Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    It's going to get dirty, right?

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by rc driver dude View Post
    It's going to get dirty, right?
    Does it have to???? Heck ya when I get it all put together fully. I'll prolly fix the ole basher body up first and get everything all tweaked up then run the new lid.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Does it have to???? Heck ya when I get it all put together fully. I'll prolly fix the ole basher body up first and get everything all tweaked up then run the new lid.
    Chicken! You know how to drive, do you?
    Just remove the magnetic walking mailboxes, oh well and all the other objects too, lay down a velvet carpet of 1 x 1 mile and go test it.
    Nobody is born with experience

Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Chicken! You know how to drive, do you?
    Just remove the magnetic walking mailboxes, oh well and all the other objects too, lay down a velvet carpet of 1 x 1 mile and go test it.
    I was being funny. LOL But you did have a good idea there!! You know how Mr No Shoulders is....always lurking around waiting to strike.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

To be honest, it would take some time before I would dare to hammer the throttle myself with such a nice rig.
    I remember landing on my fresh painted Raptor body was not a very pleasant experience. Anyway, I'm curious how it drives!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    I like to take a new truck by the bumper on its maiden run, a quick underhand toss out in the road like I'm bowling, right on the lid as far as I can. Gets all that first scratch phobia out of the way lol! Not kidding, that's what I do with the basher bodies as soon as its run. I know, sound crazy but its all smiles after that.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    I like to take a new truck by the bumper on its maiden run, a quick underhand toss out in the road like I'm bowling, right on the lid as far as I can. Gets all that first scratch phobia out of the way lol! Not kidding, that's what I do with the basher bodies as soon as its run. I know, sound crazy but its all smiles after that.
    I totally believe you there too!! LOL That for sure is one good way to get the scratch phobia out. But be sure to get all the good photogs out of the way. I have yet to take any with my Cannon Rebel with a good back ground. When I get these upgrades complete i'm going to go find me a spot and get that out of the way and go have some fun. The only thing I might not get to run this truck as soon as I want if I dont get to do this. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

The anticipation still runs..............................I just so wanted to take it out and mash the throttle.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Hahaha. Dread, you're nuts. Man that made me laugh. R/C car bowling. It's like ruining a bottle of champagne against a ship befor it's maiden voyage. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Hahaha. Dread, you're nuts. Man that made me laugh. R/C car bowling. It's like ruining a bottle of champagne against a ship befor it's maiden voyage. LOL.
    I wouldnt cry at the bottle hitting the ship but the loss of its contents. LOLOLOL That is a good idea if you wanted to get the phobia out, but I think I would still cry. I love painted bodies. It's just the time and effort behind them that hurts the most. Shoot man i've bashed the mess out of my Parma Digger body and its been on a clean 9-10 months. It just has a bunch of upper war wounds from skidding down the street on its Lid. I think it stayed nice and shiny for 2 days. Once those came about it was on from there......
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Update: Lunsford Hinge Pins/ Turnbuckles & Felt Battery Tray Pad

I received my order from Amain for the Lunsford Hinge Pins/ Turnbuckles and new rod ends. I didnt get a chance to work on these. I'll pull the others off and measure them to the exact same lenght to start off with then work from there. I'm really impressed with these they are really beefy and light. I hope to get to work on these later this evening when I get off work....oh yes i said it I'm at W O R K yet again.

I was finally able to find some felt to line the bottom of my battery tray. This makes it look cleaner and keep the batter from rubbing so much. This stuff is dirt cheap at $.23 a flat. I can cut enough from one square to carpet my whole fleet's battery trays. Thanks LooT!!!!!

Here is the results of the felt installed:

Oh and I mounted my glitch buster to. I had a couple of ideas. This is what I came up with so far until I think of a much better solution. Not really any good spots for it. Has anyone mounted one with an extension and does it weaken its ability to reflex the capacity of the small charge sent to and fro it? If not I may do that and mount it further from the Rx box.

I went to the hardware store the other day and finally picked up a few other goodies. I've been needing a vise and well I was looking for some stuff for work and seen these and snatched them up. I grabbed a table and swivel vise to add to my collection. You can't beat them for $22 a pop. They are worth every penny. I posted these on my Digger thread to. Figured i'd share with you guys to. =^)

Heavy weight Bessey:

Light weight Bessey:

This comes in handy for holding onto your RC. I can't wait to use it. =D

I also picked up a DeWALT ABS case for 5 bones, regularly $10ish. I shoulda snatched a couple more. I could find some sort of use for them. But for my RC i'll store some pinions an stuff.

Sometimes you can't pass up good deals. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    I'm going to need a bessey too! Thanks for the idea
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    I'm going to need a bessey too! Thanks for the idea
    I picked it up in your neck of the woods Friday. Got them at Lowes in LJ.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    I wish I was in Lake Jackson but I'm still at work out here in the gulf. If you don't mind PM me your name and number and I'll get in touch with you when I get home in three weeks. If you have an iPhone I can text you from out here now.

