Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Just ordered the Tekno big bone driveshaft. They are finally in stock.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    how are you going to mount your reciver. because if you want to use the pede box the outerwears wont fix , just a heads up nice build by the way

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    I'm going to run an Outerwears Shrould to help protect some of the bitter particles from entering the gears
    Quote Originally Posted by 4sdash View Post
    the outerwears wont fix , just a heads up nice build by the way
    yup, I bought it, and it was a very tight fit, specially on the back due to a tall esc, motor, and wires, it won't fit correctly, I emailed outerwears explaining the situation, they called me back asking what was the issue, the csr told me they were aware of the situacion, and asked me for some pics, and they will send me a replacement, but never happened. I ended waterproofing the esc, and covering the esc fan with a small mesh.

Hopefully I can mod it to work. As long as I can cover 95% of the tray i'm good. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Digger, this is an awesome build. I like all the Tekno stuff you have on the truck! Its gonna be a BEAST for sure!!!
    SUMMIT,EREVO
    P4DE,MERV

Update: Building my own Losi Ten T shocks

I've been scoping eBay for a little while now trying to pick up the rear Losi Ten T shocks with no luck. I did snag a set of fronts though. I got fed up and didnt feel like waiting out another week(s). So, I decided to build my own with STRC red aluminum bodies and shock caps with the Losi guts. I'm not sure why I didnt think about this before. They offer 3 other colors vs the stock blue color. Plus its only a couple of bucks more to go with STRC on the bodies. The shock caps are a tad on the high side, but it compliments the rest of the shock so well. These are going to pop with the rest of the truck really well. Anyways here are the parts I got in yesterday. When I finally get to finish building on this sucker I hope I don't get so excited that I forget my camera. LOL I think i'm going to use my Cannon Rebel to shoot it. One thing it takes totally better pics and faster.

Losi Ten T parts to build the new shocks. Not pictured are the boots. I have them in my stock already.

STRC Red Anodized Shock Bodies & Caps

No progress but more additional parts. I think i'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Unit should be coming up this weekend and back to my normal shift, so they say. Anyone that works in the chemical/ refinery construction business knows otherwise. haha
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    DiggerPede, I can't wait to see the finished product and to hear about your first drive and thanks for the shot out - hoooooo111! The tekno kit with adapters and those strc shock bodies all look awesome. oh yeah, and I'm digging the black set of wheels and tires, nice choices across the board

RC Qualifier
    It's gonna be very nice truck

RC Champion
    Thanks Peter!! I'm so excited myself. I really need to start working on the Lid so it will be ready when the truck is all put together. Kinda hard to do that at 10:00 at night. LOL I still don't know why they don't put a 5mm shaft on the 2400.

you can get a 5mm replacement shaft for the 2400. I just did
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E G-Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    you can get a 5mm replacement shaft for the 2400. I just did
    Kewl. They didn't have it at the time when i purchased it. I just found the 5mm shaft upgrade.

011-0025-00
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    digger it is been 10 days since the project started, why is this taking so long...LOL I want to see my slash finished, and running

Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    digger it is been 10 days since the project started, why is this taking so long...LOL I want to see my slash finished, and running
    That's what i keep telling myself to. 12s are killing me. LOL. I built 'a' shock and will post a pic in the morning.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Thumbs up Update: Shock Build

After putting the wife and kiddos to bed I got some ME time. LOL I opened all the packages to put one rear Losi Ten T/ STRC shock together. I love the red anodize on this shock body and cap. I totally prefer building them using a lock nut on top of the piston, another reason I dig these shocks. E clips are for the birds. Everything went together smoothly. I didnt take any picks for a shock build. It's pretty easy and there are many out there. So, i'm just going to show the end result of this. From now on if I want these shocks i'm going to build them myself. Its fun!!!

Losi Ten T/ STRC Red Anodized Shock. The black boot & springs really look good together.

