Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    so the bad horsie grease will stay in an un-modified stock diff? i wish i hade of know that before... it would have been cheaper then my new shiney flm unit
    Slash 2wd Vxl, ERBE; Crash N Learn

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by wmckay96 View Post
    so the bad horsie grease will stay in an un-modified stock diff? i wish i hade of know that before... it would have been cheaper then my new shiney flm unit
    Well it might be too sticky in some instances? FLM is going to give you the ability to tune with different weights which might give a good edge in racing conditions.

I have a few Hot Racing spools hanging on my pegboard, hmmmm dare I run one LOL

RC Qualifier
    haha i wish i had a spool... i considered getting one but desided a diff is they way too go... i wonder what the future holds.

Quote Originally Posted by wmckay96 View Post
    It definitely stayed in my stock diff for over a year but I bash a couple different trucks so each one doesn't get a lot of use. No worries about the FLM diff, you can always clean it out and re-pack with silicone fluid.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    haha im just kiddin i cant wait to get my diff im in love with it... but i think ill get some bad horsie grease for my spare stock diff.

Well my FLM diff arrived today and I threw it on the heap of parts for my Slash lcog track build. I ordered and paid for it April 29th and here it is May 29th. I think 30 days to drop-ship an item is pretty ridiculous. FLM is built in Gray Summit MO (near St. Louis) and who knows what took so long. So, expect a 30-day delivery if you order from RC-Monster. As Mike said in the email: "Your order was sent to FastLane machine for direct shipment (drop ship) – they are taking about 2-3 weeks on average for drop ship orders(as stated on our website)."

Blame the victim Mike!! I don't remember seeing a 2-3 week delivery time but I guess it's my fault...

Just as a test, I'm ordering a sealed diff from Swami-RC and I'll see how long it takes to arrive. I'll keep you posted.

Ok I ordered it today so we will see how long it takes to ship!!

RC Qualifier
    i ordered mine may 2nd and still nothing so dont feel so bad! haha ok keep us posted

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    Well my FLM diff arrived today and I threw it on the heap of parts for my Slash lcog track build. I ordered and paid for it April 29th and here it is May 29th. I think 30 days to drop-ship an item is pretty ridiculous. FLM is built in Gray Summit MO (near St. Louis) and who knows what took so long. So, expect a 30-day delivery if you order from RC-Monster. As Mike said in the email: "Your order was sent to FastLane machine for direct shipment (drop ship) – they are taking about 2-3 weeks on average for drop ship orders(as stated on our website)."

Blame the victim Mike!! I don't remember seeing a 2-3 week delivery time but I guess it's my fault...

Just as a test, I'm ordering a sealed diff from Swami-RC and I'll see how long it takes to arrive. I'll keep you posted.
    How is there warranty? Ive noticed with some places there warranty clock starts when it ships so sometimes it ends up by the time you get your stuff its over.

Here is a quote from their website. I hope it applies to the differential:

If you bend it, break it or break off a screw in it we will replace it for a fraction of the cost.
    Generally only the cost of shipping and handling.

All warranties are covered only through Fast Lane Machine. You must send in the damaged part along with a check or money order to

Fast Lane Machine
    209 Lake Dr.
    Gray Summit, MO 63039

I assembled the differential (no directions provided) with all new internal gears and shafts and it went together pretty well but took some time to get everything in place.

The LHS had 7,000wt diff fluid in stock so I bought it for the diff, but it is wayyyy too light. It practically makes no improvement versus light grease on the internals. So I'll order some heavier stuff. I'll post pics Friday when I'm off.

I have seen people say 30,000 to 50,000 is the range you want.
    Whats in my wallet?
    I cant afford a wallet...

RC Champion
    I'm in with 100k and IMO that feels light, there is still plenty of diff action that there is no bind.
    Outdoor temps of 80+ degrees I expect will also effect the viscosity of the lube used.

7,000 was the heaviest he had in stock so I'll have to order something heavier. Because the new fluid won't be in till next week I'll run it like it is Friday night at the races and see how it handles.

Sent from the cockpit of my Jeep Wrangler

The diff itself felt very loose compared to what I had before - when I broke down the transmission to swap in the FLM diff, I found I had done the lock washer mod on this truck. Talk about a tight diff. So I replaced all the gears and adiosed the washer.

Now it's too loose for my taste so I ordered 30,000k and 60,000k fluid.

RC Champion
    Just sharing an inside update from Proline............Possibly look for an announcement around the 15th of this month on the Proline racing transmission for the 2WD Slash!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by kwitty View Post
    Just sharing an inside update from Proline............Possibly look for an announcement around the 15th of this month on the Proline racing transmission for the 2WD Slash!
    Good, did they mentioned possible price or are they going to wait for the announcement?
    Brustler
    Slash
    E-Maxx
    1/16 E-Revo

RC Champion
    I am unaware of any suggested MSRP pricing at this point.