Yes sir!! awesome digg! The felt is nice huh? I use some servo tape to keep it in place, and if/when I pull it up, it lets go without messing up the felt. Even though if it did it be what like 7 cents!? ! lol.

Love that bessey, and dewalt little case. I got some regular little clear ones, but nothing as kweellll as the Dewalt. Love this build!
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    Yes sir!! awesome digg! The felt is nice huh? I use some servo tape to keep it in place, and if/when I pull it up, it lets go without messing up the felt. Even though if it did it be what like 7 cents!? ! lol.

Love that bessey, and dewalt little case. I got some regular little clear ones, but nothing as kweellll as the Dewalt. Love this build!
    Thanks LooT! Yeah I know right. I can cut quite a few out of that square. They were very dirt cheap, like $0.23 ea. They had 4-5 diff colors. I found the black to be the most universal for me.

I have to upload & tweark some photogs of what I got to work on last night.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Competitor
    Looking great man! Some great attention to detail on the thing.

What's the deal with the glitch buster? I mean pros/cons? I've heard cool things about those, and gyros on our little trucks. Cheap but effective fun mods!

Quote Originally Posted by RacerAV View Post
    Looking great man! Some great attention to detail on the thing.

What's the deal with the glitch buster? I mean pros/cons? I've heard cool things about those, and gyros on our little trucks. Cheap but effective fun mods!
    Thanks man! Appreciate it.

The glitch busters help with brown-outs. They are a small capacitor that holds a charge when something like a servo needs a boost of power to help run it. Using the Savox it needed the extra boost otherwise it went real glitching and crazy like it was possessed.

They are fairly cheap @ $5. A handful of companies make them and you can make one yourself for a little bit cheaper. I find time as money on some things so i'll let them make the all mighty buck off me. LOL

Prolly the only con i can think about is the loss of one connection to the Rx.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

beautiful ride ...i remember buliding an SSC 4x4 last year. i musta spent close to $1200 in aftermarket parts. after i was done, i didn't wanna drive it cause it was like a work of art to me. i ended up making it a shelf queen and built the one i have now to beat on. you need to get that thing dirty soon!
    Associated rc8TE, rc8.2E, B4.2, Ofna LX2E, Slash

Quote Originally Posted by vxlrocket View Post
    beautiful ride ...i remember buliding an SSC 4x4 last year. i musta spent close to $1200 in aftermarket parts. after i was done, i didn't wanna drive it cause it was like a work of art to me. i ended up making it a shelf queen and built the one i have now to beat on. you need to get that thing dirty soon!
    Thanks vxl!! I'll have to add up what i've spent on parts at the end. I prolly don't want to know. LOL At least I had a few already purchased so that might be what has saved me a couple of benjamins already. It's all good though. I have fun doing it in the most part.

I have some pics i still need to upload, prolly be after lunch. Been a busy morning so far. ugh!!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Update: T-RCE & Lunsford Parts

Yay! USPS man delivered my Team-RCE A-Arms & Shock Towers. Saturday he delivered my Lunsford parts. Man, I really dig this T-RCE stuff. They are really light and tough.

T-RCE Fr/ Rr A-Arms

....unpackaged....

T-RCE Fr/Rr Shock Towers

Lunsford Rr Cambers

They look like they are off on lenght they are actually dead on. <>Optical illusion<> LOL

Break down of the Driver Rr side

Rr T-RCE Driver side A-Arm & Outter Lunsford Pin installed. I used model graphite powder as a pivotting lube. Much better than using oil, plus they attract dirt. Also notice the slick grubs to hold the pins in place. Another plus to keep the pins from ever coming out.

Model Graphite Powder used for the pins. Notice the little bag I use to shake the part(s) in.

A couple of install shots

Partial T-RCE Shock tower installed. I had it all put together but forogot to take pics. LOL

I'm really impressed with how this is coming along. They are totally tight and hope they hold up well. Hopefully get to put the rear together this evening.

Thanks for looking my friends.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Man that looks totally awesome. I really have to make a lot of notes for my future build. Maybe I will just copy yours

RC Racer
    Digg!!! That's looks great so you ever going to run that Shelf Queen ?
    LET'S SEE WHAT BREAK'S TODAY

RC Qualifier
    Sick sick sick!!!
    * "If it ain't broke, your doin it wrong" *

Update: Rr T-RCE A-Arms & Lunsford Links Installed

The Rr T-RCE A-Arms, shock tower, and Lunsford Links are bolted up. Everything is coming together so nicely. It's just so dreamy. LOL One thing I noticed was the Rr shock Tower moved further back from its normal position. I might end up fabricating a bracked to move my body mounts a little forward about 3/8 to 1/2in. I really don't want to reem a couple of new holes in the body and where they would end up in either direction if i flipped the body mount forward. Hmmmm

The T-RCE stuff looks so bling.