Figured i'd throw a pic of my messy work space. I need to fiinish this build so I can clean the kitchen table off. Suprised the wife hasnt told me anything. Good reason to keep kinfolk away. haha

Yep yep I had enough time to build just ONE. Maybe i'll be lucky enough to build the other side.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    that shock looks really good, how much will it cost to build four of those ? I run D8's, but just curious.

RC Racer
    LoL, its funny cuz i work on the dinning room table to work on my slash 4x4.... my girl be tellin not to...Need to buy i work stand...

1 x LOSB2845 Losi Front & Rear Shock Shaft Set (4) (Ten-T) $9.25
    1 x LOSB2904 Losi Front & Rear Shock Plastics & Ball Set (4) (Ten-T) $6.39
    2 x LOSB2906 Losi Shock Rebuild Set (2) (Ten-T) $9.18
    1 x SPTSTLB2825R STRC CNC Machined Aluminum Front Shock Body Set (Red) (2) $13.49
    1 x SPTSTLB2826R STRC CNC Machined Aluminum Rear Shock Body Set (Red) (2) $15.49
    1 x SPTSTLB2904R STRC CNC Machined Aluminum Shock Cap Set (Red) (4) $17.99
    1 x LOSB2905 Losi Front & Rear Shock Boots (8) (Ten-T) $5.49

Total $77.28

I added the Red Aluminum Shock Caps. If you didn't buy those it would be $18 cheaper at < $60. Which still isnt bad for a set of good shocks.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Nice build! You got great taste man! I think i will follow suit on the losi shocks as they look more beefier than stock or PL. Keep up the good work Sir!

If those shocks work as good as they look, you are a lucky guy. Nice detailed list
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Peter, if you ran a truck with these shocks, you'd never go for less again! They are simply amazing. Rcfan, having D8's, is a lucky guy. Im sure he will agree that the bigger precision shocks feel like a whole differnt class of control at insane speeds across really rough terrain. It takes your bash session to a whole new pace and level of enjoyment. Your truck becomes way more capable as your fine tune your set up.
    Toddzda, ya, way beefy is one way to put it, they are so plush from the huge bore.

Digger, buddy, sorry about my absence. I've popped in for a quick read here and there but, I'll be back on more soon. So this build is coming along nice, (and slow) lol. Drove my trucks 2 in 2 weeks, your not almond on the busy times. Components are all choice, I could see me ordering the same parts on a scratch build. Difference is, I would go with RCE arms protrac bones "so they don't pop out" ! Aaaahhh ya keep the sc wheels set up with a pair of tranchers on 17mm from PL. Also a pair of ofna 100% offset with a super low profile masher, (I have a set that has been trimmed so the tread starts at the rim).
    The shocks are first class. That's the exacts route id go for top quality shocks, and my color! I've just jumped up to a MMM. Also soldered all my mmp's. I never bothered with a cover/overtray. I never collected so much dirt to be bothers. Well, truth is, I spend so much time flipping, rolling,
    it dont collect. You got some good stuff going, few things you may change but I'll wait it out and see how you like it before asking/suggesting hehe. I'll talk soon digger, looks like your doing some nice work and anxious to see it bashing or racing.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

Smile Update: Rear end built and partial front.

Thanks dread. Appreciate the help and hooking me on those Losi Ten T shocks. I can't wait to run the ones i'm building. They came out fantastic and building them is a no brainer now on out. I like building stuff, plus the more you do it the more you learn the parts to them. Heck i've never actually had to rebuild any as of yet other than changing the oil to them.

Peter if you ever have a chance and need something to do!!! LOL Buy a set of the Losi Ten T or build a set like I just did << recommended. There is always something better out there, but if you have to buy a whole new set these are a great setup for the money. Kinda hard to get something for that amount of money. I'm not going to get into a shock debate, i've run some of the other good ones. Nothing bigger than these as of yet. I tell you one thing i'd like to do the ONE shock setup on my EMBE now that i've run these puppies.