Not good enough kwitty! Get that msrp!
    Whats in my wallet?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Will do Captain! LOL

RC Champion
    OK, here is the reply I received in answer to the expected MSRP on the new Proline Racing Trans for the Traxxas Slash:

Hi Karl,
    MSRP on the transmission is $134.95 I think?

So Rag6 at least it is a current update coming from Customer Service at Proline and I must say that their helpfulness and follow up on a very small detail I inquired about and some previous assistance has been more than I expected and that makes me happy Thanks to Aaron and Jill @ Proline

Price gouging? That is really steep. To me anyway. Can you tell my heart is breaking? Oh well my trans runs great so its not broke and I will not fix it. Not for that price anyway jeeeesshhh!
    Whats in my wallet?

RC Champion
    Price gouging? That is really steep. To me anyway. Can you tell my heart is breaking? Oh well my trans runs great so its not broke and I will not fix it. Not for that price anyway jeeeesshhh!
    Ahhhh come on man, no one pays MSRP

RC Champion
    There are a few perhaps overlooked benefits too of this trans, aluminum motor plate mount, a much easier removal of trans from chassis as the plate with hinge pins and arms stays in the chassis too! Makes sense to getting to the diff to change up lubes far easier and do maintenance.
    Proline has released two YouTube and on their website video updates, so far the one thing that startled me was that one gear is metal and the rest are plastic in the driveline setup? However less mass to get into motion is a good thing.

The real test is really going to be how good and tuneable is the diff action as that is what is seems we all want better control of.
    Just my thoughts and observations on it so far.

Update on the one Slash I put Bad Horsie grease into, the diff actions seems to have already gotten much looser? I didn't really want to have to tear it down and repack it already but..................I'll have to take a look see

Hmmm, maybe time to devise a spool with shear pin that can easily be replaced?? Or a spool with a friction lock that is adjustable??

Usually grease will loosen up way before diff oil will. Even the thickest stuff...
    Whats in my wallet?

Kwitty... Are you talking about a spool split down the center with a friction plate sandwiched between the two halves? I like that idea. And make it adjustable.

What oil/grease do you run in your diff?

Tamiya anti wear grease. Gets 20 runs before it gets thin. It does not leak into the gearbox(+).
    Whats in my wallet?

RC Champion
    Proline Update on Transmission............I see Stormer Hobbies has it on their homepage and for $99.95!
    I think tomorrow is an expected press release and lets hope for availability, must be a Fathers day promo

RC Champion
    Kwitty... Are you talking about a spool split down the center with a friction plate sandwiched between the two halves? I like that idea. And make it adjustable.

Yes, that sounds simple doesn't it?? Might take one of my spools to a machine shop for modifications

Proline Update on Transmission............I see Stormer Hobbies has it on their homepage and for $99.95!
    I think tomorrow is an expected press release and lets hope for availability, must be a Fathers day promo
    Maybe we need to take charge and order it for ourselves... for Father's Day.

RC Champion
    Maybe we need to take charge and order it for ourselves... for Father's Day.
    Well, I put one in my shopping cart LOL Smart of Proline to introduce it for Fathers Day if it happens to happen that way!

RC Champion
    Email link showed up today for introduction of new Proline Transmission:
    http://prolineracing.com/performance...-transmission/

Looks pretty sweeeeet

The diff will not fit into a stock gearbox. It requires a different size output bearing...
    If you want to use the diff, you need the entire trans.

1 previously unmentioned feature. Adjustable toe and squat options coming in the future... Cool.
    Last edited by rag6; 06-16-2012 at 10:48 AM.
    Whats in my wallet?

RC Champion
    The diff will not fit into a stock gearbox. It requires a different size output bearing...
    If you want to use the diff, you need the entire trans.

1 previously unmentioned feature. Adjustable toe and squat options coming in the future... Cool.
    And that output bearing is massive in size! I see lots of shims inside the carrier, maybe other areas to tweak?

RC Qualifier
    im sorry i got lost... is this talking about the proline diff?
    And that output bearing is massive in size! I see lots of shims inside the carrier, maybe other areas to tweak?

Quote Originally Posted by 43CheeriosDodgefan View Post
    it should fit but the only problem that i had was getting the inner ball bearing removed. also the bearings that duratrax includes are slightly smaller than the opening in the differential case. im going to find out what size bearings everyone should buy then i will tell you
    It began as a general diff discussion for the slash but then we found out about the proline tranny...

RC Champion
    So we are still talking about a 'sealed differential' discussion LOL!

So only two choices so far, add an FLM diff to your existing stock Traxxas trans or.........do an entire upgrade to the new Proline Racing Trans with a 'sealed differential' FLM upgrade about $45, Proline upgrade about $100 but includes several other beneficial features.

Thanks O.G. for letting this thread roll on..........

RC Qualifier
    hey O.G. I ordered My FLM diff May 2nd and it finally arives September 6th! a hole summer of bashing wasted!! thats what i call service!!! Does any one else have a beef with FLM/

RC Qualifier
    BT: sorry about reving old threads i havent been on here in a while.