurt !!! Post the video. This might save some needless pain and hospital bills.

RC Qualifier
    KITCHEN . I got the perfect spot about 10 min away from Nankin ..lol

XO-1 NUT,
    Yea my buddy isnt feelin to well today , but things could of been worse off , as long as he heals quickly for out trip to CALI next month all is well , the car will be fixed . Main parts allready in my hands rest will be here in day or 2 . But yea stand back or behind the darn thing

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyG6 View Post
    KITCHEN . I got the perfect spot about 10 min away from Nankin ..lol

XO-1 NUT,
    Yea my buddy isnt feelin to well today , but things could of been worse off , as long as he heals quickly for out trip to CALI next month all is well , the car will be fixed . Main parts allready in my hands rest will be here in day or 2 . But yea stand back or behind the darn thing
    Are you talking about the brand new big parking lot?

RC Qualifier
    it aint brand new its in Southfeild - but Im going back out sunday .. Gonna try it out and see whats up just have to tweak a couple things

RC Qualifier
    Serious STUPIDITY!
    Sorry man but you have no business being anywhere near RC Cars doing 80Mph+
    You are really lucky you did not shatter his ankle.

A guy near me got hit with a flying 1/16 Rally doing about 60 and he needed Knee surgery.
    Please Respect these speeds man!!! Because 100 is a whole different ball game, If the air takes this car and hits someone in the face its all over!
    havnt failed I just found 1000 ways that wont work

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RcPocketRocket View Post
    Serious STUPIDITY!
    Sorry man but you have no business being anywhere near RC Cars doing 80Mph+
    You are really lucky you did not shatter his ankle.

A guy near me got hit with a flying 1/16 Rally doing about 60 and he needed Knee surgery.
    Please Respect these speeds man!!! Because 100 is a whole different ball game, If the air takes this car and hits someone in the face its all over!
    Thanks for the words of encouragement , but it could happen to anyone , was standing next to him ..
    Truthfully use to think its funny and laugh after seeing something like that happen to somone else , but seeing it happen to one your best pals didnt seem to funny, which is why I havnt release the Vid ..I probably could get a million hits and go Viral but im not in it for the fame or money , I understand things could of been worse and thankfully we can sit back and laugh about it now .. Telling me I have no bussiness doing anything aint your place nor here nor there .. When I hit 125mph with this thing you can tell me I have no bussiness being at 100mph either way I got my sights where they are ..Guess best thing I can tell anyone is stay as far back as possible . Live and learn .
    I could say the same for you running a ERBE into a tree at 50MPH but who I am to tell you what bussiness you driving your cars in the manner that you do .. Its all fun and games till somone gets hurt . This isnt fisher price or mattel

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dyaugo View Post
    I think that maybe where you should have been standing should have been thought out more. Why would want to be so close to two objects moving so fast?? I would say stand on a make shift platform or behind some sort of barrier preferably concrete. I think this accident could have been easily avoided. Like you said you can replace the car, but you can't replace someone's ankles, knees and as someone mentioned if the car catches air it could really inflict a lot of harm to innocent bystanders. I think you guys should have used a little more common sense and I would hope you take it a little more serious next time out. Ideally allow a lot of room and more than enough for the car to be raced. We all get a little crazy from time to time and it's easy to do, but try to always think safety first and foremost. Just think if you hit someone else and caused serious harm. I'm sure they would file a lawsuit and take you for everything so if that isn't enough to pursue you to be careful I don't know what else is? Have fun and be careful!
    Yea for sure next time out will be more cautious no doubt

even thought about one of these
    http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/3...g-DP-A01-1.jpg

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyG6 View Post
    Thanks for the words of encouragement , but it could happen to anyone , was standing next to him ..
    Truthfully use to think its funny and laugh after seeing something like that happen to somone else , but seeing it happen to one your best pals didnt seem to funny, which is why I havnt release the Vid ..I probably could get a million hits and go Viral but im not in it for the fame or money , I understand things could of been worse and thankfully we can sit back and laugh about it now .. Telling me I have no bussiness doing anything aint your place nor here nor there .. When I hit 125mph with this thing you can tell me I have no bussiness being at 100mph either way I got my sights where they are ..Guess best thing I can tell anyone is stay as far back as possible . Live and learn .
    I could say the same for you running a ERBE into a tree at 50MPH but who I am to tell you what bussiness you driving your cars in the manner that you do .. Its all fun and games till somone gets hurt . This isnt fisher price or mattel
    I was standing on a deck 15 feet in the air in my back yard when I hit the tree.
    I do not stand anywhere near my street cars that are in the 100Mph or even 90s range.
    JUST BE CAREFUL that is all....
    Want some real stupidity to laugh at well here is something, I put the front bulkhead in backwards or updside down or something in my ERBE now the wheels spin against each other Yep I got to take it all apart again!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RcPocketRocket View Post
    I was standing on a deck 15 feet in the air in my back yard when I hit the tree.
    I do not stand anywhere near my street cars that are in the 100Mph or even 90s range.
    JUST BE CAREFUL that is all....
    Want some real stupidity to laugh at well here is something, I put the front bulkhead in backwards or updside down or something in my ERBE now the wheels spin against each other Yep I got to take it all apart again!
    Its all good bro ..

Took the XO out today with the 29t pinion after a couple feeler runs was running hi 80's and think I even cracked 91 but cant really say for sure as I dont know what the 29t pinion will top out at . Then as im making my last run I hear this Hey' behind me and its a security guard to this place that we use their lot . One split second take eyes off the car and bam hit a concrete island the XO-1 goes about 10 feet straight up in their air.. I removed the GTR shocks and was running turnbuckles please dont flame me as honest to god the car felt more stable then in any run ive ever taken it on .. This was also with regular splitter
    I think I was more worried about my brand new never ran white painted body lol upon inspecting damage only a rear A arm and one turnbuckle . Man just replaced that A arm yesterday lol ..

Last edited by BennyG6; 05-13-2012 at 05:04 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Yep that's the way it goes good that no one got hurt though but that stinks.
    When I got my Baja 5T I took it to a field near a school to run it, I was being very careful as its almost 40 LBS and goes about 40-45 MPH. But it will hurt you bad at that speed.
    So a bunch of kids run out of a school to look at it, I drive the other way to go away from the kids But I am looking towards the children,,,,,, Boom right into a Telephone pole in the field... That was an expensive one and I had to carry it home about 2 miles. Parts took a 2 months to get them all as the 5T was new at the time just like the X01 thats the worst part.