Anyways. Came home the wife and I ate supper. Did our evening ritual walking in the yard checking the garden and such. Wife and baby started resting up. So I go to the table to start working on my build and I started laying out my parts to build my other rear shock. I get a call from my neighbor and a grass truck had spilled and lost all his pallets of grass. The owner didnt want it so all the grass was free for the taking. Long story short my neighbor and I went and loaded the back of my truck with grass. There went part of my evening to work on the build. Yet again the wife and Kiddo, our boy is at grandmas for the night, were put to bed. Lucky me i see 10ish again to start on my build. Well 4-1/2 - 5 hrs of sleep isnt anything nice. LOL

I started and this is where I got. Once you get into it you dont want to stop and believe me before I was done it was 11:30 I know i'm blabbing a lot, just wanted to give ya my low down.

The shocks came out nicely. The color just looks amazing. I used the stock springs that came with my original set of Losi Ten T's that I have on my Digger. We'll see how those work, if I will need to go to a softer setup.

The sway bar kit was an easy install. This will be my second setup using them. My ERBE is the first. I have a question: Should the back of the sway bar pivot where if the right side is compressed/ or slightly compressed the left side moves with it? Maybe I have the screws on the back of the bar to tight? Or is that the correct setup that it uses the sway to put force on that selected side.

Yay!!!! I was able to thow down the front bulk/ steering/ a-arms/ shock tower. This is as far as I got. My next step is to install the Tekno Front end. After I complete this it'll start coming together and look like a truck. LOL

Any other pointers on how to setup the front sway bars? I'm using the stiff black sways.

I'm not sure how many of you have used or do use the WD-40/ denatured alcohol/ degreaser conction. That stuff is simply amazing. I use a small craft paint brush to dab the parts down, then slightly wipe them off. Man they look brand new afterwards. I'm curious to see how much of a dust/ dirt proof barrier it creates and for how long. When I cleaned these parts I used a degreaser and toothbrush, they came out nice, but this stuff here puts a shine. Which i'm sure is from the WD-40.

Oh and I'm not sure when i'll be able to run it, hopefully by end of next week. My Tekno big bone driveshaft should be working its way to my lovely mailbox....Wonder what the neighbors would thing of me using an RC body as one?????? hahaha

Sorry for running yacking my jaw so much. Appreciate my fellow onlookers & build followers. I'm as excited as you guys to get this thing completed and thowing some wheels and power to it.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    so I got my xo-1 wheels/tires. they fit on the proline wheel adapart wit no problem. i brough 2 sets of rears just cause the rear wheels/tires are wider than the fronts

Last edited by sbinqnz; 05-19-2012 at 12:35 PM.

^^ Thanks for the pics and idea. They even look clean with the truck body.

BTW nice look'n truck man.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    if u wanna do speed runs u gotta get a set, thats the only reason i got a set....im want to get my " super platinum street edition " slash to go atleat 85mph

Man Tekno has been shipping their parts out fast. I wasn't expecting these till mid next week. Surprise surprise I got them in yesterday. I'm happy as a Lark.

I didnt get to bust into the package yet but got to look it over from the outside. I worked on the front bulk area. Installed the front Tekno steering blocks, and carrier side of the Tekno bones, stub axles, & beefy 17mm hex adapters. Oh and the RPM front bumper is bolted up ready to mount. Hopefully tonight I get to finish the bone drives, Ten T/ STRC shocks, and maybe install the Savox 1258TG Servo, & if i'm lucky more. She's getting there slowly but surely.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Looks beefy! Now stop typing here and get your butt at the table and build!

Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Looks beefy! Now stop typing here and get your butt at the table and build!
    I'm at work so I can fund the building of the truck. LOL Hoping this is my last day of the Turnaround, they are trying to bring the Unit up.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I know my friend, I was just teasing. I hope you get some building time soon.

