RC Enthusiast

fyi DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM CHUCK WORKS

I THOUGH I BUY SOMETHING NEW FOR MY SLASH LOOKED AROUND MIDMOTOR SLASH WOULD BE FUN . SO I BOUGHT FROM CHUCK WORKS LOOKED REAL GOOD IN PICTURES 80.00 WASTED STICK WITH THE STOCK .

THE GUY DOESNT MEASURE ANYTHING EVERYTHING OFF HE TELL YOU WILL YOU JUST HAVE TO REDRILL THE HOLES i dont think for 80 bucks i should have to redrill anything this i crap SAVE YOUR MONEY

RC Qualifier
    I've put three Chuckworks setups together, and had to redrill perhaps one or two holes during each build. I don't consider this excessive. If you want some work, try to put an FLM gearbox on an STRC LCG setup. That took a solid 2 hours of drilling, grinding, and filing to get it to fit.

RC Racer
    Personally I've never seen a single other thread complaining about chuckworks fitment issues. Under the circumstances maybe you got a duffer? which chuckworks chassis was it (there are quiet a few variants)? Are you using any other mods or non-standard parts? Did you try to address the issues you've encountered with "the guy"? What was his response? How did you go about complaining?

RC Racer
    And along comes the doc to prove me wrong

double post for some reason - can't you delete your own posts?????
    Last edited by tachikoma1373; 01-10-2013 at 03:04 PM.

RC Racer
    And along comes the doc to prove me wrong

RC Enthusiast
    You're aware that this is a hobby, and sometimes a little DIY work is needed, right?

I'd love to see this guy try to build an airplane..Get a box of balsa and he'd flip out..

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowman View Post
    I THOUGH I BUY SOMETHING NEW FOR MY SLASH LOOKED AROUND MIDMOTOR SLASH WOULD BE FUN . SO I BOUGHT FROM CHUCK WORKS LOOKED REAL GOOD IN PICTURES 80.00 WASTED STICK WITH THE STOCK .

THE GUY DOESNT MEASURE ANYTHING EVERYTHING OFF HE TELL YOU WILL YOU JUST HAVE TO REDRILL THE HOLES i dont think for 80 bucks i should have to redrill anything this i crap SAVE YOUR MONEY
    I have seen some threads about this problems but I don't have any experience with their products.
    Example:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...d-2150kv-motor!!!
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

RC Racer
    Try and talk to the company before bashing the heck out of them on a forum for everyone to read. 9 times outta ten a company like chuckworks will take care of their customers. I've seen a lot of these chassis kits on multiple fourms with no complaints. Giving him a heads up might also save him from sending out other kits with the same problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    You get what you pay for..I ended up throwing my a3 and 4x in the trash. I did not like them at all.
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E G-Slayer

I had a great time with my chassis. Still holds the track lap record:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...d-engine-build

One of the best and sweetest things I ever did to an rc. You just have to read between the lines a bit. This chassis is not for beginners...

Also, called chuckworks to see if I could get some custom parts made for my build. He was very accommodating, easy to work with, and the custom parts price quotes were more than reasonable. I ended up doing the work myself, but I would recommend chuckworks. Things did not go together like legos, but all the items were there to build a club level dominating truck. Just need to put your own signature on the build, and I am not a fabricator.

Were you as offensive contacting him as you were in the first post? You need to ask for help, not trash the guy at first contact.
    Last edited by rag6; 01-11-2013 at 01:50 PM.
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

Quote Originally Posted by wunjee View Post
    You're aware that this is a hobby, and sometimes a little DIY work is needed, right?
    I agree with this to an extent. Technically if you spend $80 for a chassis, it should bolt together without any modding. Let's face it, the Traxxas chassis platform isn't very complicated, so there's really no excuse for having to re-drill holes and what not. But............. there's a lot of info left out of the OP. We don't know if he was using all OEM Traxxas parts for the build or if he had aftermarket accessories. I'm sure we all know that some of the aftermarket stuff requires modding even to fit the stock chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    You get what you pay for
    Very true. The ChuckWorks stuff is some of the cheapest I've seen. If I needed to do a little finesse work to make it work properly, I wouldn't be too upset considering the price.

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post

Were you as offensive contacting him as you were in the first post? You need to ask for help, not trash the guy at first contact.

I'm willing to bet that this has a whole lot to do with this situation. If someone were to approach me with the attitude that's in the first post, I wouldn't be going out of my way to help out. Matter of fact, I would have probably ended the conversation long before Chuck did.

I remember back when he released his first chassis kit on ebay. I was the one who discovered the issue with the squat angle when reversing the stock Traxxas trans for his mid-motor chassis and also the issue with running an XL-5 Slash with reversed trans (motor has timing built-in and won't run properly in reverse). Can't remember who started that thread, but whoever it was contacted Chuck and made him aware of the issue and the thread on this forum. Chuck immediately recognized the problem, pulled all of his ebay auctions and came up with a solution. Not only did he come up with an updated version, but from what I recall, he sent the updated parts out to all those who had already purchased his original chassis.

With that being said, what more can you ask for from the guy? Seems to me he did whatever needed to be done to fix a problem and take care of all his prior customers too. I can think of many big companies out there who released a part that had problems and they did absolutely nothing to make it right. Heck, a bunch of them wouldn't even admit there was a problem in the first place.

Chuck is a stand up guy who is running a company by himself (at least it seems that way) and does a heck of a job at it. I wouldn't hesitate to spend my money with him.

RC Enthusiast
    quote)Chuck is a stand up guy who is running a company by himself (at least it seems that way) and does a heck of a job at it. I wouldn't hesitate to spend my money with him.
    I bought the 4.5 slice,am very pleased with the chassis tried trading a vxl rustler in the market place afew days ago for what he had which was the 4.5 chassis
    drive it like you own it,full throttle

RC Champion
    I'll have to say that Chuck was great to deal with. I order the a3 off of ebay and he sent me the 4x instead. I called and talked with him and I decided to keep the 4x and he only charged me $40 to get an a3 sent out.
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E G-Slayer

RC Competitor
    I love my A3 works great only problem i had was my bumper mount points down slightly easy fix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2