Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    I was just having anouther look at this thing, and oh my goodness is it a man machine... Oh buddy
    Thank ya thank ya!! It's a beast to drive. It' barely runs warm running through grass on 3S. I'd like to slap 4S in there somtime just to see it's reaction. Maybe I can shoot some video in the near future. The little guy and I don't get as much RC time, so when we do we go out and bash the camera gets left behind. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Update: CC 10A BEC

I finally soldered up the CC 10A BEC. Got everything setup and programmed to 6v to keep the Savox 1258TG running at its optimum. Sucker runs like a top now. Part of the wiring has been cleaned up on the ESC side. Now all I need to do is clean up the wire going into the Rx.

Thanks for looking.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC poster
    how about an update on how things are holding up?

Quote Originally Posted by 440corbon View Post
    how about an update on how things are holding up?
    Everything is still running like a top. Sadly it hasnt been out in a couple of weeks though. I've been working on the Rally 4wd. LOL

This is one of my favorites right next to the DiggerPede.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC poster
    My stock motor and esc blew after a whopping 20 minutes of play. so I was looking at upgrading to the mm2 when it comes out. So I was looking into drive and suspention upgrades. Came across your thread and was seriously impressed. Thanks for all your info you shared. It has saved me sooooo much time. And the shocks....awesome looking. I have to copy tou on them. they look beautiful.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Digger, what's the deal with the center shaft? "Big Bone" I've seen a few installed but not any feedback about it. Does it fit well? Does it make a bit of noise, like the stock shaft rattle when rolling to a stop? What about spin, smooth? Centered? Any wear marks around the ends from the cups?
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

It's held up well with the big power plant I have installed there. I have at least a dozen or so packs through it on 3S. I know this motor is begging for at least 4S. I'll have to saddle up a couple 2S or possibly pick up a 4S in the future. It is way quieter than the stock shaft. The kit comes with o-rings to install at the end of each bone inbetween that and the cup. This eliminates the stock slide rattle & splined design. Even though the stock shaft can be remedied by using o-rings where they slide for flex, they can sometimes split. Never had this happen to me but my buddies at the track have. It stays about as centered as centered is gonna get. So YES it is very flush. So far no wear marks of any sort. I run an undertray and an outerwears shroud so ive been lucky that no rocks or objects have been caught in the shaft. It definitely leaves room vs the stock shaft as it is bulky in the sense of dia. It's by far not the cheapest option, and I wanted to use tekno parts since I ordered Tekno's on all 4 corners.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Thanks for the info ...... also wondering if your getting any oil rings around the caps/threads on the strc shocks? I have blessed caps, love um, they seal nice without any teflon tape! I was wondering how yours are now that you have some time in it. It would take some all out ground pounding to get the full idea about the seal on them.

None of my Ten-T or the STRC bodied Ten-T shocks have leaked oil yet. Not even from the bottom. I'm very impressed with them & they seal realy good. I'm probably not near as hard as you are on them though. I thought about some teflon if they started leaking but so far so good.

The ones that have taken a beating are the BB's on my Slash. That poor little truck gets driven like your fleet. One tough little truck right there.

On another note. Last week I picked up a set of Fr/Rr GTR shocks that are on the new 1/10 UE Slash 4x4. They were in Houston way early this morning, hoping the mailman drops them in the breadbox. I'll take pics of them next to the Ten-Ts in size comparison. I hope they are $$$. These will be going on my 1/10 Rally 4WD though.

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I'm tuned in lol. I'd like to see that pic! Also interested in these shocks.... I'm sure traxxas will be adding red or blue alloy as time goes on too.

RC Champion
    I ordered a 2650 during the black friday sale! I'm interested in your opinion on those shocks

Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    I'm tuned in lol. I'd like to see that pic! Also interested in these shocks.... I'm sure traxxas will be adding red or blue alloy as time goes on too.
    Congrats! 3000 posts!
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Champion
    thedreadedend, nice avatar pic!!
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    None of my Ten-T or the STRC bodied Ten-T shocks have leaked oil yet. Not even from the bottom. I'm very impressed with them & they seal realy good. I'm probably not near as hard as you are on them though. I thought about some teflon if they started leaking but so far so good.
    +1 for Losi Ten T shocks..

Digger..what brand, size shock pistons are you using?
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Qualifier
    The dreadedend I also have the tekno drive shaft installed its a great shaft doesnt rattle or make noise with my mm 2200 in it. I did have an issue with the pins for the cups backing out but after some more red locktite it seems to be fixed woud highly recommend it if your running a high powered system.

I installed the GTR shocks on my Rally Saturday Night. Ran them yesterday and have the fronts dialed in. I need to take some of the preload off the rears then I should be good to go. Running stock oil, which should be 30wt and stock springs. So far they are comparable to the Ten-Ts. Which the price of both are nearly the same.

DriveIt: Those are STRC bodies and caps, and the rest are stock losi parts from the shocks. Very very easy to build.

Check my Rally thread with the GTR's installed.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Enthusiast
    Digger your truck has been the inspiration for my build. i started off with a stock rally, converted it to a lcg slash and am waiting on a laundry list of goodies including the mm2 2650kv combo. i just wanted to say thanks for posting all the great info and details of your build that thing is sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by protonvxmatt View Post
    Digger your truck has been the inspiration for my build. i started off with a stock rally, converted it to a lcg slash and am waiting on a laundry list of goodies including the mm2 2650kv combo. i just wanted to say thanks for posting all the great info and details of your build that thing is sweet.