I busted one of the Shock Tower screws. I didn't even put that much on it. I might end up replacing them with something tougher. I really dont think its going anywhere. If or when i need to make adjustments to the height it should be ok to fasten it back down.

This build is really coming together very nice. I did all I could last night without falling on the floor. LOL Maybe another hours worth of work to bring it together, building the Lunsford Turnbuckles and fixing the body mount issue. Not sure if i will tonight, I have some yard duties to attend to.

I really do appreciate everyone keeping tabs on my build and the great comments.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

there's no way i could run that as beautiful as it looks now. slap a SSC chassis on it and it's the mona lisa of Slash trucks. gorgeous build Digger....wow
    Associated rc8TE, rc8.2E, B4.2, Ofna LX2E, Slash

RC Racer
    Your truck look good, i cant do the alum a-arm im to hard on my platunim street edition slash for those.
    All Vorza Big Bore Shocks al around the truck handle like a dream.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by sbinqnz View Post
    Your truck look good, i cant do the alum a-arm im to hard on my platunim street edition slash for those.
    All Vorza Big Bore Shocks al around the truck handle like a dream.

do yyou have mips on your truck?
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Racer
    YO Digg no updates today

Quote Originally Posted by vxlrocket View Post
    there's no way i could run that as beautiful as it looks now. slap a SSC chassis on it and it's the mona lisa of Slash trucks. gorgeous build Digger....wow
    You know I thought about that. It could be an upgrade in the future. I'm going to see how she handles for a little while. Pshhh if I ever get to run any of my RC's.

Understand!! I only had aluminum on one truck and that was my EMBE. It has quite a bit of FLM alloy parts. A friend of mine told me how good they held up, so since he is one of the toughest bashers around I took his word and ran with it. My only other option would be to go to ProTrac if the T-RCE parts don't hold up. I was very unsatisfied with RPM on the arms. They gave way to easily in a spot where I want stability. I'm sure they added weight of the Motor and stuff isnt the best on those.

Quote Originally Posted by itsstock10 View Post
    YO Digg no updates today
    Yo Mr Sin City, Nothing since the last update. She still sitting on the table. I have the turnbuckles yet to install and the Servo arm. Then I need to tweak the rear body mount. I'm thinking of fabbing a plate that will move the body mount forward about 3/8". I can't even remember the last time I had a chance to run any of my trucks.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxasFTW View Post
    do yyou have mips on your truck?
    Yes i have MiP's

RC Enthusiast
    I love this build. Great job. It is also cool how you guys have profile photos. How did you do that? I can not figure it out at all.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua.himes View Post
    I love this build. Great job. It is also cool how you guys have profile photos. How did you do that? I can not figure it out at all.
    Thanks man! It takes time and fun to build projects. Oh and you have to help the community out with 3000 posts then you get crowned with the ability to have an Avatar.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Competitor
    Digger, did u tape the tires for balloonin up at high speeds ?
    how is this done? does it really keep the tires from looking like a pizza cutter at high speed?

Quote Originally Posted by RacerAV View Post
    how is this done? does it really keep the tires from looking like a pizza cutter at high speed?
    Yes it helps tremendously. You flip the tire inside out and tape the inside of the tire with heavy duty duck tape, I use industrial/ commercial strength. No cheap off brand dollar store stuff. Its really easy to do and worth it if you are gluing a pair of treads yourself.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Enthusiast
    WOW. 3000 posts. Only 2965 more to go.

Thanks for the info.

RC Qualifier
    Looks amazing! I think the next upgrade should be metal shock retainers (the screw things).

RC Champion
    I get home next wednesday..Are you going to be able to go to KAty track on Saturday the 16th? If not we need to meet up to bash somewhere. PM me your number lol! I see an SSC chassis in your future! Cause that's going to be the only thing left to do!

Quote Originally Posted by rc driver dude View Post
    Looks amazing! I think the next upgrade should be metal shock retainers (the screw things).
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    I get home next wednesday..Are you going to be able to go to KAty track on Saturday the 16th? If not we need to meet up to bash somewhere. PM me your number lol! I see an SSC chassis in your future! Cause that's going to be the only thing left to do!
    PM'd ya!! I hope so....
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    What up Digg SQ running yet !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by itsstock10 View Post
    What up Digg SQ running yet !!!!!!!!
    Funny are we?!?! I'm going to try my darndest to work on the truck tonight. I still have to build the turnbuckles and mount some TQi stuff. Oh and fix the rear body mount. For some reason when I put the new shock tower on it moved my mount back about 3/8in. If I flip the mount it lands in an awkward spot. I have to come up with a mounting plate so that it will line up with the current holes. I sure dont want an extra set on the Desert Rat body.

Speaking of I did get to do some running yesterday with the 2wd Slash. Me and my bro in law bashed for an hour. A PoPo stopped by and visited with us and radar'd them LOL. He was a kewl cat.

Sorry for the rambling.......I'm going to see if i can finish this build w/in the next week. I'm so anxious to run it. Yall dont know how much it's killing me....
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore