Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    One sweet build! I have definitely been watching the build. It inspired me to build my own set of shocks. Waiting on parts as we speak. Heck I wouldnt even want to run this particular truck of yours in dirt to beat up. Its so clean looking!!! Great work and attention to detail!!! Gets a 10 in my book!!!
    SUMMIT,EREVO
    P4DE,MERV

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast

Update: Lunsford Turnbuckles, Rr Mount Fixed, TQi Voltage Tab/ Temp Sensor Installed

Ok guys I know it's been a good long while since i've updated my thread. Work has been full blast and not much time off here lately. Last they fell out early which left me some time to work on my truck. Plus the kitchen table needs this removed. LOL I typically do all my building in my crawl space, but with all the stuff I have everywhere I needed a bigger spot.

Lunsford Turnbuckles & Rod Ends:

Passenger Side:

Saver Link:

Driver Side:

Voltage Tab & Temp Sensor:

^^ I still need to clean the wires up. Once I test them they will look better.

.....TBC.....
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

.....continued.......

A couple of shots of the body mounted. I had to hide my first set of rear body mount holes. Oh well it still worked out pretty good IMO.

I still had to find another spot for my body mounts to fit good on the body. Actually this spot is much easier to get the clips off. I used the RPM height adjusters to move the mount back. Which worked perfectly. I bolted them down lined them up then reemed me 2 new holes. I covered the other 2 will parts decals.

Body mounted. Came out great.

I'm going to try my darndest to charge a pack this evening and put her on the road. See what tweaks need to be made. Also to test the Voltage tab and temp sensors. Shoot I still need to setup this truck on my TQi.

I still have a few more things that will be updated in the near future. Also hope the T-RCE arms do great.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Looks good!
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

I slapped my SPC 2S 5400 50c to test the voltage and temp sensors. Talk about sweet, I'm going to really enjoy the TQi dashboard. I was surprised how the truck performed with that pack. Not tons of speed, but was nice for fiddling around. I'm thinking 3S is in dire need this weekend. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    it really needs a 3s to see good results.

Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    it really needs a 3s to see good results.
    Most definitely. I was just really surprised at how it ran with it though. I was thinking maybe a 4S in the future.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

If I was that Sl4sh, I'd spit that 2S out and yell at you for a 4S brick
    Nobody is born with experience.

I think i'm going to stack 2 - 2S packs together and see what she says then go from there. Whew those 4S aint nothing nice. LOL Of course I could use the pack in my EMBE. I run a FLM chassis on it with straps so that wouldnt be a problem at all.

We have stinking rain now and till the end of the week....I was so wanting to test run this bad boy. Oh and I emailed PeterV on some questions on the Telemetry. You have to have the expander to use the GPS module. He aslo said with that you can temp more than one thing. So you could run a loop on the ESC. Just wondering where i'm going to put all this stuff. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Digg !! You need to put two 3s together see what happens
    LET'S SEE WHAT BREAK'S TODAY

RC Racer
    So you aren't going to run the rpm sensor since you are running the KHZ mount? I guess you can just mod the gps unit to work so that you still get speed readings on your tqi. I would like to see your results as I'm hesitant to upgrade my motor mount for this reason.
    Sl4sh MM 2650kv
    Grave Digger Pede

Yeah i'm not to crazy about using the RPM Sensor. I'd much rather have the GPS Module instead. I had to order the Expander unit for this to work. I'm going to add a second temp sensor prolly for my ESC. This should be really nice.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    I curious to see how to setup the dashboard to show the temp for both sensors. I am also wanting the gps module, but I still kinda want to have a tachometer...even though that is probably the least relevant information the tqi provides.
    Sl4sh MM 2650kv
    Grave Digger Pede

Update: Proline Under tray & Outerwears Shroud

Well it's been a little while since I've posted any updates. A couple of weeks ago I purchased a Proline Under tray to help protect the drive shaft opening. I painted it outlaw black. I cut down the sides so I could mount the Outerwears shroud. I think it came out perfect for protecting my under the hood goodies.

We had to run or 3 month daughter to the ER. She was running high fever. All is good now, so now i have to work all weekend to catch up. I'm gong to run this and my other trucks soon. Fingers are closed. LOL

Thanks for looking. I seriously can't wait to put this sucker in action.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Sorry to hear about Taylor Grace, my friend.
    I hope all stays well and you can finally try to give your youngest baby some mild fever
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Racer
    Wow...that is a lot of work. Very nicely done. The bottom try looks very clean/well integrated.