Thanks man. Appreciate the good comment. You're going to love the Mamba Monster v.2 2650 combo. That sucks scoots like no tomorrow. I have a couple of those new controllers I have yet to install them yet though. Hopefully in the next couple of months. I'm fixing to go into a T/A for about a month and hoping for some time off after that. Woohoo
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    This is a crazy build, the one thing I think it needs is a LCG chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by jfrank05 View Post
    This is a crazy build, the one thing I think it needs is a LCG chassis.
    Thanks.

Yeah i've thought about that to. I do own a 1/10 Rally 4WD....so that is my LCG version of this basically. I run this puppy through all kinds of terrains that an LCG would probably get hung up on....I kinda like the extra height this one provides though. (desert rat Slash build)

A few shots of my 1/10 Rally::

I would call that my LCG fix....haha
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Well I had a casualty with my EMBE Sunday and busted the rear alluminum bulk and shock tower. I believe the bulk is made by GH (not sure though, couldnt find a stamp) and the shock tower was the InCrEdIbLe Integy . Well the bulk mounting ears busted right off and the shock tower bent.

I was testing out my new SPC 4S 6500mah 60c lipo pack and it was running like a top when that happened. The only other capable ride of accepting that bulky pack was my Slash which lead to me bashing it with it. LOL Boy was that a ton of fun. I made it the rest of the day Sunday bashing that pack and truck. The only thing I broke was the front mounting dinglehopper and it snapped in half. So yesterday after work I used a pair of needle nose and got the bottom half of that bolt out. Which after all that I tie strapped my 2nd 4S SPC pack to the Slash 4x4. LOL Well I sped up and down the yard and took a few jumps, about 20 minutes of running and the last jump I lost power to the front of the truck. Grrrrr I took the truck to the table outside and started tearing into it and noticed the input shaft had been torqued. The upgraded Tekno center shaft and cups were A-OK. So the weakest link was the input shaft.

Is there an upgraded shaft that I can use or should I keep that as the weakest part? I normally don't run 4S which I know that was the suspect. LOL

Anyways I had tons of fun running the Desert Rat or should I say Reaper Slash 4x4 on 4S. I think I walked to the dark side and might not walk back. The Castle MMM and 2650kv are a dream on that pack.

Thought I'd share this little snafu with you guys. hahahahahahahahaha
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    subscribed

Finally had some spare time and stole an input shaft from a spare Slipper setup. 20 minutes of tearing the old slipper apart and setting up the new one and bolting the car back up I was back on commission. I needed to run the pack down a little bit more.

BTW the SPC 6500 60c 4S pack is awesome. I ended up loosening the slipper a bit, which i'm sure is the reason why I tweaked the input shaft. After running a few passes I noticed I need to tighten it down a little bit more though.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

T-RCE Fr/ Rr A-Arms
    How you going mate...another awesome thread. I am thinking of joining you guys in the Slash 4x4 section .

How are these T-RCE arms working out for you? I have been toying with the idea of using these or the spare ProTrac arms I have left over from my Rally build.

I know that the ProTrac arms broke at the hinge from hitting the curb on my Rally...not sure how they will hold up to some MT bashing...what are your thoughts?
    Rock n Rolla !

Good good man!!! Apprecite it

BTW good to see you in this neck of the woods. I know you will do a very informative thread on your build like the others.

The TRCE a arms are doing an excellent job. I also have their shock towers to. I like how you can adjust them up and down & left to right. Gives you a ton of shock mounting options. I have bashed them for almost a year now with very good luck. The guy that got me hooked on me is "thedreadedend". He does 10x the hardcore bashing that I do. They have been holding up to him for a very good while know. For me not only are they strong & light, but they look good at the same time. Just like anything else they will get scratched on the bottom.

I havent heard a whole bunch of good things about PL stuff here lately. My first couple of kits from them were really nice and tough, but seems they have gone a bit south.

I'll see if I can get you some updated pics of the underbelly of my truck here soon. I have some work to do on my Emaxx. I had to chop down a few money trees to buy those parts. Hahaha
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Enthusiast
    To start of with WOW!!!

I normally dont spend time to read threw a whole forum post like this one. But I noticed that you were placing a few parts on your slash build that I have been interested in.

The main things I was interested in was the TRCE Shock towers and A-Arms. Its nice to hear that they are holding up well. I am new to the R/C seen and was trying to find a set of nice aluminum A-Arms that could take some hard core bashing & from what Im reading this might be the trick. I love their shock towers due to the adjustability so i can fit any body I decided to buy/build in the future.

For now I think im going to keep looking over your parts list and see what I feel I want to use in my build and what I might pass on to fit my bashing needs. For me budget is a major concern as Im a collage student. I figure in time I will be grabbing me a 3S+ dropping it in my finished project *once i actually start it* and bashing on it till it breaks.. LOL

I havent heard a whole bunch of good things about PL stuff here lately. My first couple of kits from them were really nice and tough, but seems they have gone a bit south.

I'll see if I can get you some updated pics of the underbelly of my truck here soon. I have some work to do on my Emaxx. I had to chop down a few money trees to buy those parts. Hahaha
    Thanks...good to know mate. Since I already have the protrac I will use them until they break, then I will certainly look at team RCE...postage to Aus is unreal...almost a price of a set of arms.

Next question...tekno big bone, I love it in my Rally...How does it do in the Slash, any rubbing from the steering links? I have seen some stock ones pretty badly scratched from that.
    Rock n Rolla !