RC Racer
    one question, where do you get all that money from? that project your doing looks super nice and fast but those parts altogether look like they cost a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by kennymonsta View Post
    one question, where do you get all that money from? that project your doing looks super nice and fast but those parts altogether look like they cost a lot of money.
    It's called living the American dream....W O R K......LOL Ever once in a while I pull a couple 'Benjamin's' off the ole money tree in my back yard.

BTW Thanks. It's a fun build.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    It's called living the American dream....W O R K......LOL Ever once in a while I pull a couple 'Benjamin's' off the ole money tree in my back yard.

BTW Thanks. It's a fun build.
    i hope mines come fast like urs did ...lol
    are u running a center diff or a slipper clutch ?

Quote Originally Posted by sbinqnz View Post
    i hope mines come fast like urs did ...lol
    are u running a center diff or a slipper clutch ?
    Slipper
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Red face Update: HR Alloy Steering & Castor Blocks

Shame on me!!!

I just added a couple more parts to the truck.

HR Aluminum C-hub (SLF1901)
    HR Adjustable Aluminum Steering Bellcrank, Servo Saver (SLF4801)

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    yup, I bought it, and it was a very tight fit, specially on the back due to a tall esc, motor, and wires, it won't fit correctly, I emailed outerwears explaining the situation, they called me back asking what was the issue, the csr told me they were aware of the situacion, and asked me for some pics, and they will send me a replacement, but never happened. I ended waterproofing the esc, and covering the esc fan with a small mesh.
    I beg to differ... I'm running the MM 2200 system in my slash 4x4 on 4s and I use my outerwears shroud every time and it has never come off. I do agree it was a tight fit and I did have to fiddle with it, but after some wire tidying I was able to get it done. I can post pics if anyone wants to see what I did.
    2x 2wd Slash|Slash 4x4 PE|MM E-Revo|Grave Digger

Quote Originally Posted by deviltrigger529 View Post
    I can post pics if anyone wants to see what I did.
    Sure. I'd like to see it.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    I'm going to link the pics so I don't have to resize them and you guys can see them full size. Its still not full size for some reason so click the pic to maximize it if you want to.

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=91911405.jpg

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=3c8cdfe5.jpg

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=854f0a5d.jpg

Now I do mean it is tight, it has to be pulled over to fit and there is no slack, but it has not come undone once and this truck has seen its fair share of cartwheels and abrupt stops.

You basically need to make sure you can make the wires lay flat along the top of the chassis over the batteries. The ESC to motor wires can be manipulated out of the way and I lay the batteries so that the wires are the farthest from the ESC, so there is more space to take up the slack of the wire. I also got rid of my receiver box since it isn't really necessary with the shroud. The most I get in there is a light dust which is gone with a blast from my electric duster.

Update: Front Losi Ten T/ STRC Shocks Built & Savox 1258TG Servo Installed

Good Morning!
    Last night I built the front Losi Ten T/ STRC shocks. They are so easy to put together a caveman could do it!!! Plus they look plain sweet. I yanked the Traxxas-2075 Servo and mounted the new Savox 1258TG. Its just a hair short, but it'll work. I bolted up HR Aluminum Servo Clamp plates to hold them down and if anything was to happen to the ears they wont bust off now.

Front Losi Ten T/ STRC Shocks

Savox 1258TG Servo

Coiled the ESC & Servo Wires

Not bad for an hours worth of work. I'm just sitting back taking my time and keeping perfection and detail to the build. Once i get the bulks & chassis bolted together i'll mount the body and reem the holes to prep for painting.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    lookin good, it seem to be comin along great....dont forget the stampede ex box in the front for a clean look

RC Qualifier
    If you still plan to try to use the outerwears shroud, tuck those motor wires around the ESC towards the outside of the chassis and you should be able to use it no problem. Refer to the pics I posted and you will see what I mean.

Yeah i still have a long way to go to finish up. I'll tidy all that stuff up once she comes together fully.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    How much do you think you have put in the truck?