Thanks guys!! I'll try and get some better shots up once I get her running in the Great Outdoors. LOL When i have company over and they see my build they love it. First thing they alway ask, " How much did it cost? " I just grin ear to ear. I know i'm off on Independence Day ( 4th of July ). Lets hope that day involves some BBQ and RC time.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    I had one of those under trays and it ended up just collecting a bunch of rocks and dirt and the paint got scratched off. I found it to be annoying to remove when I needed to work on stuff as well...just get the ssc chassis and let the dirt slide off on it's own!! Also, I would have like to have bashed but I've been so busy moving that it'll have to be next time I'm home. I go back to work on the 4th for six weeks.. but $$$
    Anza Sl2sh Bandit EMBEx2 Tekno(Revo D8 D8T MBX6)

Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    I had one of those under trays and it ended up just collecting a bunch of rocks and dirt and the paint got scratched off. I found it to be annoying to remove when I needed to work on stuff as well...just get the ssc chassis and let the dirt slide off on it's own!! Also, I would have like to have bashed but I've been so busy moving that it'll have to be next time I'm home. I go back to work on the 4th for six weeks.. but $$$
    I'm sure in the future I'll end up with an SSC LCG chassis in the future. It's all good though, i'm just itching to run this truck. Maybe the next time you are onshore we can get together and do some running. I'd like to check your truck out to. I've been working quite a bit myself. Hoping to have fun on the 4th. I'm also painting up a new shell for my DiggerPede. You might want to check it out in the coming days.
    Last edited by DiggerPede; 07-02-2012 at 08:01 AM.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Oh boy. I had RC madness yesterday. I busted out 3 of my Rigs and burned up 7 Lipos. Drove the DiggerPede, EMBE, and the Sl4sh. This new build here is just an awesome truck to drive. I had a blast for over 30 minutes. The motor just touched right under 140*. I'm dig'n the temp & voltage sensors, they are spot on. Now i'm impatiently waiting for the GPS Module. I drove all my trucks mid day so all my trucks were running a little warmer than normal. Plus they were out in a little taller grass. They didn't chop the grass at the school yard i was running at. Oh and them Texas sized skeeters were out too!!!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    awesome truck man, neat seeing all at you did to it. I have the 2650 myself and love it
    4Pede ,MM-2650,Protrac, Power strokes,3s 8200= fun

Update: Good Run With A Minor Halt

I had a blast running my truck yesterday. Outside temps were in the upper 90's still. Ugh is summer over?? LOL I'm running the TQi in my truck with the voltage & temp sensors currently. Bashing around the motor reached 145ish. Not really bad, with on & off road running for 40 minutes runtime.

Well near the end of the run I was driving the truck up the curb to our driveway and my rear passenger Wheel/Tire goes plop. I'm like what the hey!! I killed the truck and look it over the little stub pin for the 17mm sleeve had slid out. I looked that erea over and walked down the road. I had just drove in our lot next to the house and figured well it was a needle in a haystack. So I went to thinking and grabbed a 1/8 body clip that fit in there perfectly, through the stub and all. Figured this would be a nice temp fix and i'd tighten it back down. I try sliding it through the whole configuration and after a handful of tries and sitting on 100* cement and the sun to my back I start getting frustrated. I flipped the truck over and around trying to get that in. My intentions were to cut it down, but was going to slip the cotter pin on for a quick fix. That's what heat will do to you. LOL Long story short, sorry gave you the long first. The last time I flipped the truck I hear something clank, that darn axle pin had slipped through the small gap in the Outerwears shroud and landed inside the chassis near the Lipo. I'm like NO WAY!! But whew what a relief it was to have had such good luck. It could have landed or fell of anywheres. After I got this wheel installed back on and the grub that tightens that pin back down really secured, plus the other 3. These were even secured with thread locker. Lesson learned check your truck over and tighten those parts down before running.

I've tried everything to keep threadlocker on this tekno stuff but it seems to come off. I've even cleaned them really well. Seems like there oiled down pretty good. I was at my local Fastenal the other day and seen they have a threadlocker ( not sure if new or not ) that a dirty or oily surface doesnt effect its ability to stay put. I think it comes in a bottle or like a chapstick pen. I think i'm going to snatch me some and see how it works. Now keep in mind i've put threadlocker on for quite a while now and this is the first time i've had issues with it not staying on parts. Weird!!

I've been in some need for RC time and yesterday was the first in many weeks of the entire summer of not running. Arhhhh
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Keep coming back to your build for reference, i really want a 2650KV motor
    Any updates? how do you like your 17mm Tekno adapters so far?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    It hasn't been run till the road rash burns into the body!!! So grab the bumper, through that thing upside down like your bowling as far as you can. Then you'll be able to tear it up without holding back!
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

You a funny man huh??? I know I havent really beat on this truck to bad, YET!! LOL I did bash her yesterday with the little guy. He deffinitely isnt scared to bust the truck up. I'm sure glad I got him the T-bone Fr/Rr bumpers.

I did add me a new body on the truck. Check out this Reaper design.

The ones I took yesterday aren't uploading. Ughhhh!!!!!!!!!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    looks good!

Ok....The pics finally uploaded. Whew had me worried.

I ordered 'Adobe Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements 10'. So once I get this in i'll do some video with the ole Go Pro HD and edit it to look good. I can't belive out of all the yrs i've never picked up some good photo/ video editing software.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    You mean RPM f/r bumpers?
    I got the RPM f/r as well but later replaced the rear with the T-bone bumper and wheelies bar. The T-Bone works much better since it's flexible, and durable too.

Quote Originally Posted by hskb View Post
    You mean RPM f/r bumpers?
    I got the RPM f/r as well but later replaced the rear with the T-bone bumper and wheelies bar. The T-Bone works much better since it's flexible, and durable too.
    I was talking about the little guys MERV and my Sl4sh. I was rambling away and didnt say what his truck was. Here is a pic of his though to confirm i'm not totally loosing my mind. LOL

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    I could tell what you were talking about. I have the tbone kit on my merv too. did you get the full underbelly plate?

The little guy ( Korbin ), wife & daughter ( Taylor ) and I went for a bash session at the skate park/ jogging trail last night. The wife walked Taylor in the stroller while Korbin and I bashed around. We had a blast! He's becoming a great little driver, just trying to teach him to stop WOT it all over the place. LOL

Anyways, after burning our packs up and loaded them into the trunk of the car I was disconnecting the packs and balance taps from the LVA's. I noticed my front shock tower ( TRCE ) had jumped ( fastener came loose ). We came home cleaned the cars off with air and brought them back in the house. I slid the upper shock tower back in place, slapped a little of the blue gel threadlocker on the fastener, and hunkered it back down. I also checked all of the rest of my screws and snugged them down.

Just a heads up if any of you havent used the gel threadlocker ( Permatex 24010 Medium Strength Threadlocker Blue Gel, 10 g Gel Twist Applicator ) or the chapstick version of it you don't know what you are missing. That stuff is the BoMb and way way less messy if at all. I have a big tube of it in the blue, should have purchased the smaller one in red. Ah well not like i use that stuff but ONCE for my MIP's. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    I could tell what you were talking about. I have the tbone kit on my merv too. did you get the full underbelly plate?
    Yeah I missed that part. I found out about the full kit after I had purchased and installed the Fr/Rr bumpers. So far its been good. I might end up adding it along the way.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

A little update going on. When I was working on mounting the desert rat body I had to come up with some ideas on how to mount it. It worked great for a while, but after landing on there lid a few times the rear mounts would move. which I knew the would because I didn't have anything to keep them from swayin side to side. I cut a piece of .093" lexan, 1.5" x 1.80". This worked perfectly. Since I'm running the Ford SVT Raptor flotek with the AMR Racing RC body wrap the rear needed to be dropped a little. So I bolted there body mount underneath the plate. Came out perfect. It might actually work for my Desert Rat too.

Here's a couple pics of the lexan plate

Thanks for looking.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III ~ using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    hey why did you go 17mm with buggy wheels and tires? wouldnt it be cheaper to use stock hubs and sc badlands?

RC Champion
    not when you get the wheels and tires from suprasales on ebay

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    The big picture hear is the cost of rims/tires combo. With this motor and a steel drivetrain, you would be spinning rims on a regular schedule.
    Digger, I've been working on a new paint style, I've come up with a couple of methods to create some very unique bodies. I think I could show you a body-paint job that could top this project as a shelf cover. I'll pm you with tlsome pix to check out.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    The big picture hear is the cost of rims/tires combo. With this motor and a steel drivetrain, you would be spinning rims on a regular schedule.
    +1 on that! These tires have really held up to this power plant. I'm really surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    Digger, I've been working on a new paint style, I've come up with a couple of methods to create some very unique bodies. I think I could show you a body-paint job that could top this project as a shelf cover. I'll pm you with tlsome pix to check out.
    Kewl! Send them on bro....!!!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Update: Dusty Motors Shroud

My little guy needed a shrould for his MERV and The Toyz was the only place that has one that will fit his. They carry a brand called Dusty Motors. While I was there and they had a special coupon going on so I purchased one for my Sl4sh to test it out to. Its a finer mesh with a zipper down the middle for easy access to change a bat out or turn the truck on/ of or what have you lol. The quality of it is on par with the Outerwears. I have yet to run my truck since i've installed it. I also used the same velcro that was on the truck so its a perfect exchange whenever I want.

Here are some pics of it on the truck.

Someone called me out on the color so figured i'd make it happen and look better. You know who you are... LOL Thanks.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

just sat here for almost an hour and 45 minutes intensly reading this entire thing from start to finish. all 237 posts, and mind you i really hate reading lol. awesome awesome build by the way! i give it an A plus. im still trying to get my 4x4 slash together as just a roller even lol. so feel free to send me any stock or unwanted parts including screws, hinge pins, and servos lol
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

Digger, Ur Sl4sh looks AMAZIN! WOw bro... Serioulsy something else. I love it!
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

I was just having anouther look at this thing, and oh my goodness is it a man machine... Oh buddy
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..